Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All indisputably true, Hannibal.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• On a related note, Parler has seen a massive influx of users. They claim it's about 5 million the past week or so. Also on a related note, Twitter stock cratered about 20% a couple of weeks ago when they announced their disappointing user growth. That's about a $7-$8 billion hit. Wow. Imagine being so triggered by others' views that you would flush literal billions of dollars of stockholder money down the toilet to shut people up.

We're in uncharted capitalism territory here. I don't think that Adam Smith or Milton Friedman ever imagined a scenario in which the severely mentally ill would be in charge of so many major institutions and willing to sacrifice ungodly amounts of money shoving political propaganda down people's throats.
      Last edited by Hannibal; November 12, 2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Your savior lost.
        No, MY Savior won.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That's defininitely an argument for the free market as opposed to government intervention. I believe it's the same argument advanced by DSL and AA wrt social media platforms. It'd be great if those chowderheads turned out to be right!

Comment

• It was down to one state between Gore and Bush and over a 1000 votes. This is nothing like that at all. Gore did eventually concede though, your savior will never do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

No, MY Savior won.
              Gary Peters?

Comment

• A dreadful existence would be rooting for companies like Twitter and Parler like they are sports teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  That's defininitely an argument for the free market as opposed to government intervention. I believe it's the same argument advanced by DSL and AA wrt social media platforms. It'd be great if those chowderheads turned out to be right!
                  I was previously told that Parler is no substitute for Twitter. Now it's going gangbusters and soon Twitter shall rue the day they drove away so much MARKET POWER!

It's possible that once the disaffected Trump voters realize there are no liberals to taunt there, just Neo-Nazis and Eugenicists and Brain Pill-pushers, many will come crawling back. I mean, how many MyPillow ads can you stand to look at?

Comment

• Gore only conceded after he lost a Supreme Court case and had no other legal avenues. And he never acknowledged electoral defeat. He only acknowledged legal defeat and still insisted that he was the rightful winner, even though multiple recounts showed him losing, and the only way that he ever would have won would have been to rewrite the vote counting laws and then cherry pick locations to recount the vote. The Democrats clung to that narrative all through Bush's first term and ran on it in the 2004 primaries.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    That's defininitely an argument for the free market as opposed to government intervention. I believe it's the same argument advanced by DSL and AA wrt social media platforms. It'd be great if those chowderheads turned out to be right!
                    Parler will never be big enough to attract the average Joe, and as long as rich Leftists are willing to sacrifice huge amounts of their fortune to ram political propaganda down people's throats, then they will wield ungodly amounts of power in swaying the American electorate. There is no outward sign at all that these people have learned their lesson and they are going to be legitimate free speech platforms ever again. The overwhelming majority of people still get their news from mainstream sources and do not actively seek out alternative narratives. That is why the average Joe does not know that George Floyd died of a massive fentanyl overdose.

It's also only a matter of time before tech platforms like Apple start banning the Parler app. Parler-bashing news stories are already starting to show up in mainstream media. The Left will do everything in their power to shut down alternative platforms.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; November 12, 2020, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Gore only conceded after he lost a Supreme Court case and had no other legal avenues. And he never acknowledged electoral defeat. He only acknowledged legal defeat and still insisted that he was the rightful winner, even though multiple recounts showed him losing,
                      Correct. Again, listening to Ds about respecting the legitimacy of elections is high hilarity. It's like listening Cuba, Russia and China tell you how to go about human rights issues. Although, of course, as the Ds worship the UN that's exactly what they want us to do, so......

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Hillary "conceded". Then the entire media, America's intelligence apparatus, and the entire Democrat party pursued a complete nonsense "Russian election interference" theory for three years and have insisted ever since then that Vladmir Putin somehow hacked the election and got Trump into office. For four years, we heard about how our fragile democracy is hanging by such a tiny thread that the Russians buying a few Facebook ads is going to bring it all crashing down. Now every Tweet and youtube video that mentions election fraud literally has some sort of content warning that our elections have safeguards in place and there can't possibly be any fraud anywhere. Dozens of the most popular Twitter and youtube accounts that show statistical anomalies have been shut down without warning or explanation. We have reached new levels of "Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia" hilarity.
                        The mere idea/suggestion that Hillary, or her supporters, handled the fallout from the 2016 election with any degree of grace, integrity or dignity is so laughable that it borders on the mountains of madness..

Comment

• We should be tolerant then of Trump's behavior and that of his minion?
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

The mere idea/suggestion that Hillary, or her supporters, handled the fallout from the 2016 election with any degree of grace, integrity or dignity is so laughable that it borders on the mountains of madness..
                            Post of the day, but the day is young.

Comment

• Trump and his acolytes will scream about this fraudulent, stolen election for the rest of their lives. I don't care. Have fun. Launch all the legal challenges you want. As long as his chump supporters keep handing over more cash, why should he stop? He's 0 for 12 in court so far or something close to that.

The only thing that really matters to me is that Trump's imposing a blockade across the entire federal government banning Biden's transition people from having any access. But that seems like it's near an end now that several Republican Senators have spoken out against it. It's not a problem yet, just petulant, but it could become one if he thinks he can do that until the Electoral College vote is "official" in December.

Odds are 90% he holds a Trump rally somewhere in Florida rather than attend Inauguration.
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 12, 2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                We should be tolerant then of Trump's behavior and that of his minion?
                                Its not really about Trump's behavior or that of his minions.

Once we dig past the political sewage that is rampant on both sides, Trump has a right to dispute the results in any state where he feels he was cheated. If he can prove it, he has the right to dispute the results in court. I personally believe any and all of his challenges will fail, but he has the right to pursue it.

Meanwhile, Hillary and Algore will still tell you that they never lost an election in their lives, and they even wrote books about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X