No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw that yesterday but I only had a Fox News link, which as we all know, only publishes lies.

So I wonder what the requirements for graduation will be? Gangsta Rap 101?
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Critical Race Theory and Antifa History
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        Critical Race Theory and Antifa History
        The Howard Zinn version of American History.

Comment

• Re COVID numbers as a measure of disease impact.......DeSantis is getting hammered by the press. Turns out that after FL DOH, stopped reporting new daily COVID cases, the CDC didn't. The numbers they were reporting were in error and corrected yesterday ...... downwards, way down. There still hi but WTF. You simply cannot rely on the data being reported.

I wrote yesterday about leading metrics that more closely reflect actual impact like ecominc indicators - employment, GDP, and so forth.

TBC, I'm not dismissing the impact of COVID but on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd assess it at a 4, while governments, PH and media outlets controlled by liberals rate it at a 9, climbing to 10. It's utterly absurd.

DeSantis is going to get shouted down for standing up for self determination by these people who have no clue about the risks to that bedrock principal of the American republic. COVID isn't as frightening to me as it being used as a club to impose increasing levels of control over the citizenry.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Re COVID numbers as a measure of disease impact.......DeSantis is getting hammered by the press. Turns out that after FL DOH, stopped reporting new daily COVID cases, the CDC didn't. The numbers they were reporting were in error and corrected yesterday ...... downwards, way down. There still hi but WTF. You simply cannot rely on the data being reported.

I wrote yesterday about leading metrics that more closely reflect actual impact like ecominc indicators - employment, GDP, and so forth.

TBC, I'm not dismissing the impact of COVID but on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd assess it at a 4, while governments, PH and media outlets controlled by liberals rate it at a 9, climbing to 10. It's utterly absurd.

DeSantis is going to get shouted down for standing up for self determination by these people who have no clue about the risks to that bedrock principal of the American republic. COVID isn't as frightening to me as it being used as a club to impose increasing levels of control over the citizenry.
            The final variant is communism.

Comment

• Democrats going full circle here

XICkB28K.jpg

Comment

• Can you imagine a mostly white elementary school principal OR school board in Mississippi taking all the AA kids and putting them in separate (but equal) classrooms to "tend to their specific needs"?

Am I wrong to assume that this is what MLK was opposed to?

Did I miss something along the way?
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  Can you imagine a mostly white elementary school principal OR school board in Mississippi taking all the AA kids and putting them in separate (but equal) classrooms to "tend to their specific needs"?

Am I wrong to assume that this is what MLK was opposed to?

Did I miss something along the way?
                  He was also pretty big on not judging people based on immutable characteristics. He would not fit in well with today's Democrat party for sure.

Comment

• I know the death rate for those hospitalized will be much lower than in spring or summer of 2020 but this still isn't good. Every hospital bed filled has a cost to society whether its the taxpayers, an insurance pool, or just the individual.

Covid hospitalizations in Florida are are now at a record high. On top of that, the total percentage of Florida's population currently in the hospital is now slightly higher than New York on its worst day of the entire pandemic.

Needless to say it's almost entirely unvaccinated people

E8inMTNXMAATyzN?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• The former US Attorney in Atlanta, a Republican and Trump appointee, testified before the Senate Judicial Committee today about his abrupt resignation on Jan 4. He told them he had always planned to resign on Inauguration Day but moved that up after being told by his superiors that Trump planned to fire him because he would not publicly support the election fraud bullshit and declare Georgia's election "stolen".

Byung J. Pak, who resigned abruptly on Jan. 4, told senators on Wednesday that he had done so after learning that the president planned to fire him, according to a person familiar with his testimony.

Comment

• Federal judge will allow Dominion's defamation lawsuits against Giuliani, Sydney Powell, Mike Lindell, and others to proceed. They had all attempted to get the lawsuits dismissed. Sidney Powell's lawyer attempted to spin this by being excited to get their day in court. If you wanted "your day in court" you wouldn't have been desperately trying to get the suit tossed in the first place.

In a written decision, Nichols said that Powell and Lindell made their claims “knowing that they were false or with reckless disregard for the truth.”

“A reasonable juror” could conclude that Powell did not have a video of Dominion’s founder saying that “he can change a million votes, no problem at all," as she had claimed, the judge wrote.Nichols also wrote that a sensible juror could conclude that Lindell’s insistence on “the existence of a vast international conspiracy that is ignored by the government but proven by a spreadsheet on an internet blog is so inherently improbable that only a reckless man would believe it,” referencing Lindell’s assertion that a spreadsheet he tweeted out as proof of Trump’s victory was evidence.

Comment

• Mike Lindell's own top cyber expert turns against him and says the data "irrefutably proving" China hacked the election is illegitimate. This in the midst of Lindell's much-ballyhooed "Cyber Symposium" in exotic Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Lindell has retracted his offer of $5M to anyone who could disprove his claims. The guy who provided Lindell with the definitive data, Dennis Montgomery, had a mysterious "stroke" on the eve of the convention and could not attend. He's also been at the center of several other conspiracy theories in the past that never panned out.

And this is from a Trump-friendly news source.

Kind of a bummer this coming just 2 days before Reinstatement Day.

The cyber expert on the “red team” hired by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell now says the key data underpinning the theory that China hacked the 2020 election unveiled at the Cyber Symposium is illegitimate.

Comment

• Find yourself someone who loves you as much as Buchanan loves Desantis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              I know the death rate for those hospitalized will be much lower than in spring or summer of 2020 but this still isn't good. Every hospital bed filled has a cost to society whether its the taxpayers, an insurance pool, or just the individual.

Covid hospitalizations in Florida are are now at a record high. On top of that, the total percentage of Florida's population currently in the hospital is now slightly higher than New York on its worst day of the entire pandemic.

Needless to say it's almost entirely unvaccinated people

E8inMTNXMAATyzN?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
                              And Florida’s vaccination rate isn’t particularly low. Like 50%, which I think is pretty average. So, it’s not exactly a clear cause and effect.

I reiterate—if you don’t want to get vaccinated then enjoy COVID. Fuck if I care.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I hesitate to say this is interesting but everything about Florida has been perfectly average since the start of the pandemic. It's nowhere near as bad as the critics say and it's nowhere near as great as those who love DeSantis say. It always seems to be ranked somewhere between #20 and #30 in terms of any statistic you might trot out.

I think we're pretty lucky we weren't dealing with a virus as contagious as Delta last summer and I hope this is the last real wave.

Comment

Working...
                                X