Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon
    <Removed overly personal information>

I think its now long past time to sanction in a meaningful way people who refuse to wear masks. I have a way over the top suggestion, maybe someone here has a more meaningful suggestion.

Start a national database of those without masks. If someone enters a place of business without a mask, date/time is noted by the employee so images can be taken from the security footage. When the person leaves, the employee photographs the license plate number to identify the offender. Since the asshole is expressing his “freedom” not to wear a mask, the same “freedom” is granted to the ever-helpful insurance companies to deny coverage for any covid related illness for members of that entire household because of the asshole’s intentional irresponsible behavior. I would attach this measure to any future covid relief bills. Assholes potentially spreading the virus should have non-insured financial responsibility for the damage they spread.

I’m a tad angry at this point.

Edit: I do not advocate violence in any way, shape or form.
    I would amend that to the individual themselves, because the rest of the household could be masking up and doing the right thing.
    Last edited by Ghengis Jon; December 8, 2020, 07:35 AM.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I listened to a commentary a few days ago. The central question being discussed was the radicalization of the American public. It wasn't about left or right. It was about the American public's penchant to embrace radical thought to include conspiracy theories. The growing concern is radicalized groups or individuals acting on dangerous beliefs and calls from persons holding them to act.

The guy Jon described who verbally threatened his son is an example of such an individual. He very likely is a consumer of misinformation and disinformation readily available to anyone who has a capable device and internet or 4G connection. People can single out and blame social media but that, according to some, isn't the only problem. Wide spread anxiety is one of the many factors breeding both radical thought and action. If people aren't anxious, they are angry. They're anxious and angry about the many circumstances we are living with in America. Most of us can list dozens.

I don't think there are easy solutions to reducing the infiltration of anxiety and anger into society. It's a phase with an recognizable end point presently but there is one. It does not help that subject matter experts and the officials they advise tend not to be single minded or authoritative on these subjects. There is a wide range of beliefs, presentations of facts and opinions - that itself produces anxiety.

My position on this is that I scrupulously avoid confrontation. I rarely discuss COVID unless I am asked a specific question about which I have knowledge. The virus, vaccines and the impact of COVID are topics that will produce angry defenses or outbursts of whatever position on them one is taking. As long as it is lawful, no matter how offensive the behavior may seem, I'm ignoring it.

I'd advise against a policy that requires employees to "remind" maskless patrons to don a mask. While it may be perceived as doing good things for the public, it is just as likely to precipitate an exchange that your son experienced or worse. For every 7 or 8/10 people that will comply, there will be at least 2 that fit the bill of the people I'm talking about here. It's best to simply recognize there will be those who will angrily defend their right to choose to wear or not wear a mask. Let them be. Take individual responsibility to avoid them and protect yourself. Then hope that the 2 of 10 does't grow to 8/10 before we get to some definitive endpoint, not yet clearly discernible.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• So many things I could say.

But, I have to wait until my pearls come back from the jeweler.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Trump announces that Rudy has covid

Comment

• Can’t imagine how he got it.

Comment

• I hope he has a mild strain and recovers fully.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Comment

• Screenshot 2020-12-06 at 4.04.05 PM.png
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Can’t imagine how he got it.
                  From all those goddamn non-masker assholes!
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't wanna brag, but it looks like I am gonna be rich:

From Ms Nina Johnson
                    Lot 50 Blvd du Marseille.
                    Bietry Zone 4.
                    Abidjan Cote D' Ivoire.

Good day to you, I hope my mail meets you in good health. Please do not be surprise to receive this letter. hoping that by the grace of God you will successfully assist me out from my situation after my seven days and fasting over seeking for an guardians. I am Miss Nina Johnson, (20 years old) the only daughter of (late chief Nado Johnson) who was a famous and wealthy cocoa merchant based in Abidjan, the economic capital of ivory coast.

I am seeking for your urgent attention to help me transfer the sum of (8,900,000.00) Eight million nine hundred united state dollar into your nominated bank account oversea as an investments purposes, such as real estates managements and stock markets. The fund was deposited in fixed suspense account. please i am willing to offer you 20% out of this my total fund as your commission for your urgent assistance to me.

Please kindly contact me immediately for more important details concerning this my Inherited money,

Awaiting your immediate response so that i will send some documents of prove and the contact of bank where my late father deposited my inherited money,
                    i Pray that God will be with us

Yours Sincerely
                    Nina Johnson
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You are already rich...rich with all of the friendships here...

...well...maybe you'll get that mula...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If I know AA at all, he's very likely to sink the bulk of his newfound fortune into a slightly-above-average-for-the region wings joint in Central Nebraska. That's printing money.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Excellent
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Some people have all the luck ...

Comment

• Jon, you are as radical as the NRA guy. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

• To call Jon a nutjob...is offensive to nutjobs everywhere...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X