No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He’s toast but there is already grounds for appeal. Can he be convicted and released pending appeal today? That would be a crazy scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Jury's done. Verdict coming the next hour or so
      Let the mayhem begin. Either way. Never waste a good excuse to be lawless.

IMO, this is a guilty verdict, but that will still not satisfy BLM/Antifa/CBS/MSNBC/ABC/Disney/ESPN/MLB/NFL/NBA and LeBron/ et al.

Which store burns first?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
        My question is what "religious belief" supports not vaccinating your child, not what religious group condones such nonsense.
        Faith healingers and scientologists.

I'm of the mind that there is no religious belief that rationally supports wasting a minute of my Sunday in any sort of house of worship. However, I do think at least those two religions would be anti-vaxxers. Probably the malodorous Amish, too. And I'm sure there's more.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, the Amish don't vaccinate. But they CAN travel to the Philippines and catch the measles!!!!

Comment

• There won't be riots if he's found guilty on the more severe charges. Deep down, Antifa/BLM know that they have to keep their leverage against future juries.
            Last edited by Hannibal; April 20, 2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Any betting markets out there for the Chauvin verdict? Predictit doesn't have one.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                My question is what "religious belief" supports not vaccinating your child, not what religious group condones such nonsense.
                There are many. I can't give you a totally inclusive list, but there are many of the more strict evangelical groups that don't believe in vaccinations, blood transfusions, etc. As I said previously, my parents later softened their views and had my younger brothers and my niece vaccinated before they started school. I did the same with my kids.

Comment

• A better question to ask, IMHO, is not whether there will be riots tonight, but whether there will be a massive BlueFlu in the coming days.

Comment

• The Court can grant bail even with a conviction but is highly unlikely. Courts usually grant bail when they know they will not be imposing jail time.

Comment

• If the jury had been hung on any of the charges, would they not have to first report that to the judge? And he'd usually ask them to work a little bit longer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        If the jury had been hung on any of the charges, would they not have to first report that to the judge? And he'd usually ask them to work a little bit longer?
                        I believe that's correct. My guess is that they've agreed on a guilty verdict on one of the charges, and not guilty on the rest.

Comment

• I have to chuckle a little because the first talking head I saw on TV said an early verdict like this is always a bad sign for the defense. I swear I’ve heard that point contradicted more times than I can count.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I believe that's correct. My guess is that they've agreed on a guilty verdict on one of the charges, and not guilty on the rest.
                            I have a feeling they said fuck it, guilty across the board, let’s go bowling.

Comment

• Guilty on all counts is my prediction. No large scale riots. Street celebrations with scattered violence and burnings here and there, but no massive large scale violence.

Comment

• Agree with Hannibal.

Comment

Working...
                                X