Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was expecting you to stfu.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Where the hell was Walter when we needed him last night?
      download (1).jpeg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Have a feeling this election will have the “largest turnout”/ most votes casted ever. Mail in ballots could be a mess by pure quantity with how easy they are making it.
        For example, I’m seeing a message/ similar message like this across most of my social media accounts ... unlike previous elections.
        Really wants me to submit an absentee ballot :

231C4314-581C-4FAB-A1C4-8EF83527992F.jpeg

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Have a feeling this election will have the “largest turnout”/ most votes casted ever. Mail in ballots could be a mess by pure quantity with how easy they are making it.
          For example, I’m seeing a message/ similar message like this across most of my social media accounts ... unlike previous elections.
          Really wants me to submit an absentee ballot :

Yeah, I'm of the mindset that if you need incessant reminders from social media to motivate you, then maybe voting in this election "just isn't your thing". You should probably just sit this one out.

Comment

• I ordered an absentee ballot yesterday. So did my son. I just don't want to mess with the crowds on Election Day because I know out where I live, the lines are going to be long. I haven't spoken to anyone who is NOT voting. It could be a record turnout.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If betting odds are any indication, Biden won pretty handily. Or the betting odds moved because they previously had some sort of Biden dementia moment priced into the numbers.

Comment

• If Biden wins, I just hope he can maintain his faculties for 4 years.

If you thought last night's debate was bad, just let Kamala Harris become President.

Last night's debate will look like a bad SNL skit, compared to what she wants to do.

Comment

• Harris is as much a centrist as Biden.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                    Harris is as much a centrist as Biden.
                    No she’s not. I’m not sure why you keep repeating this. Analysis of her positions put her left of Elizabeth Warren. She was arguing for bussing in 2020 for Christ’s sake.

Comment

• I remember Harris being pretty far left when she began her presidential campaign. As this would suggest:
                      https://www.businessinsider.com/2020...ranking-2019-5

Harris was doing well in the polls at some point last year, then decided to shift positions on issues when the establishment backed her... such as medicare for all. That's when Harris' campaign tanked.

So yes... Harris has been both a Ds centrist and far left.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Trump campaign is quietly erasing all mention of Brad Parscale from their website and social media accounts. Considering he was the campaign manager for over 2 years, there's a lot to remove.

When you're a winner, soulless people will look the other way. But if Trump loses, and loses badly, there could be a lot of angry donors wondering why tens of millions of dollars went to companies set up by Parscale and why he was apparently paying large salaries to Trump family members through those shell companies.

Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale was detained by police last week after his wife reported that he was planning to harm himself.

Comment

• Mark Racicot, former Republican Governor of Montana, Chair of the RNC, and Chair of Bush's 2004 Campaign says he's endorsing Biden.

No one cares! But it continues to be remarkable and unprecedented in my lifetime just how many Republicans from the past are attacking the current head of their party.

Marc Racicot, a former governor of Montana as well as a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, endorsed Democratic nominee Joe Biden for president in an interview this week.

Comment

• And at the same time, for nearly every Republican that runs to the Dem camp for asylum, Police unions are coming off decades-long endorsements of the Democratic candidate, and endorsing Trump. Because Trump isn't afraid to say that we need law enforcement.

Biden and Harris will not do anything to stop "defund the police" movements around the country. Especially President Harris.

Comment

• I'm not exactly sad to see old Bush cronies leave the party. Fuck them. We're in this spot in no small part because of them.

Rasmussen's poll yesterday had Biden up by 8. Yeeouch.

Comment

• Speaking of endorsements no one cares about...Stanley McChrystal is endorsing Biden. lol, that dude was literally fired by Obama and actually trashed Biden to the press a decade ago

The BBC News website looks at the people involved in the controversy surrounding Gen Stanley McChrystal, who was dismissed by President Barack Obama following a magazine interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X