Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Winston Groom, Alabama’s greatest author and the creator of Talent’s favorite cinematic character, Forrest Gump, has died at 77.
    Hate that about Groom, besides being a University of Alabama alum and writing Gump (and the other arguably better books he wrote), he was a journalist before being an author and before that was a captain in the Army and served in Vietnam. He was a philanthropist and made a lot of money with Gump, but you would never know it when you met him. Just a humble and funny guy. He loved college football as much as any of us here and was a great historian of the game.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• lol...with 45 days till the election and a certain bloc of Florida voters very important, Trump will be suddenly announcing an $11B aid package to Puerto Rico to help repair damage from Hurricane Maria (which hit 3 years ago)

The White House on Friday announced a $13 billion aid package for Puerto Rico, three years after the territory was hit by Hurricane Maria.

Comment

• This seems wrong. Some actress drove drunk, killed someone, and was sentenced to a lenient term, but after serving over 2 years time, she was freed. Now, over 5 years after serving that sentence, they say that wasn’t a strong enough punishment and have resentenced her for another 6 years.

I had no idea this was even possible.

Amy Locane previously served nearly two and a half years of a three-year prison sentence on charges of vehicular homicide and assault
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah how exactly IS that possible?

Comment

• Yeah, I’m all for harshly sentencing drunk drivers who kill someone, but she was sentenced, served her time in prison, and was freed. There shouldn’t be a do-over for her punishment.

Comment

• Isn't that some sort of double jeopardy?
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                Isn't that some sort of double jeopardy?
                Don't know, but it sure seems like some sort of bullshit
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Comment

• RBG, eh. RIP.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Election coming up. Let the people decide...
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I wonder if the Ds took any positions that might be hypocritical. Nah.

In any event, there's not enough time to replace her.

Comment

• Damn, RIP

Trump and Mitch would love to ram a candidate through but there's too many vulnerable Republicans that won't go for that. At least I hope so. Graham himself is in a tight race and has gone on the record saying he wouldn't support a nomination process this late in the year.

Comment

• Yeah, it’s not going to happen. Biden will get his affirmative action pick.

Comment

• It doesn't matter. Trump would appoint another Federalist Society cuck like Kavanaugh who would side with the Liberals on anything important anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X