Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

It seems to me that she already decided what the fuck happens to her body when she got pregnant. With all the prog insistence on grooming kids before 3rd grade, one would think at least some progs might realize what causes pregnancy.

And, once pregnant (nowadays mostly by choice), there are two lives to consider. One is totally innocent. One fucked around. Why should the innocent die to not inconvenience the one who fucked around?
    Again, just so we're all extremely clear. Allowing abortion one day before your due date? Yeah, that's a prog position. Allowing abortion 7 weeks into pregnancy? That's not a "prog" position. That's a moderate, mainstream position. The people who want a complete ban on abortion, I assume that includes you, are not just the minority but are the extreme minority.

Comment

• This guy asks Chuck Grassley why we are supporting Ukraine when Putin is the good guy trying to stop biolabs, corruption, Nazis, and pedophilia.

Grassley is old, mostly a good guy, and not looking to rock the boat. Would have preferred some stronger repudiations here but meh

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I personally don't see how it's a benefit to the United States for every state to have its own abortion policy. But I don't think that would be nearly so much as a clusterfuck as if there wasn't a unified position on gay marriage. There's at least 3 justices who would happily overturn Obergefell just on ideology alone.

I "think" (but it's only a guess) that fewer states would outlaw gay marriage if Obergefell gets overturned than will go full tilt against abortion if Roe is overturned.
        Well, fundamentally most Americans agree it’s a crime at some point. Most Americans think, e.g., killing a 35-week baby is a crime. And crime is fundamentally a state law issue. State crime laws are way more alike than different, but there are differences that matter. I mean, the concept of federalism still means something, I think.

As for Obergefell, I disagree with what I think you mean by ideology. As a matter of Constitutional ideology I would agree. I don’t think “love wins” is in the Constitution.
        Last edited by iam416; April 13, 2022, 07:44 PM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Again, just so we're all extremely clear. Allowing abortion one day before your due date? Yeah, that's a prog position. Allowing abortion 7 weeks into pregnancy? That's not a "prog" position. That's a moderate, mainstream position. The people who want a complete ban on abortion, I assume that includes you, are not just the minority but are the extreme minority.
          You are correct. But, to reiterate, because it bears repeating, 2 states are already in the “Prog position” which is every bit as extreme as a flat ban. And California, I believe, has proposed a bill that gives the mother the right to “refuse care” to babies living outside the womb. I mean, I get that you’re taking aim at folks here, but you better damn well understand that “your side” is going to end up full-on Prog.

Comment

• Anyway, once Roe is overturned the R party will cease to exist.

On to more interesting shit, Schumer was pounding the table for student debt cancellation. I hate to cite the Senate Majority leader because I’m sure that’s not fair. But it sure seems like the Ds want to cancel student loan debt.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Well, fundamentally most Americans agree it’s a crime at some point. Most Americans think, e.g., killing a 35-week baby is a crime. And crime is fundamentally a state law issue. The laws are way more alike than different, but there are differences that matter. I mean, the concept of federalism still means something, I think.

As for Obergefell, I disagree with what I think you mean by ideology. As a matter of Constitutional ideology I would agree. I don’t think “love wins” is in the Constitution.
              They believe the case was decided on a bad constitutional argument and right or wrong would immediately reverse that decision if they could, without having the slightest concern for what the real world consequences might be. Same with Griswold. I think Roberts would largely agree with them but actually cares what the impact on the real world would be and the impact on stare decisis for a decision so recent to get thrown in the trash. I don't have a good enough grasp on what Kavanaugh and ACB believe to affirmatively say where they'd stand.

As much as a piece of shit William O Douglas may have been on a human level, I lean more towards how he approached the bench. And that makes us veeeeeeery different in our philosophy hahaha

Comment

• This is the most powerful warship Russia has on the Black Sea. It's the one that captured the Snake Island "go fuck yourself" guys. Ukraine is claiming they hit it. Russia says ammo mysteriously caught fire and exploded but admits they completely abandoned ship. Either way, out of action.

Comment

Anyway, once Roe is overturned the R party will cease to exist.
                  You are a stupid fuck, aren't you.

This is your MO. Take a part of a post and take a nuanced position literally and then harp on it.

So rather than taking it as it was intended, you twist it around so that you can cluck, cluck, nudge, nudge know what I mean? about it.

You are right. Talking to you is waste of fucking time.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ladies (Wiz) and Gentlemen (not you Wiz), I present discourse of the internet in 2022

FQQd_NFWQAAG-ZM?format=png&name=small.png

Comment

• heh

I mean...GFY twatwaffle
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Apparently CGVT not only thinks we can’t use the President’s own words, but we also can’t use his. Maybe they should choose words more carefully. I dunno. I certainly make sure I can defend what I say with reason and evidence.

But, the night was worth it just to hear a conclusory, zero evidence presented position described as nuanced. I mean, that really is fantastic.

Comment

They believe the case was decided on a bad constitutional argument and right or wrong would immediately reverse that decision if they could, without having the slightest concern for what the real world consequences might be. Same with Griswold. I think Roberts would largely agree with them but actually cares what the impact on the real world would be and the impact on stare decisis for a decision so recent to get thrown in the trash. I don't have a good enough grasp on what Kavanaugh and ACB believe to affirmatively say where they'd stand.

As much as a piece of shit William O Douglas may have been on a human level, I lean more towards how he approached the bench. And that makes us veeeeeeery different in our philosophy hahaha
                          I don’t have a problem with someone openly saying they support a Constitutional theory that is based on policy or pragmatic concerns without regard to actual text. At least that’s honest. I could go into a host of reasons as to why I think that’s hugely problematic, but to what end. We’re just of different minds on the issue.

Comment

Apparently CGVT not only thinks we can’t use the President’s own words, but we also can’t use his. Maybe they should choose words more carefully. I dunno. I certainly make sure I can defend what I say with reason and evidence.

But, the night was worth it just to hear a conclusory, zero evidence presented position described as nuanced. I mean, that really is fantastic.
                            End of the first quarter. Talent 49 CGVT 0.

Ouch.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Cluck. Cluck.

Clutch. Clutch!

Comment

• We’re just of different minds on the issue.

UuuuhhhUuuuhhhhh...massive understatement....
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X