No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I don't think it's a "solution" any more in the US. The high risk folks are by and large vaccinated. The low risk folks, ifi they choose not to get vaccinated for whatever reason, are extremely unlikely to need some sort of miracle drug. So, we're pretty much good. But, eh -- if you're India or Brazil or some place where it's still running rampant and you're in a high risk group and end up in hospital I'd be inclined to take whatever...ritonavir first, probably. I doubt I'd get to ivermectin, but if Covid is running rampant then it's all hands on deck.

As noted, fortunately in the US that time is well-passed.
    Last edited by iam416; June 3, 2021, 07:37 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Biden promises to send extra vaccine doses to other countries in beginning of May -- starting in May and into June. Here we are and Biden now promoises to have a plan to distribute the vaccines globally within a few weeks. Eh, time isn't really of the essence with this thing. https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...tm_term=second

These are the people who want more and more control of everything. JFC.
      I've read a few articles on the issue of wildly uncontrolled SARS2 transmission in what is becoming called the global south. Appropriately, IMO, some Latin American Countries, e.g., Uruguay, have abandoned any attempt at mitigation measures. Everything is open and that is because, after trying lock downs, the social and economic costs are too high and compromised by laborers that have to work. IOW, they don't work.

Not unexpectedly, regions with a ton of COVID naïve people are getting hammered. That's what happens as herd immunity is built. Admittedly the costs of that in terms of death are staggering. Why are death rates so high? Part of it is due to, well, governments don't have any money and have failed to invest in health care infrastructure. There aren't enough medical resources to save people. As tragic as that is, I'm somewhat ambivalent about bailing their asses out. Of course the progressive left is all about that and making a big deal about vaccine inequity. Who's fault is that.

OK, that sounds harsh but rich nations throwing money at the problem isn't a solution. Throwing excess vaccines at them? Building out production capacity at existing vaccine production sites? That's a different story. An article in the NYTs this morning suggested a "Marshall Plan." This take is a lot like the ideas in the NRO piece. Dunno. Is there infrastructure in place to make sure millions of doses don't get wasted out of sheer lack of it or corruption? I think that is a consideration for the Biden administration. The WHO's COVAX program? Nobody with the resources to help trust those fucks.

My approach would be to send medical battalions on missions to inoculate populations. That would be a significant undertaking but could be accomplished through one of the many treaty organizations (not the UN!!!) where western militaries contribute to the effort. Russia and China would jump all over this by doing the same. Anyway, it's a problem that if left to fester is going to potentially produce some shitty outcomes over the short term.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm not sure the NRO was suggesting a Marshall Plan approach. In any event, one would think this is exactly the type of thing the UN should handle. And, of course, one would think, correctly, this is exactly the type of thing the US would handle much better. If we are so inclined.

Comment

• Becoming a broken record on this but FoxNews went apeshit (rightfully so) when it was discovered the Obama DOJ had spied on their reporter James Rosen. A bunch of the MSM backed Fox up.

This story now indicates 4 reporters at the NY Times were being spied on by the Trump DOJ. Previously was revealed that 3 Washington Post reporters and 1 CNN reporter were being spied on as well.

Comment

• 37212194-9084765-image-m-22_1608783284315.jpg

Comment

• Problem is, every country in the world, including the US, is scared to death of China. Even the Russians wouldn't want to take them on. In a conventional war, the Chinese could send upwards of 2 million personnel into battle. Nobody in the world can match that. Even the Russians only have about a million active personnel. Nobody wants to tangle with the Chinese.

Eventually, someone is going to have to stand up to this bully, or give in to them. The US doesn't have the guts to do it right now.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This appeared on the Fox website so its probably BS ... but the article says that USSC Justices Gorsuch, Barrett and Kavanaugh SIDED WITH THE LIBERALS ON THE COURT in a computer fraud case. Ye gads ... conservative justices siding with liberals? I was told that is impossible.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bar...ter-fraud-case

When do the impeachment hearings begin to recall Kavanaugh and Barrett? We were promised that they were going to be impeached.

Maybe the plan is to pack the Court instead of impeach ...

Comment

• If Maggie Haberman is wrong about Trump expecting to be "reinstated" in August, then Charles Cooke at National Review is wrong too. He says he has independently verified everything she said and that various people have told him Trump genuinely believes it and even believes Martha McSally and David Perdue will be reinstated as well.

Donald Trump really does believe that he, along with two former GOP senators, will be ‘reinstated’ to office this summer.

Comment

• Who the F cares? Do DJT’s beliefs matter any more? I thought he lost.

I keep thinking that sooner or later Ds will have to defend Chairman Joe instead of blathering about DJT, but I may be wrong. There is, I think, no limit to the DJT obsession.

Comment

• I fucking care. About a third of the fucking country believes the bullshit the jackass says and would vote for him tomorrow if they could. He is still a huge threat to our country and until MAGA is actually a thing of the past, he will remain so.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think the point is, the newly elected leadership needs to take the bull by the horns, and lead the country. Right or wrong, stop worrying about what the defeated foe has to say, and get on with business. Barack Obama flipped off both John McCain and Mitt Romney after he won, and pursued his agenda. He didn't give a squat what they thought. Joe Biden and Giggles Harris need to do the same. That is unless they know that their election was actually a fraud, and they don't deserve to be there in the first place. But, I have total assurances from those on the left in here, that this did not happen.

So, get on with it. Lead, or get out of the way.

For the last 2-3 years, I said that the people, via elections, would pass judgement on DJT. It appears that they did, .. by the tune of 83 million votes. I wonder what Barack Obama thinks about Joe Biden and Giggles beating his vote total by more than 13 million votes. Amazing. I guess Joe is better liked than Barack.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          I fucking care. About a third of the fucking country believes the bullshit the jackass says and would vote for him tomorrow if they could. He is still a huge threat to our country and until MAGA is actually a thing of the past, he will remain so.
                          America First will not be a thing of the past, despite the Democrats efforts.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            I think the point is, the newly elected leadership needs to take the bull by the horns, and lead the country. Right or wrong, stop worrying about what the defeated foe has to say, and get on with business. Barack Obama flipped off both John McCain and Mitt Romney after he won, and pursued his agenda. He didn't give a squat what they thought. Joe Biden and Giggles Harris need to do the same. That is unless they know that their election was actually a fraud, and they don't deserve to be there in the first place. But, I have total assurances from those on the left in here, that this did not happen.

So, get on with it. Lead, or get out of the way.

For the last 2-3 years, I said that the people, via elections, would pass judgement on DJT. It appears that they did, .. by the tune of 83 million votes. I wonder what Barack Obama thinks about Joe Biden and Giggles beating his vote total by more than 13 million votes. Amazing. I guess Joe is better liked than Barack.
                            No. Trump was worse than Mitt

People understood what was at stake and came out to vote despite the Republicans trying their best to stop them
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Yep. America First!

C2qCLKKXEAA2_oy.jpg

Comment

• I guess the Prog obsession with DJT will last until he dies and probably well past that, I guess that’s easier than defending Chairman Joe. I have my answer. I’m a little surprised DSL is following the trail, but otherwise I already knew the answer.

Meanwhile we have a President laughably referring to early voting rules as Jim Crow on Steroids and laughably referring to some sort of fictional present day “white supremacy.” And, lol — it’s the Rs fighting the culture wars.
                                Last edited by iam416; June 3, 2021, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X