X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Why don’t you make like a tree and get the heck out of here?

Comment

Attached Files
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• News flash from Iran: The Coronavirus vaccine will turn you into a homosexual ...

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/ir...sexuals-658173

So, I guess I'll start shopping at Lane Bryant ...

These are the people that Joe Xiden and John Kerry demand that Israel make friends with...

The Iran has executed 4,000 to 6,000 homosexuals since the Islamic revolution in 1979

But hey, .. they're not Trump!!!!
          Last edited by lineygoblue; February 9, 2021, 12:18 AM.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            I would wager that the primary cause of the increased murder and crime rates is a direct result of the "defund the police" bull-shit and the predicable outcome of that stupidity. Dems are calling for accountability for the MAGA Putch but I haven't heard a single Democrat in a position to say something that intimates that Dem city officials who allowed burning and looting to happen should be held accountable for their actions or lack of them..... the list is long. Black leadership, community and public, in the cities where the rioting was the worst, is sorely missing. I have heard and read some leaders say what happened over the summer is wrong and we need the police but it is not nearly loud enough and more importantly not being reported by the liberal media.
            File that in the category of "Things that Most People Know To Be True, But are Smart Enough to Not Discuss In Social Forums"...

Comment

• I cannot believe any of this until it is fact checked...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                I

The best weapon against crime is JOBS and general prosperity through the economy.
                Not really. It's a short term factor but violent crime in the US over the long term hasn't correlated strongly with periods of depression and prosperity. Where we are now is a matter of perspective. We are better off WRT violent crime versus 1990, but we are worse off than we were in 1950.

The widespread demonization of law enforcement by the corporately-funded Burn Loot Murder movement is a huge factor in the spike in violent crimes. When you have cops across the country being charged with murder for the deaths of drug-addled suspects who violently resist arrest, the natural outcome is for law enforcement to not do their jobs anymore. Shitty cowardly mayors in places like Portland, Minneapolis, and Atlanta threw their cops under the bus and the massive spike in crimes is the only result that could be expected.
                Last edited by Hannibal; February 9, 2021, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• ...in other news...I thought Gary and Wyatt did a great Super Bowl halftime show...
                  Attached Files
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

The best weapon against crime is JOBS and general prosperity through the economy.
                    Then BLM will be thrilled to learn that, prior to the pandemic unemployment was at historic lows - particularly among African Americans. The economy, by most standard measures, was doing fantastic. Yet, violent protests and riots spread across the country like wildfire and brought along with it... violence.

Alas, we’ll never know for sure where the rise in violent crime came from or why it was allowed to spread like untreated cancer. I guess it will remain a mystery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Then BLM will be thrilled to learn that, prior to the pandemic unemployment was at historic lows - particularly among African Americans. The economy, by most standard measures, was doing fantastic. Yet, violent protests and riots spread across the country like wildfire and brought along with it... violence.

Alas, we’ll never know for sure where the rise in violent crime came from or why it was allowed to spread like untreated cancer. I guess it will remain a mystery.
                      What riots are you talking about? The ones of 2020? Those all occurred after national unemployment jumped above 10%. If the pandemic had never happened and unemployment was still at 3.7% do you think the crime rate in NYC still would have jumped the way it did? Because I don't.

Comment

• The riots of 2020 had nothing to do with unemployment. It had everything to do with demonizing law enforcement due to some isolated incidents where police officers may have acted wrongly. I didn't hear BLM screaming about unemployment numbers as they were burning and looting their local Target or Wal Mart. Antifa didn't nearly destroy Seattle and Portland because they couldn't find jobs. This was a coordinated, violent rebellion against law enforcement. And their actions were approved and heartily supported by the Democratic Party.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Back before Academia took over: http://jhr.uwpress.org/content/43/2/413.abstract

Property crimes rises with unemployment; violent crime does not.

I think it's cute to think that drug war murders are tied to unemployment. ("Dude, I can't shoot him -- I might lose my job at Home Depot!")

Meanwhile, increased spending in police correlates to decrease in violent crimes. https://www.politico.com/interactive...-floyd-defund/

Now, it's ludicrous to think that crime is affected only by any one single factor. But, it's beyond stupid to think the complete antipathy toward police and accompanying reduction in police presence isn't a major factor.

However, as I've said before -- I don't really give a fuck. It's up to each local community to decide how they want to be policed. Progressives prefer no police, which works in nice liberal elite neighborhoods but doesn't do quite so well in places where, you know, crime exists. But, the nonetheless, that special brand of white liberal paternalism persists. And places like the southside of Chicago remain a battle zone where those white liberals will never set foot.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Back before Academia took over: http://jhr.uwpress.org/content/43/2/413.abstract

Property crimes rises with unemployment; violent crime does not.

I think it's cute to think that drug war murders are tied to unemployment. ("Dude, I can't shoot him -- I might lose my job at Home Depot!")

Meanwhile, increased spending in police correlates to decrease in violent crimes. https://www.politico.com/interactive...-floyd-defund/

Now, it's ludicrous to think that crime is affected only by any one single factor. But, it's beyond stupid to think the complete antipathy toward police and accompanying reduction in police presence isn't a major factor.

However, as I've said before -- I don't really give a fuck. It's up to each local community to decide how they want to be policed. Progressives prefer no police, which works in nice liberal elite neighborhoods but doesn't do quite so well in places where, you know, crime exists. But, the nonetheless, that special brand of white liberal paternalism persists. And places like the southside of Chicago remain a battle zone where those white liberals will never set foot.
                            I don't think it's NOT a factor. I just don't think it's the greatest contributing factor. There were BLM protests every year from the George Zimmerman acquittal in 2013 to the present. There was no dramatic upsurge in crime until 2020. And the upswing may subside quickly, who knows?

I also find it hard to believe there's no link between unemployment/poverty and drug crimes. Maybe not MURDERS, specifically. But greater demand for illegal drugs probably leads to more drug war activity. I could go looking for links but I thought it was well established that joblessness and recession generally led to more drug abuse, alcoholism, domestic abuse, and overall more anxiety that makes people more volatile?

Comment

What riots are you talking about? The ones of 2020? Those all occurred after national unemployment jumped above 10%. If the pandemic had never happened and unemployment was still at 3.7% do you think the crime rate in NYC still would have jumped the way it did? Because I don't.
                              I'm not convinced the unemployment rate was a factor. Certainly not a significant one. I don't ever recall BLM/Antifa violently protesting due to the government prohibiting them from working or because they were sick of Covid-related lock-downs. Liney summed up my opinion on that point perfectly.

To Talent's point on the correlation of funding and outcomes: Liberals never found a problem that can't be solved by throwing gobs of money at it. But when it comes to violent crime, their new solution is to defund the police. Seems to be going poorly.

It would be interesting to see if data is available for 2020 pre and post Floyd.
                              Last edited by Mike; February 9, 2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

There was no dramatic upsurge in crime until 2020.
                                Man, if only there was an OBVIOUS explanation as to what happened in 2020. It's not like we all saw large American cities on fire every goddamn day all summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X