No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out here in cow and corn country, I think the turnout for Trump will be huge. These folks see the burning cities on the nightly TV news, and the Democrats unwillingness to vigorously condemn violence, and it scares the crap out of them. Our county (one of the smaller populations in the area) will go overwhelmingly for Trump. No doubt about it. But, 25-30 miles in all other directions, its probably going to go for Kamala Harris. Biden is supplying the coat tails for her.

As Barack Obama told John McCain .. "elections have consequences". We're about to get that square in the face, and both barrels.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Arizona just flipped to Trump on predictit. 279-259 there now.

Comment

• Look at the bright side Liney. When the anti-Christ Trump is voted out of office today, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and Lawrence O'Donnell will all find themselves out of a job. Without a corrupt, anti-American, atheist, narcissistic grifter to target, they would just sit there silently without anything to say. I would imagine their unavoidable silence will offer some solace to the right.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

It varies region to region. I've read reports from Atlanta and they're saying polls are the emptiest anyone can remember. But nearly 94% of Georgia's 2016 total voted early this year. It's only around 50% in a lot of the Midwest battlegrounds.
          I saw some pictures of a Philadelphia polling place and it was very empty too. Probably varies by precinct more than anything -the areas that had long lines are heavily conservative. Perhaps an energized early rush. If those areas are packed all day that could be a big problem for the Biden camp.

On a side note, I find myself bizarrely ambivalent about the presidential race. I voted for Biden but, eh, whatever. If Trump pulls this off, there' s a certain dark comedy aspect that isn't repulsive to me. I'm actually more vested in my local school bond proposal and the U.S. Senate (assuming a Biden win).

Comment

• With 6 hours to go, Cuyahoga is up to 513,000 votes (609k in 2016). Almost 58% turnout. Mystery is whether there will be a post-work rush like a normal year or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
              Look at the bright side Liney. When the anti-Christ Trump is voted out of office today, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and Lawrence O'Donnell will all find themselves out of a job. Without a corrupt, anti-American, atheist, narcissistic grifter to target, they would just sit there silently without anything to say. I would imagine their unavoidable silence will offer some solace to the right.
              I never listen to anything that Rach, Chris or Larry have to say anyway, Jon. I don't think they're interested in speaking to folks like me at all. I'm deplorable, and stupid.

When Kamala takes office, I think she will do more anti-Christian acts than Trump ever could. She's on record as such. In addition she will place the US back on the side of the "palestinians" in the Middle East, and "de-fund the building of the new embassy in Jerusalem. She will also resurrect the Iran nuke deal, which is basically the US's surrender to Iran on them obtaining nukes.

Open borders, with potentially 20M new Democrat voters, Washington DC and Puerto Rico statehood, with 4 guaranteed Democrat senators, 3 additional liberal USSC Justices, .. all will be on the itinerary when she takes over. And Liz Warren as Secretary of State!!! woo!!

I hope Joe is able to serve his full four years, but I can already foresee the day in early fall 2021 where Chuck, Nancy, Dick Durbin, Kamala and Leahy put on their long faces, and crocodile tears, and go to the WH to give Joe the bad news that he needs to step aside for Kamala and Michele Obama. Kind of like what Goldwater and his Republican friends did to Richard Nixon.

Good times ahead.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• AZ flipped back to Biden on predictit. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  AZ flipped back to Biden on predictit. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                  It's gonna be like that in most states, all night, most of tomorrow and possibly into Friday.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    AZ flipped back to Biden on predictit. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                    Could be overreaction to Election Day numbers. I've seen them in Maricopa County and at least an hour ago, Republicans were beating Dems almost 3 to 1. But the number of votes were miniscule compared with the mail-in/early vote numbers. Over a quarter of the vote are Independents and until anyone's confident which way they're leaning that'll be a tough one to call.

Also, I don't pretend Cindy McCain influences anything, but this may be one state where the % of Republican defectors is higher than the Dems.

Comment

• With 3 hours to go, Cuyahoga is still 46,000 votes behind their 2016 total. Got to have a post-work rush at this point to match it (although the county has prob lost a bit of population in 4 years)

Hamilton is only about 10,000 votes behind their 2016 total though. Interesting.

Butler County (Slow-growing Cincini suburbs) has surpassed the 2016 vote. Wish I knew about anything around Columbus.

Comment

• I would think that Butler County is not good news for Biden. But, then again, he doesn't need to win Ohio. At all.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't know jack about the voter demographics in Butler Co. Ohio but if there's an increase in voting, why would you say that's bad for Biden? I would think a surge in voters doesn't necessarily equate to surge in votes for Trump.

Here in FL, for example, there's been a huge effort by the Ds to rally grass-roots voters over the last 4d. It's clearly more noticeable than efforts by the Rs. A commercial segment in a prime time show does not go by without 1-2 Biden adds. The Ds are crowding out Trump adds. Id' say any surge in voters in S. FL is going to favor Biden with independents and undecideds. That may be only a small portion of the votes but grabbing small portions of Hispanics or blacks one way or the other could be meaningful for Biden or Trump, depending.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I wonder if all the conservatives in Hollywood will threaten to leave the country if Biden wins...or if only dipshit libtards do that...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Butler County is traditionally a very R-heavy suburb county of Cincinnati.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 538 probability of Senate races (currently 53 R-45D- 2 IND that caucus with Dems)

Flipping percentages

REP to DEM

Colorado (84%)
                                Arizona (78%)
                                North Carolina (68%)
                                Georgia (63%---likely headed to runoff)
                                Maine (59%)

DEM TO REP
                                Alabama (83%)

Toss up
                                Georgia (Purdue 49.3% chance off winning, Ossoff 49%)

Very likely come Wednesday......it could look like 48 REP-48 DEM-2 IND. Now, if Greenfield takes out Ernst it is 49-47 DEM
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X