Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    Was so obviously fake from the beginning. Well, obvious to us. The NPCs of the world still fall for this stuff, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      This should have been part of my post up thread on vaccinating the two age cohorts - under 12 and 12-16 - where there is question about risk v. benefit but no one that I'm reading doubts that vaccinating kids 12-16 produces benefits that outweigh any risks.

A good number of countries I'm reading about, rather than abandoning the policy of not vaccinating these two age groups but are recommending just one dose of the Pfizer vaccine for 12-16. I've not read them but apparently, in studies conducted on a single dose regimen when antibodies are measured by more thorough and specific serology both adaptive and humeral defenses are high enough in vitro to prevent growth of the SARS2 virus. NB: In vitro studies (in the lab) are a lot different than in vivo so, this is no slam dunk for one dose will do it. It's an indicator of uncertain value at this point. That does not mean the press won't headline this stuff though. Have a critical eye.
      "no one that I'm reading doubts that vaccinating kids 12-16 produces benefits that outweigh any risks."

They still don't know enough about heart problems for kids brought on by the vaccines, especially considering young people this is basically a cold. Pfizer has sent thousands of blood samples to independent labs to test to see what extent their vaccine is causing heart problems in kids and young adults. To me, this looks like medical malpractice tbh

data from the CDC as of 10/6, of the group 0-17, a total of 499 deaths in the US since the start of Covid-19.

I am willing to bet there were more 17 and younger that have been shot in Chicago since the start of Covid, but I don't have those numbers readily at hand.

certainly more 17 and younger have died of pneumonia since then (1010)

something like 12 million kids aged 12-16 in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

While that may be true, your meeting of import is probably not with the rank and file at the actual border. Rather, your meeting would be with the federal policy makers in DC.
        I agree a photo opp is worthless.

Thus, the national guard troops...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          The anti-masker parents at school board meetings are now domestic terrorists..

parents-versus-school-board-stonetoss-comic.png?fit=1000%2C500.png
          insane

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I agree a photo opp is worthless.

Thus, the national guard troops...
            Unless the Governor of Texas or some other border state requested them, sending the Idaho National Guard is ridiculous. Even moreso as Lt. Gov.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Was so obviously fake from the beginning. Well, obvious to us. The NPCs of the world still fall for this stuff, unfortunately.
              That picture bears an uncanny resemblance to the Joker- especially the Nicholson version- from Batman. Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

• NpcPB9Yg.png

Comment

• I suppose the debt ceiling issue is going to get kicked down the road another couple of months. McConnell agreed to allow the Dems to raise the debt ceiling through some kind of abridged reconciliation process and I don't know what that means. Anyway, this allows Congress to focus on the two other bills in front of them. The infrastructure bill, favored by 80% of Americans, would pass quickly if the progs (and Biden, succumbing to their demands) weren't holding it up until there's agreement that both reach the president's desk at the same time (dumb but no surprise). I personally favor this bill.

The give free shit away bill is being held up by Manchin and Sinema over the price tag. It may take longer which will stupidly delay the infrastructure bill. Anyway, the debt ceiling being lifted imminently and a good jobs report is pushing the market up (> 500 pts) this morning (its late in the afternoon in sunny and cool Lausanne Switzerland) and all the EU and Asian markets were also up today.

I don't think I have ever seen the wild price swings in the markets of this magnitude over the last two weeks. Insane. None of it makes sense given what I see as economic realty. With all the spending and future tax hikes to pay for it, neither of those good for the economy, it's hard to understand what driving share prices. It can't be fundamental underlying business principals. When the fed raises interest rates, markets will likely plummet. That's going to be a tough pill to swallow.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Maybe Biden will appoint Trump as special bootlicking envoy to Russia and get to the bottom of these cyber attacks.

Microsoft says Russia once again accounted for most state-sponsored hacking, with a 58% share of intrusion attempts it detected in the past year.

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• FFS, has anyone watched or listened to some of these confirmation hearings for various Biden nominees? Not only are these people absolute leftists cooks, they are clearly not very bright and can't even summon coherent responses to tough questions. IOW, they can't even obscure their leftist ideology. When someone tells you who they are, believe them.

It cannot be stressed enough how important the administrative state is. These are the folks who are tasked with drafting and implementing the regulations that arise from legislation and executive orders. This is how things like Title IX get weaponized to take away due process.

Comment

• I believe them to be kooks, not cooks. :^)

Its good that they have to go through a GOP heavy Senate hearing. It should keep the real loons out of gov't by exposing who they really are. Problem is, Biden could pull a Trump and just name "acting" positions to avoid confirmation hearings. Unfortunately, you also have to factor in Moscow Mitch - and we all know how unbiased and thoughtful that asshole is.

Comment

• And in important AlabamAlum news.....

Comment

• Very cool. Been there.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Was it illegal because the recipe was stolen from the legendary John Jameson?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X