Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

One thing is crystal... nobody would defend him if he nuked China.

I know that. You know that.

What a stupid INSANE notion people thought that is who Trump is... a mass murderer on the scale of hundreds of millions of innocent human beings.

People lost their sanity over Trump.
    The idea that he would launch an attack on China is absurd. I don’t think Milley is stupid enough to commit treason in a room full of people either. Re: his Jan. 8 call with the Chinese, it's been floated around that he was assuring them that, despite the scenes of chaos in Washington, we were still functioning as normal so don't get any crazy ideas.

Of course, if Woodward's depiction of events is true, then fuck Milley. He can rot. I don't think he's worthy of the position he holds for other reasons but I'm willing to hold out for more information before I brand him a traitor.

Edit: I just saw Jeff's post above who articulated my point better. Lot's of gray area and I guarantee you we don't know the full story, only the juicy bits that get picked up by news outlets to provide free publicity for the authors.
    Last edited by Mike; September 16, 2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, there's no real credible way to think the PDJT was going to launch an attack on China. That's sheer insanity. You literally need to discard all rational thought and evidence and go with..."but, but, but, TRUMP!!!!"

There's also almost no way that Woodward is playing it straight. He's garbage. He was garbage when he was doing "tell-all" bullshit about DJT. He's garbage now. At least I'm consistent on that fact. God knows if this were 2016 that a lot of folks in this room would be apoplectic. How do I know? They fucking WERE.

But, if what Woodward writes is the actual reality, then there's really no excusing Milley. That's some real bullshit.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Attached Files
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Benedict was just defending Mother England...doncha know...he's a hero...General Washington be damned...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Had a good belly laugh at this story
            Michigan state Rep. Jewell Jones faced additional felony charges Wednesday after the Democrat allegedly was found in possession of a handcuff key after he was arrested Tuesday due to his bond being revoked from a prior arrest.

Comment

• COVID news: So this is where we are. Singapore is experiencing it's highest number of new SARS2 infections ever (783). Because of Singapore's history of successfully dealing with SARS2 (they pursued an eradication strategy and were apparently successful doing that) researchers are "watching this rise in new case numbers closely."

The government is considering re-imposing various mitigation measures. Moreover, lets not forget that demonstrably metrics use to gauge COVID disease impact are seriously flawed. We know this, yet governments continue to use them to shape public health policy.

Let's unpack this. There are 1.9m residents of Singapore. 783 new cases represents a 0.04 rate of infection or 4.1 new cases per 10K resident. Even drawing conclusions from flawed data, most epidemiologist and virologists would conclude the virus is controlled and entirely manageable in Singapore. But, nope Singapore's government is "very concerned about this."

It's absurd and it is where we are right not. Singapore in pursuit of zero COVID cases - an untenable strategy to begin with - is reflective, in of how global governments are outsizing COVID risks and imposing PH measures that simply can't be justified. The impact on public confidence and the global economy of taking new or re-imposed mitigation measures is far greater than the impact of COVID, its actual and direct impact increasingly becoming smaller day-by-day.

If governments stepped back and focused on regionally managing what is almost certainly an epidemic at this point, the human race would be much better off. The current approach is strangling it.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Boosters ....... Pfizer is in the lead on these. The link below will take you to the document, prepared by Pfizer that the VACCINES AND RELATED BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE and ultimately the FDA will either recommend or postpone Pfizer boosters. The vaccines advisory committee - an independent entity from the FDA, will meet tomorrow. Recommendations will be submitted to the FDA.

I've read the entire document. I'd recommend you read the Executive Summary and the risks/benefits section. Study design is solid and results demonstrate that the benefits of a booster outweigh any risk. It is reported that immunity to the wild type (the original SARS2) and all variants results in protection from serious illness/death 94% of the time but decreases to 77.4% % after 6 months of the 2nd dose.

Administration of a third dose (booster) produced a robust seroresponse (measured by the presence of neutralizing antibodies) resulting in 98% effectiveness (7d after booster administration) and 99.5% effectiveness 1 month later.

Keep in mind that these effectiveness rates are for serious illness or death. However, the higher you get those rates, the higher the effectiveness rates are for spread. We want this for the very reason I've been harping on for the last 2 months. Get new case numbers down - the metric, regardless of its many faults, governments are using to restrict mobility, travel and social contact.

I can't stress this enough. The hoops we have to jump though to travel due to the many and varied restrictions to entry imposed by most counties is killing the global economy. It's not just the travel and leisure sector. Every sector of the global economy is affected by these in one way or the other.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Pocket aces. Third ace on the River. Full house on 4th street. Aces over queens. Opponent had quad deuces on the call. I hate poker.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I try to read the updates on the J&J booster, but it seems to be the red-headed stepchild in all the vaccine talk. All of us (me, my wife and my son) all got the J&J, and we would really like to know what we need to do. I've seen reports that say anything from "J&J people should get Moderna, .. or .. J&J people need to get Phizer... or even J&J people need to stand pat". One report I read yesterday said that J&J may be to vaccines what Aspirin is to heart disease. It may be a simple, and effective way to battle the pandemic. Its not a cure, but it seems to be a bit better than advertised.

So, for us, we're going to stand pat until our doctor advises us otherwise. I think that's probably the best way to go.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Attached Files
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• At the very least, Milley was sucking up to his Chinese counterpart.

And I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea that "I'll let you know if our nukes are about to be fired, so that you can shoot yours at us first".

Doesn't sound like a great strategy to me.

Comment

• 116341041_10223155187452614_2315655218432877042_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Rw6jYzLugEsAX_oPqU1&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=8bb036752427e3fafa8f6e676216c9e7&oe=616798D1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            At the very least, Milley was sucking up to his Chinese counterpart.

And I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea that "I'll let you know if our nukes are about to be fired, so that you can shoot yours at us first".

Doesn't sound like a great strategy to me.
                            it's no wonder why we don't win wars anymore. Apparently, according to the WH, it's just all part of "normal communications".

Comment

• O6WIyDSg.jpg

Comment

• I see that The Media is indirectly admitting, yet again, that Governor DeSantis was correct: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...ibody-therapy/

This time it has to do with his promotion of Regeneron, for which he was castigated mere months ago. Now supply is limited and the Chairman himself is trying to ensure that the US has adequate stocks.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X