No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is making the rounds...Zelensky even talked about it. Maybe it'll turn out to be fake, but it's one of those war stories people will talk about for generations.

Comment

• That island, btw, is close to the Romanian coast

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Your sister gave me some of those last time I saw her...
        I don't have a sister, twatwaffle. My guess is that it was a goat, you goat fucker.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Good:

DSL, how are you posting Tweets that show on the forum? My tweet posts don’t show anymore with the Twitter button.

Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
          In stock news, the Moscow Exchange closed down 33%. The RTS, which is denominated in dollars, dropped 39%. That should make Putin's pals happy.
          Oof. Costly…
          Last edited by Cody_Russell; February 24, 2022, 10:58 PM.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I don't have a sister, twatwaffle. My guess is that it was a goat, you goat fucker.
            Well she said she was your sister. Could have been your wife. Not sure. Tight lil sphincter...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Good.

https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/...Hk5uYTj-rnQRow

DSL, how are you posting Tweets that show on the forum? My tweet posts don’t show anymore with the Twitter button.

Oof. Costly…
              https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/IMOEX.ME/
              Not sure what I could be doing that you're not. Most of the time I post from a computer rather than my phone. I just copy the tweet address first, click the tweet button, and then paste the link between the brackets.

Comment

• Oh wait, here. Use the link on the time stamp

https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/...07450758991872

And not the below. Everything beginning with the "?" may be screwing up your posts.

Comment

• Sky is heating up over Kyiv just as intel predicted yet again. This is supposedly video of a downed Russian plane.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 24, 2022, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• ...just stopping thru to see if there are any cogent or rational thoughts...nope...out.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Oh wait, here. Use the link on the time stamp

https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/...07450758991872

And not the below. Everything beginning with the "?" may be screwing up your posts.

Thanks! You’re right. Deleting everything after the “?” posted it correctly.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• There's a lot of rage out there today directed against Russia both inside the country and outside. There's also condemnation of the weak response from the West to Russian aggressions - well deserved IMO. There's an overwhelming call for cutting Russia off from access to SWIFT. I've read both side's positions on this. It is not clear cut that it would have the desired impact.

After Russia annexed Crimea and the threat of that sanction offered, Putin organized his own payment system although it is not widely used. China has its own payment system and the concern is that cutting Russia off from Swift will drive those two countries closer together - both with similar autocratic governments and geopolitical goals. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60521822

On the ground, it's being reported that Russian forces are encountering heavier resistance than they probably thought they would. The heaviest is in and around Kiev; the lightest in the South and East flowing out of Crimea. Reporting on this is assuredly biased in favor of Ukraine so, until the fog of war clears, I'm tempted to view this stuff cautiously. I do find the antiwar sentiment inside Russia to be interesting but unlike here in the US, the government does not give a rat's ass about public opinion. Leadership does not care about their reputation. They are ruthlesly wedded to this Mother Russia line and restoration of a USSR. IOW, they don't think or use the same calculus as the Wests' leadership does.

The video of the "shootdown" is likely a cruise missile. It is unlikely that the Russian Airforce would be flying overhead Kiev at that altitude which is in the engagement heart of air defense weaponry. You've probably seen pictures of these undetonated cruise missiles stuck inside houses and pavement. So far, the ones' I've seen hitting targets have small payloads - thier use is more likely intended to cause panic.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Mitt Romney with an outstanding conclusion to his remarks. "The 80s called and we didn't answer."

That is, of course, in response to Obama (and The Chairman) mocking Romney's insistence that Russia was a big geopolitical threat (something like, "The 80s called, and they want their foreign policy back.")
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There's an article in the Times this morning claiming that Biden tried to get China to lean on Putin to avert an invasion and they basically told him to go pound sand because they didn't think an invasion would actually happen. Just in the past couple hours China has called for the two sides to sit down and negotiate and right after that Putin is suddenly open to negotiation again. I wonder if it's possible the invasion really did take China by surprise and they are a little annoyed at Putin for not letting them in on the plans.

I was surprised to find out just since this started that China, not Russia or the EU, is Ukraine's largest trading partner.

Comment

• F1 has canceled the Russian Grand Prix. I know you were all looking forward to watching.

Russian Grand Prix cancelled after Ukraine invasion (espn.com)

Comment

• Could be a pure intimidation tactic but the Russians put out a report saying they are mobilizing 10,000 from the Chechan Security Forces to head to Ukraine. That would terrorize Ukrainians as you might as well announce you're hiring 10,000 rapists and murders to act as the country's police force.

Comment

Working...
                                X