No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This country has lost it's fucking mind.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Biden administration just made Scotch more affordable and more accessible. A triumph of diplomacy.

Thank you, President Biden! Cheers!

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Scottish whisky producers got pulled into Trump's trade war in 2019 as part of a 17-year-old trade dispute that had nothing to do with the famed cocktail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Expect them to milk the "right wing extremist" threat for every last ounce that they can.
        For sure. I really wish those idiots wouldn’t have handed the left wing so much free ammo. I was shocked to learn they still had troops at the Capitol. Now the Capitol Police are asking to extend the Guard two more months!

Comment

• Well, send the Virginia or Maryland National Guard to "guard" DC. Let the people from Michigan come home. After all, they are needed to "protect" Whitmer.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

For sure. I really wish those idiots wouldn’t have handed the left wing so much free ammo.
            Don't blame the Capitol rioters for anything other than delaying a vote by a few hours and endangering one of their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

For sure. I really wish those idiots wouldn’t have handed the left wing so much free ammo. I was shocked to learn they still had troops at the Capitol. Now the Capitol Police are asking to extend the Guard two more months!
              I have no idea why they feel they need them another 2 months.

To address some of what Liney said, Nancy Pelosi has no control over the National Guard and neither does the Capitol Police. The Guard could refuse the CP's request as far as I know if that's what Austin/Biden want. If Pelosi could tell even the DC Guard what to do, I'm pretty sure they would've gotten to the Capitol earlier than 5 PM on Jan 6. She doesn't even have direct control over the Capitol Police. They're run by a 3-person Board, two of which are the Sergeant-at-Arms of the House and the Senate. Does Pelosi hand-pick them? No. The entire House and entire Senate votes on them. Usually it's a very non-partisan process. The guy who was just forced to resign had been chosen way back in 2012 by unanimous vote. So she has some influence, sure, (as do McConnell/Schumer in the Senate) but she can't order the CP directly and she can't remove any member of the board without holding a full House vote. She has zero control over the DC Police or the National Guard.

Complaints about shitty food or sleeping on the ground should be directed to the Pentagon, the Army Secretary in particular.

Comment

• article-8125-1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Don't blame the Capitol rioters for anything other than delaying a vote by a few hours and endangering one of their own.
                  I’m not giving them a pass. That was some abhorrent shit and a lot of cops got scuffed up for just doing their jobs.

OTOH, it has been completely overblown in the sense that it was a “violent coup attempt”, etc. And as far as I know, the guy who was pictured sitting in Pelosi’s chair still hasn’t been granted bond because, apparently, he’s some terrorist mastermind.

Comment

• Timely that this is from last Friday before all the Dr. Seuss stuff.

Comment

• No attack today. I guess Antifa couldn't find enough Trumpster costumes...
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Complaints about shitty food or sleeping on the ground should be directed to the Pentagon, the Army Secretary in particular.
                        But definitely not the Commander in Chief, .. right?

And actually, the complaints about the rotgut food, and the terrible accommodations in DC have been one of very few things that has drawn bipartisan condemnation. But, I get it. In your world these people signed up for a tough life, so que sera sera.

In a rare sane moment for Gretch Whitmer, she said today that she's planning to order the Michigan NG contingent back home as soon as possible.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think Ebay will eventually regret what they've done and quietly backtrack, especially once they realize just how much "offensive" content is for sale on their site that's far worse and it's impossible to police. Definitely seems like a performative move.

FWIW I tried finding one of the books and right away found dozens of copies, most being offered at outrageous prices. So how hard are they trying to remove them all? Not sure.

Comment

• Comment

• I have one Seuss in my library, a 1st edition Green Eggs and Ham. Looking at favored rare book sites, the price of the 6 books in question have been pretty much unaffected, unlike Fleabay and other second hand sites. Matter of fact, there's been no impact on any Seuss' books. There are millions of copies of the 'dreaded 6' out there - there will be no shortage of those titles or any increase in value seen 90 days from now. Its a contrived non-issue. Snowflakes that whine "cancel culture" are targeted by grifters willing to relieve them of money. In the news but should be no surprise.

What has gone through the roof is a private printing of Seuss's wartime and advertising work, published in the late sixties. Something like a run of 500 copies. Jumped from a couple of hundred to over a thousand. Here is an ad for Flit bug spray and standard WWII work prejudiced against Japanese Americans.

These wouldn't cut the advertising mustard today, but it was acceptable back then. A lot of ado about nothing. But you should learn from past mistakes.

suess.jpg

_Seuss.jpg
                              Last edited by Ghengis Jon; March 5, 2021, 07:18 AM.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Only one COVID comment today: New COVID case numbers resume their decline while deaths and hospitalizations continue them.

Raising the big middle finger to Fauci and Walenski who simply can no longer hide from the positives of vaccine impact.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X