Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    If Honest Joe's infrastructure bill contains $1 towards "real infrastructure" that will be more than any Infrastructure Bill the Republican Party passed in 2017-2018, when they had total control of govt. They were too busy giving big corporations like Disney and Amazon enormous tax cuts to concern themselves with an infrastructure bill, despite announcing that one was 'imminent" approximately 35 times. That worked out well. Thanks, Don and Paul Ryan!!!
    At least you don't have the temerity to dispute anything I said as true. Daycare (amongst a gaggle of things)=infrastructure; energy infrastructure =/= infrastructure.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Charles Cooke lambasting the idiocy of the Covid Relief "helicopter money" approach -- he's not alone, of course -- even Ds were dubious of soooooooo much money when it's clear the recovery is coming -- well, assuming we do no harm.

Comment

• We already know Chairman Joe has shutdown The Media from reporting on anything about the Border Not A Crisis. That's textbook, well, President Xi.

Now we learn that the White House is exercising editorial control of The Media -- from POLITICO of all places: https://www.politico.com/newsletters...pproval-492792

Now, to be fair, the article suggests The Media isn't happy about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

The NRO excoriates the CDC's "less than 10%" bullshit: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...an-10-percent/

It's probably closer to 0.1% which, technically, is less than 10%. But, to paraphrase from the article, that's a little like saying your chances of dying in a car wreck are less than 25%. Technically true. Grossly misleading.
          Besides the obvious application of sensibility against the absurd, the use of a picture taken in Battersea Park was pretty amusing. It's probably not too coincidental that the lasting image of that place for most non locals is one where a pig flies over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            I don't have a problem with real infrastructure issues being addressed and funded. The power grid, other utilities, roads, railways, bridges, tunnels, etc., all need to be modernized. But "fighting racism" and babysitting is not infrastructure. Chairman Joe is spending money like the old joke, "I can't be overdrawn on my checking account .. I still have checks".

And just for fun, on "GMA" this morning, a transgender was gushing about Broadway being reopened soon, and how happy he/she/it was that 10-11-12 year old children were coming up to "it" and "opening up on how they want to be transgender".

When I was that age, my biggest daily concern was deciding where I wanted to ride my bike that day.

Is this what Walt Disney had in mind for his future companies? ABC/Disney/ESPN as the arbiters of sexuality.
            the real concerns of the left... the sexuality of children.

sick fucks.

Comment

• It's amazing that that line of thinking has been wholly embraced by the mainstream in such a short amount of time. Also, alarming, appalling, and a bunch of other shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                I wonder if the coastal Woke Overlords are secretly happy that gasoline is unavailable in the East. Never let a crisis go to waste.
                Seems like a manufactured crisis to me. The pipeline is designed to be mechanically overridden in the event that a fan, blower, pressure release, valve or pump stops responding to the computer.

Comment

• George Soros did it

The pipeline's expected to be back online (fully) by the end of the week.

Comment

• I realize this is from Fox News, so its automatically bullshit, but stuff like this is all on Chairman Joe. He threw open the door at his Inauguration, and this is the result. What parent(s) would do this to their children? Even Cuban parents or Haitian parents don't put their children alone on a raft and point it toward the US. But parents in Mexico and Central America do this?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-cr...doned-in-texas

Where are AOC's "tears" today? She went to the border and "cried" because she "saw people drinking from toilets". Yet she won't be able to scrape up one iota of compassion for these little girls that were left to die by human traffickers, out to make a buck. I guess it just depends on who's President. Selective outrage, and all that.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

Seems like a manufactured crisis to me. The pipeline is designed to be mechanically overridden in the event that a fan, blower, pressure release, valve or pump stops responding to the computer.
                      Its an excuse to raise gas prices. Democrats cannot stand it when consumer prices are low. Their pals like Soros and Gates lose money when prices are low.

Comment

I realize this is from Fox News, so its automatically bullshit, but stuff like this is all on Chairman Joe. He threw open the door at his Inauguration, and this is the result. What parent(s) would do this to their children? Even Cuban parents or Haitian parents don't put their children alone on a raft and point it toward the US. But parents in Mexico and Central America do this?

Where are AOC's "tears" today? She went to the border and "cried" because she "saw people drinking from toilets". Yet she won't be able to scrape up one iota of compassion for these little girls that were left to die by human traffickers, out to make a buck. I guess it just depends on who's President. Selective outrage, and all that.

MTG thinks they were left there by Jewish Space Aliens, Matt Gaets wants to date them, and Lorena Bobbitt wants to hunt them.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I realize this is from Fox News, so its automatically bullshit, but stuff like this is all on Chairman Joe. He threw open the door at his Inauguration, and this is the result. What parent(s) would do this to their children? Even Cuban parents or Haitian parents don't put their children alone on a raft and point it toward the US. But parents in Mexico and Central America do this?

So true

Comment

• Will gas prices fall below the upwards of $3+/gal by next Monday? Probably not. Fuel reserves in all it's makes and models were high before last Friday's revelations. Colonial Pipe Line spokespersons seemed to me to be pretty honest about the hack and that it was unlikely to affect fuel supplies.

From that point onward, the press was all over the "crisis," painting it as an example of the terrorizing risks to America's critical infrastructure to cyber attacks and hackers demanding ransom. Why do you suppose that is?

Responsible journalists have always characterized a free press as a necessary component in democracies for obvious reasons. What slowly eroded the presses usefulness and believability, say, 40 or so years ago, has dramatically accelerated in the last 20y with the increased availability and use of the internet and all types of media platforms that live there.

The biggest problem these days is the utilization of the media (that term broadly applied) as Joseph Goebel levels of propaganda tools with technical capabilities to spread it that Goebels could never imagine. We've talked about this here. It's not accidental misinformation or lazy journalists. It is a highly adapted and well designed apparatus of systematic alternate realty creation to serve the purposes of organizations doing this.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

MTG thinks they were left there by Jewish Space Aliens, Matt Gaets wants to date them, and Lorena Bobbitt wants to hunt them.
                              F--- them, right? I see your compassion is on the same level with AOC's.

Not surprising.

Kamala was put in charge of this situation. She hasn't been to the border, and has not announced any intention of going to the border. She hasn't even held a news conference about how she plans to go about handling the situation.

But f--- those kids. Right?

All that matters is the orange man isn't President anymore.

Comment

F--- them, right? I see your compassion is on the same level with AOC's.

Not surprising.

Kamala was put in charge of this situation. She hasn't been to the border, and has not announced any intention of going to the border. She hasn't even held a news conference about how she plans to go about handling the situation.

But f--- those kids. Right?

All that matters is the orange man isn't President anymore.
                                Not at all.

Your disdain of anything AOC is amazing, especially when you have three nut jobs that represent the views of your party.

But carry on with you faux outrage. It is your MOA and that of Republicans in general.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X