No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh, the Weathermen were a little overhyped. 3 of them accidentally blew themselves up in Greenwich Village while making bombs. I think that's maybe more people than they ever actually killed. They usually called in advance to warn people that a bomb had been left in the building.

The wacko Symbionese people and the FALN were worse. There's a good book called "Days of Rage" that's about all those 70's terrorist groups and even a couple that spilled over into the 80's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I wasn't really familiar with Chesa Boudin until I read up on him yesterday. Holy shit, do you know his lineage? Both his parents were in the Weather Underground/May 19 Communist Organization and convicted in the 1981 Brinks truck robbery in New York. Father, David Gilbert, was convicted of 3 counts of murder and sentenced to 75 years to life. His mom, Kathy Boudin received 20 years to life for her role. In all, 3 people were killed - one Brinks employee and two police officers while 3 others survived their wounds. As an outgoing present to Gilbert, Andrew Cuomo granted him clemency in August of last year on his way out the door. Gilbert was released on parole in Nov. 2021. Kathy Boudin was granted parole in 2003 and in 2008 was hired as an adjunct professor at Columbia University. Well, ain't that swell.

At the time of the robbery/murder the couple had a 14 month old son named Chesa. After his parents went to prison young Chesa was raised in Chicago by Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn. Chesa would grow up to be a prosecuting attorney that had a reputation for being soft on crime. Shocking.
      The leaf doesn’t fall far from the tree in this case.

Between this Boudin guy and Barack Obama, the Weather Underground has had quite an oversized influence on American politics.

Comment

• Crystal hot sauce has supplanted Tabasco as my #1. It’s weird, but I have preferred Crystal ever since I had Covid.

I knew you would all want to know.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And Crystal goes great on boudin. Full circle.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There's a WSJ story behind a paywall that this is in response to. The story is about children of immigrants here legally on work visas who are getting deported once they turn 21 because of slow green card processing times and an enormous backlog of cases for certain countries (India)

Expand H1-B Visa Program | National Review

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Crystal hot sauce has supplanted Tabasco as my #1. It’s weird, but I have preferred Crystal ever since I had Covid.

I knew you would all want to know.
              Which of Wiz's three wing flavors do you like best: Heinz, Hunt's, or Great Value?

Comment

• How great is it in this country that you can be raised by largely incompetent Marxist terrorists and still rise above it to get elected as the DA of a major city - provided there's no record that you used racial, gender or orientation slurs as a teenager.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Which of Wiz's three wing flavors do you like best: Heinz, Hunt's, or Great Value?
                  Real tomato ketchup? Only the best for you, Clark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                    How great is it in this country that you can be raised by largely incompetent Marxist terrorists and still rise above it to get elected as the DA of a major city - provided there's no record that you used racial, gender or orientation slurs as a teenager.?
                    It's a great country. You can even be a Communist terrorist and the man whose political career you launch in your living room can become President of the United States.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                      How great is it in this country that you can be raised by largely incompetent Marxist terrorists and still rise above it to get elected as the DA of a major city - provided there's no record that you used racial, gender or orientation slurs as a teenager.?
                      You can also be an actual former member of those terrorist groups and then win a faculty appointment at prominent universities. Ah, the land of opportunity...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Between this Boudin guy and Barack Obama, the Weather Underground has had quite an oversized influence on American politics.
                        Bill and Hillary also sympathized with the Weather underground. Bill's "loathing" of the military came from that era.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You mean American Fare, Spartan, or Great Value.
                          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

You can also be an actual former member of those terrorist groups and then win a faculty appointment at prominent universities. Ah, the land of opportunity...
                            Her convictions for murder and robbery proved her mettle and certainly separated her from the pretenders..

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

It dawned on me reading through the various wikis on these folks just how much things seem very much the same as 40-50 years ago. If that pattern holds, and I think it will, we'll see a pendulum swing back to 'tough on crime" law and order policies.

During the Carter administration we had sky high inflation, sky high crime rates, leftist goons running wild and destroying things in the name of "racial justice", Russians invading neighboring countries, and major cities in crisis. That directly led to Ronald Reagan becoming president and Republicans running our two largest cities. Even Bill Clinton passed the 1994 Crime Bill that is so often cited as a reason for "mass incarceration". In other words, people get fed up with the bullshit.

Fast forward to Carter 2.0. We have sky high inflation, sky high crime rates, leftist goons running wild and destroying things in the name of "racial justice", Russians invading neighboring countries, and major cities in crisis. When the people of San Francisco jettison their recently elected DA because they are disgusted with the results of leftist policies, then look the fuck out.

Comment

• South Dakota tried to get voters to pass a constitutional amendment that would make it harder to pass laws by ballot initiative. It would require an initiative to receive 60% of the vote rather than just 50%. It failed yesterday, 67 to 33

They were doing this because Medicaid expansion is on the ballot in November. And six conservative states (Idaho, Utah, Maine, Missouri, Nebraska, and Oklahoma) have expanded Medicaid via direct ballot initiative since 2018.

South Dakotans Refuse to Weaken Ballot Initiatives, Keeping Hopes Alive for Medicaid Expansion | Bolts (boltsmag.org)

Comment

Working...
                                X