Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Best that campus has looked. Ever.
    I expect such churlish and peevish comments from a Jacksonville State man.

Comment

• The REAL Gamecocks!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Both Houses of Congress passed the defense bill with veto-proof majorities. Trump still says he will veto. Will enough R's get cold feet to avoid the override?

Also, could be wrong but I feel like a few times in the past he has said he would veto something but never officially did so. Just refused to sign bills that then passed into law w/o his signature.

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I expect such churlish and peevish comments from a Jacksonville State man.
            The wildest strip club I have ever been to was close to Jacksonville State. It was called The Platinum Club. Totally nude. Mostly coeds from JSU. Some other “talent” from Atlanta. The owner believed that he could get around the totally nude dancing ban if he didn’t sell alcohol near the stage so you’d buy your drinks in another room and walk them yourself to where the dancing was. Heh.

Lot of fights in the parking lot. Inside was safe, though. They had a bouncer who weighed 400 lbs who prided himself on breaking arms if you got out of line. Cocaine was easily available. My first and only time there (bachelor party), as soon as I sat down a guy asked me if I wanted a “key bump” for $5. He also sold joints for $1/each. But the real draw were the dancers. You could buy a “limo lap dance” which was a limo ride where you paid $300 and had sex with one of the dancers. And that’s what brought them down. Anyway, he was popped for drugs, running a prostitution ring, violating the nude dancing ban, and a few other things. He died awaiting trial.

It was quite the experience. Think the Double Deuce before Dalton except with nude dancing.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA = ManWhore
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Sort-of a macabre experiment but, as far as I know, Governor Desantis of FL is the only governor that has very publicly said, we're not shutting anything down and he admits, he has "hobbled: county officials from closing anything. Meanwhile FL's unemployment claims fell drastically in today's reported numbers. Friday we get November's state employment numbers and they are going to be down in the 6% range after down trending and hitting 7% in October. A year ago they were 3.5%. They were upwards of 12% in a hard hit tourism heavy state in May after the lock-down.

Meanwhile the rate of new COVID cases is right up there and so are the numbers. Deaths are also tracking upwards but at lower rates of acceleration than new cases. Actually, deaths are hanging right around the norm for most states. Notably MI, PA, TX and CA are way up there. Hospitalizations in FL are averaging between 5 and 7% of ED visits, same as usual, and there's no indication that bed space FL wide is at risk.

So, we have a state, FL, remaining mostly unrestricted while CA under Governor Newsom proceeds with more restrictions and business closures. FL's disease burden appears to be less than CA's at the moment. Things could change.

I'm not doing a lot of context searching that would tend to off-set some of the "terrible" new case and death numbers being pushed by the media. Just not into it and that is because I'm not going to cheer anyone suffering or dying from this thing. It sucks and the basic math and prevalence rates by state/county just isn't with arguing that the virus's spread isn't a big deal. It is. But I think the Desantis v. Newsome approaches in dealing with this shit-storm on the way to a vaccine can be instructive. We know more people are going to get sick and die, a lot more, before vaccines start to make a difference in hospitalizations and deaths. But the bottom line for me is that I think it's clear that shuttering businesses and locking people inside their houses just doesn't produce lasting PH benefits that off-set the costs.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 17, 2020, 01:15 PM.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Department of Energy and nuclear weapons agency were breached by the hackers

EDIT: As the article notes, the FERC seems to have been the most compromised. They would have information about the entire country's electrical grid.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...ongress-447855

Comment

• San Francisco recommends renaming 42 schools including those named after Washington and Lincoln and even Feinstein!

Nothing to see here.

Comment

• Nuke Frisco. Nuke it now. Nuke it dead.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Most of you won't be able to read this because it's pay-walled. The Title of the WSJ article: How to End Lockdowns Next Month. Target vaccines to the most vulnerable, and don’t give them to people who have already been infected.

By the authors count, the 50 million doses that are promised by the end of January from Pfizer and Moderna, more if J&J gets in on production, is enough to cover the 50 million people in the US over 65 - the most vulnerable.

Some relevant facts the author cites:
                          • There is a sharp age gradient in the survival rate after infection. At least 99.95% of people under 70 survive infection; that figure is only 95% for 70 and older.
                          • For children, the cessation of in-person schooling has led to severe learning losses, which are predicted to shorten the lifespans of affected students.
                          • Among 25- to 44-year-olds, the CDC reports a 26% increase in excess all-cause mortality relative to past years, though less than 5% of 2020 deaths have been due to Covid-19.
                          • With a 90%-plus efficacy rate in protecting against Covid-19 symptoms, we will achieve near-perfect focused protection.
                          It remains shocking to me that this blitheringly obvious pandemic reality - lock downs are more costly than any PH benefits obtained from them - escapes decision makers, e.g., Governor Newsome of CA. That there is now a sensible way to bring the disease burden down significantly by inoculating everyone over 65 who hasn't gotten C-19 is staring idiots who continue to impose lock-downs right in the face.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-...th-11608230214

BTW, FL's Governor Desantis is pretty much doing exactly what teh WSJ article advocates for ...... and ......

Governor Phil Murphy of New Jersey has the world record of deaths per million at 2,049. The second murderer is Cuomo at 1,856 . The media tried to blame Florida's Governor, but despite of having the largest population of people over 75, Florida with no lockdowns is at 945, which is below the US average of 957. Data from worldometers.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• San Francisco recommends renaming 42 schools including those named after Washington and Lincoln
                            oh geez ... what did Lincoln do now?
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• A story that rocketed around the internet for its clickbait value employed misleading framing of an issue in San Francisco.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Thank you for confirming that San Francisco has, in fact, recommended changing the names of 40 some schools including those named after Washington and Lincoln (and Feinstein). Just as I said.

You've also confirmed how preposterously biased "fact-check" organizations can be. Snopes wants to make it seem like San Francisco has, in fact, not recommended the name changes. So, they throw in a reason (BLM). However, as you dig down, you see -- yeah they want to change the name, but not becuase of the strawman we burned to the ground. But, the Snopes headline is sure to trick gullible folks who won't take the time to read their nonsense into believing that San Francisco has not recommended renaming its schools.

So, thank you, Jon, for posting a link that 100% confirms the truth of what I posted. QAJon for the win.
                                Last edited by iam416; December 18, 2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X