Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason to like Ken Jennings.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 132999870_777517582839025_894191699259652340_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=i163e_p6UPUAX-dJz69&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=acb57dfa7e87b478478734dd319f100e&oe=601401DE.jpg
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Another reason to like Ken Jennings.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/...iWaJvtgkp5hFi0
        I like Jennings.....but my favorite to replace Trebek would be Levar Burton.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Well it’s settled. Lin Wood is the craziest, most deranged mofo in Trumpworld. Holy shit, the stuff he’s posted over the past 48 hours...

Comment

• I'd suggest you read about the rollout in S. FL vs. the rollout in NY. It is the states' responsibility to vaccinate their population in any order they choose. Well run states are not having any problems with this (other than not having enough vaccine). NY doesn't need more vaccine any more than they needed 1,000 extra beds at the Javits Center. It is a matter of efficiency.

Comment

• I couldn't care less about what Jennings tweets, but it's blindingly obvious that if his tweets were opposite in political opinion he wouldn't have a prayer of hosting Jeopardy.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The irony of insisting that the vaccine be distributed in a woke, politically correct manner that does not disproportionately innoculate white people and then complaining about the rollout of the vaccine.

Comment

• It’s remarkable
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Being the craziest MAGA is quite the accomplishment, the competition is fierce.

Comment

• And to think as recent as October, the woke left were standing in line waiting for a microphone and TV camera to stand in front of, and state that they'd never take, or recommend that ANYONE take 'the vaccine promoted by Donald Trump'.

Complete flip. Now they're arguing about who should get it first. And, of course, its them.

Comment

• Bwahaha

You can still buy a hat...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lineygoblie is in the competition

Comment

• Happy New Year to all.

raf,750x1000,075,t,000000:44f0b734a5.jpg

I was thinking of what I could post that would give proper attention to this fine occasion, so I decided to use Froot's drivers license picture.

You've never looked better, Froot.

Comment

• Earlier this week I praised the Federal logistics effort to distribute vaccines to the states and then noted FL's Governor, Ron Desantis, had taken a different approach to priority for the vaccine. I called his approach blitheringly obvious in that most deaths and serious ilness - what you'd like to avoid in the pandemic - occur in the over 65 cohort. He directed hospitals and community public health facilities to vaccinate over 65s ahead of essential workers. THis, IMO, was a good idea.

What is being reported nationally is that states seem ill-prepared to deliver shots to arms with facilities designated to do that by both federal and state authorities understaffed. That appears to be the case in FL although I have littel trust in the press to have a handle on what is actually going on in the places designated to administer the vaccines. Demand certainly outpaced supply - staff available to administer the vaccines or not. Desantis on Wednesday urged patience, more vaccines are coming. FL citizens were still angry that they couldn't get through to phone lines or web sites set up to scheudled vaccinations and when they did all the slots had been scheduled through February.

Toilet paper.

Look, not everyone is going to get shots out of the gate. I can see some issues at the local level in FL with questionable anticipation of a surge in demand. Messaging could have been better. Web sites and phone lines could have functioned better. But people's expectations are grossly out of alignment with reality given available resources. You can't just hire anyone off the street to administer vaccinations. There's training involved so, health care personnel who are trained are already stretched to the max. Phone lines and web sites don't work well when millions of people motivated to be first in line flood them. That does not stop people from complaining, "you should have known and planned for this." OK, some legitimacy to that complaint but, it's been what? Two weeks since the vaccines were green lighted and in the US nearly 3m of the 12m doses distributed have been administered. FL is in the ball park with other states in administering about 4% of the state's population (LTC vaccination program is separate). The COVID relief bill has a shit ton of money in it targeted to the states for the purpose of advancing vaccine administration. It's coming.

CDC’s home for COVID-19 data. Visualizations, graphs, and data in one easy-to-use website.

Sure, there are issues with administering the vaccines that are available and when in the background we hear headlines that bodies are piling up in CA and there's a mutant virus strain that is going to kill everyone, people will, not unexpectedly, be in a bad mood. But, people, let's try and focus on the good news here: THERE'S A VACCINE!!!
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• From the FWIW department:
                                I gave blood early in December and found out I had the COVID antibodies. I didn't have them in July when I last gave platelets.I will give blood again in early Feb and see if I still have them. I am curious to see how long they show up in my system. My wife went shortly after and she had them too. She went for a test. Rapid test was negative, but the three-day test was positive. That seems to be happening a lot around here, btw. My daughter came home from NYU about the same time. She got a notice that her roommate tested positive so she went to test. She got the three day test, and they fucking lost it so she had to go back a week later and do it again. She finally got her results a couple days ago and was negative.

In hind sight, we think my wife, son and I had it around the last two weeks in November. We all had cold symptoms, sinus headaches, mild coughs, and probably a loss of sense of smell, but it seemed to be kind of routine. We wife and I were exhausted and needed to sleep quite a bit. We thought it was just because we are old and the time change kicked our asses longer than it usually does. None of us ran a fever that we know of. Thinking that we had a seasonal cold, we fought it off with OTC meds and we continued our daily routines. The symptoms lasted about a week- ten days or so. My wife had no symptoms when she had the positive test. None of us had breathing issues.
                                My son is on the high school basketball team. He had a couple of rough practices where he had no energy and felt terrible. I think his entire team have all had it and and I think that the vast majority of the kids in his school have had it, all with mild or no symptoms. One kid on the basketball team lost his sense of taste and smell and tested positive (negative rapid test, positive three day)

I really don't know what this means other than a lot of people are probably walking around with this shit and don't even know it. At the same time we have friends and know of people that are extremely sick and others who have died, not all of them are old. So it is still a crap-shoot. Hopefully the vaccine roll out will go smoothly.
                                Last edited by CGVT; January 1, 2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X