No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, for their sake I hope you can't catch it outdoors, even if you're sitting next to an unmasked infected person in tight quarters for 3 hours and you're both sweating profusely on a beautiful DC in August night. Lots of reporting that no one was tested for this except for the few rows closest to the stage.

<<insert "OH BUT PROTESTS OUTDOORS ARE OKAY RIGHT???" comment>>

Egd6HPPWsAAY_LO?format=jpg&amp;name=small.jpg

Comment

• Fun Facts:

Dana White, owner of UFC, and Dan Scavino, the man who runs Trump's Twitter account, both got more speaking time tonight than Mitch McConnell

McConnell and Kevin McCarthy combined for less speaking time than Kimberly Guilfoyle, consort to the President's son, who literally screamed her entire speech to an empty room

Comment

• Still wondering about the circumstances of the initial first guy shot. I haven't been able to find much about that. Has anybody else?

Comment

• Tough anti-Trump ad featuring the father of the Navy SEAL who was the first soldier killed in combat in Trump's presidency. The dad is a former Green Beret himself

Comment

• lol...when Dan Scavino was speaking Fox cut away to run a Joe Biden ad

I watch this shit so you, my conservative friends, don't have to. Consider it a public service.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Well, for their sake I hope you can't catch it outdoors, even if you're sitting next to an unmasked infected person in tight quarters for 3 hours and you're both sweating profusely on a beautiful DC in August night. Lots of reporting that no one was tested for this except for the few rows closest to the stage.

<<insert "OH BUT PROTESTS OUTDOORS ARE OKAY RIGHT???" comment>>

Egd6HPPWsAAY_LO?format=jpg&amp;name=small.jpg
              I know a few people from that group. Most of them are ministers and their families from all over the country.

None of them would have been welcome at the DNC, masked or not.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The DNC and all Democrats are utterly godless, Liney, You know that.

Comment

• Comment

• Wow, Never seen post media coverage that left tilted in my life. :One has even accused the party of illegal fireworks...lol

Comment

The DNC and all Democrats are utterly godless, Liney, You know that.
                      Only because they want to be, Strangelove. Only because they want to be.

God still loves them anyway.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• In COVID news, SK is worth watching. Reports are coming out of that country that there is a significant increase in new cases and, importantly, SK PH officials have admitted that they don't have the man-power to keep up with contact tracing having lost about 20% of new cases to tracking/tracing. That ability has been key to SK's success v. the pandemic. Would not be surprised to see a huge spike in SK's C-19 cases in a population that is full of highly susceptible hosts.

The blame for the current new cases is being placed on a church and it's leader that has taken anti-government positions on gatherings as well as SK's strict masking and distancing requirements. Obviously, this is a cultural abnormality among an otherwise normally compliant Asian population that trusts government. Not surprisingly the general sense of the average Korean on the street is to round the pastor and his church members up, arrest and then lock them up.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Cops are held to a higher standard than the felons they are trying to arrest; it’s a tough job. I don’t think it’s virtue signaling to look at the Blake shooting and surmise that it was shitty procedure and sloppy technique in that attempt to detain and arrest. To shoot Blake you have to have a reasonable belief that someone’s life is in imminent danger; however, the cop who shot Blake in the back 7 times should be found not guilty of any untoward action if his attorney is able to argue that he saw or knew of the knife or he had a reasonable belief that harm would be caused to the an officer or civilian if he wasn’t stopped. A weapon makes that road easier.
                          You can't even say that it was shitty procedure if Blake had a knife and they had already expired their tasers on him. At any rate, they are coming at this entirely from the angle of "black man gets shot by racist cops because he's a black man", not "cops need better training and discipline so that they can quash a dangerous situation before a moronic felon can put himself into position to be shot". The former is nothing but simpleton race baiting. The latter position requries some level of critical thought.

Comment

Tough anti-Trump ad featuring the father of the Navy SEAL who was the first soldier killed in combat in Trump's presidency. The dad is a former Green Beret himself

Biden voted in favor of the Iraq war in 2002 ... so ... eh.

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Nate Silver has started including the USC/Dornsife poll in his average. This was one of the only ones to predict Trump would win in 2016. Right now it has Biden up by about 12-13 points.

What's unique about this poll is they don't call random people around the country. They poll the same people repeatedly (about 8300 total) over the course of the entire campaign. Everyone's randomly assigned a day of the week to respond and is guaranteed to be included once every two weeks. I believe they've even tried to use many of the same voters who were involved in the 2016 poll.

Comment

• Now for something very cool and not Covid or riot based.

what a neat private plane. Very impressive innovation:

Finally, the mysterious bullet-shaped Celera 500L has been officially revealed. The super-efficicient six-person plane might hit skies by 2025 and could revolutionize private travel
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X