No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it was really an "insurrection", it was the worst insurrection in the history of insurrections. Even Baghdad Bob could have led a better insurrection.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Fauci expressed concern during multiple appearances on Sunday's news shows that Omicron related absenteeism will disrupt essential services and the normal functioning of society. That's only partly true. What is really disrupting the normal functioning of society is the confusion over the real risk of SARS Cov-2 the federal government via the CDC has sowed from the beginning of this shit storm.

It's pretty clear by now that Omicron is not a significant threat for about 98% of the US population. When SARS-2 first hit the street, it was like a wildfire burning through a drought parched forest. January 2022 is not January 2020. Hybrid immunity to current and variants of SARS 2 is robust and if there are local breakouts in the future, we have the tools to cope with them.

It is time to stop counting new cases and wide spread use of COVID Dashboards that raise the fear level inappropriately and recognize the pandemic is on a path to and will soon reach an endemic stage. That should be the messaging we're hearing along with local governments noting that police, fire and hospital services ARE available if not suffering from the same kind of absenteeism that cold and the flu produces in the winter months. The reduction in time to isolate for new cases is one of the few smart things the CDC has done but they still continue to make stupid recommendations like, "don't go on cruise ships." That is a preposterous position to stake out without an iota of evidence that cruise ships are vehicles of COVID transmission. They are not. Stop the fear mongering. We'll be fine. Carry on.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Fauci expressed concern during multiple appearances on Sunday's news shows that Omicron related absenteeism will disrupt essential services and the normal functioning of society. That's only partly true. What is really disrupting the normal functioning of society is the confusion over the real risk of SARS Cov-2 the federal government via the CDC has sowed from the beginning of this shit storm.
        It's nice that Dr. Fauci is expressing concern about something that they rest of us figured out a little less than two years ago. I was watching the today show this morning with my wife and they are still taking about "how to keep your children safe" and what schools are doing or should do to stop the spread of the virus (as if that's actually possible). We're almost two years into this bullshit with now end in sight. It will end no sooner than when people vote for a regime change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

It's nice that Dr. Fauci is expressing concern about something that the rest of us figured out a little less than two years ago. I was watching the today show this morning with my wife and they are still talking about "how to keep your children safe" and what schools are doing or should do to stop the spread of the virus (as if that's actually possible). We're almost two years into this bullshit with no end in sight. It will end no sooner than when people vote for a regime change.
          News today that a Belgian-crewed Antarctica research station has about 2/3 of its staff down with covid. All fully vaccinated, and quarantined prior to going to the station. They did go from Belgium to S. Africa before going to Antarctica. Evidently, they caught Omicron in SA.

Comment

• Those Belgians probably made the same mistake as the Norwegians and started snooping around that spaceship that they found frozen in the ice down there.

Comment

• Good move on the part of Donnie Jr. to put a ring on Kimberly Guilfoyle. Spouses can't be compelled to testify against each other

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Comment

• This is the same district judge who ruled Obamacare unconstitutional, FWIW

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 3, 2022, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Everyone will be pleased to know that I have managed to survive for three (3) days since being rejected for sex by AOC.

Its hard to live with rejection, .. but I'll find a way to manage.

Thank you all for caring.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      The EU, in a stunning move of, ummm, competence, seems like they're going to denote both nuclear and gas energy as "green" for purposes of whatever god-forsaken regulations they enforce in that area. Personally, I believe I'll know "greens" are actually serious when they start focusing on realistic solutions. Focusing on nuclear and gas in lieu of, say, coal is certainly way more realistic than windmills and solar panels.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 4E83CCA7-3F9F-40B3-A20C-88B43F166E6D.jpeg

Comment

• Nobody seems to give a shit that Omicron is causing a huge increase in new COVID cases globally with the US looking like it's leading the way. That is because most intelligent people have done their own personal risk assessments and returned to their normal routines the best they can. This is in the face of the most emphasis on hospital admissions as a measure of disease impact as I have seen from the MSM. Why is this? It is because scary one liners can emerge that are technically meaningless - like ICU bed utilization has increased 30%. Is that from 3 to 4 or from 300 to 390 - whihc also isn't a lot. Headlines are being filled with these percentage increases. Wildly misleading so, everyone is fearful and holding back.

What's holding us back from a return to near normal is stupidly continuing work from home directives ordered by co-towing woke corporate execs, stupidly mandating boarder crossing restrictions and mask mandates, stupidly closing schools ...... the list - the stupid list I'm going to start calling it - that I can conclusively demonstrate does very little good compared to the enormous social and economic costs.

TBH, fuck the greater good argument. In this matter, I have become an advocate of personal choice and if given the time I can probably prove that will work just as good as any mandate you might want to impose, including vaccinations. Regarding vaccine mandates - the courts don't like them it seems, or at least federal judges are split on this. Moreover, we are going to get about as close as we are going to get to a decent state of hybrid-immunity in about 3-4 weeks here in the US, already there some places globally.

The current approach is flawed if not seriously so. It is politically and not scientifically driven or it fails to honestly evaluate the costs of a mitgation measure or a collection of them compared to the benefits - especially long term.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 'Historic' 346 officers shot in line of duty in 2021: National Fraternal Order of Police

'Ambush-style attacks' against officers were up 115% in 2021 compared to 2020

Man, that's strange. I wonder why.

A "historic" 346 police officers were shot in the line of duty in 2021 — 63 of whom were killed, according to the National Fraternal Order of Police, which represents more than 346,000 U.S. law enforcement officers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              'Historic' 346 officers shot in line of duty in 2021: National Fraternal Order of Police

'Ambush-style attacks' against officers were up 115% in 2021 compared to 2020

Man, that's strange. I wonder why.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/officers-...e-of-duty-2021
                              Total mystery.

Comment

• Didn't realize the dumbest man in the Senate had become a Christian Scientist

Comment

Working...
                                X