No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And he probably knows more about all the 'private' rooms in the WH than any other President in US history ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Cover letter to the GRU offering his services.

396.jpg
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I assume the Ds are doing their best to reveal none of their real policy positions. Very smart. Keep it a referendum on PDJT. Keep AOC out of sight. Unfortunately for the country, there's more truth in AOC's 60 seconds about what the Ds are than the rest of it all.
        Last edited by iam416; August 19, 2020, 06:10 AM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Wingnut asshole Laura Loomer appears to have an insurmountable lead in the Republican primary for the FL-21 district. How will she do in the general?

The incumbent Dem, Lois Frankel, currently has 65,000+ votes in her primary

The entire Republican field (6 candidates including Loomer) has 27,000+ votes.

Unless the Republicans are just much slower counters that's not a terrific sign. Starting to look like Hanni's donation will mostly go towards Laura's new boat
          A few days ago the local CBS station reported that she had only 2% of the vote with 100% of the vote counted.

Comment

• I was disappointed with ND after praising them for what appeared to be a reasonable approach to managing new positive cases among their student body when they suspended in-person learning - already limited in scope - for 2 weeks. In my view this step is reflective of what I have called the baked in response to an increase in cases.

What is troubling is that there is overwhelming evidence that increasing new case numbers do not correlate with increasing disease burden. The correlation is even weaker in the 18-35 age cohort - this group simply doesn't exhibit serious illness and a large percentage remain asymptomatic. There is also emerging evidence that COVID's impact can be managed with sensible people doing the management - pro-sports and some cruise lines that have recently re-started cruising in Europe and Asia are examples. Sweden is another.

I'll acknowledge that imposing stricter mitigation measures uniformly results in across the board, downward trending COVID indices and that seems to be the goal of officials making decisions. But only in a few places am I seeing officials buck that trend appearing to weigh the social and economic costs of imposing stricter mitigation measures. One of them is the FL school systems. The debate involving in-person v. distance learning is furious. In polls, it's about 60-40 in favor of at least a blend of approaches - I actually think it's closer to 70-30 as it depends on how the question is phrased in those polls. College sports, in the case of the P3 is another example of bucking the trend.

At this point, we are just all spectators but I'm cheering the leading trend busters and criticizing the meek. At some point in the next 5 years or so, we'll learn whether the trend busters or the meek chose the best COA. I'm putting my money on the trend busters and Sweden provides early indications of the less restrictive approach being a winner. It's just sad that so much damage has already been done to so many sectors of the global economy in the name of what I believe will turn out to be a politicized, over-reaction to the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

A few days ago the local CBS station reported that she had only 2% of the vote with 100% of the vote counted.
              As of this morning Frankel has 75,098 votes to Laura Loomer's 14,457.

Overall the two Dems got 87,303 votes to the six Republicans 33,991

This district went by 20 points for Hillary in 2016 and like I said, Frankel ran unopposed in 2018.

Florida Election Watch displays votes collected from all Florida counties as they are being reported on election night.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                Not to offend anyone, but Latte is = to Quiche as far as I'm concerned.

If you want coffee, have a cup of coffee. Don't mess with that girly-man stuff.

:::runs away quickly:::
                EFZ to the EFZ
                Latte, manbuns, manpurse, fruit flavored beer, mask on...same fruity shit.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

As of this morning Frankel has 75,098 votes to Laura Loomer's 14,457.

Overall the two Dems got 87,303 votes to the six Republicans 33,991

This district went by 20 points for Hillary in 2016 and like I said, Frankel ran unopposed in 2018.

https://floridaelectionwatch.gov/Fed...Representative
                  Yeah I mean all that I'm saying is that the local CBS affiliate, for some reason, reported that with 100% of the votes counted, Loomer only had 2% of the vote. That was a few days ago. In all of the years that I have been following politics, I have never once seen the news report election results as 100% of the votes counted days before the election actually happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Yeah I mean all that I'm saying is that the local CBS affiliate, for some reason, reported that with 100% of the votes counted, Loomer only had 2% of the vote. That was a few days ago. In all of the years that I have been following politics, I have never once seen the news report election results as 100% of the votes counted days before the election actually happens.
                    That may be them misreporting "100% of precincts reporting votes" as "100% of the vote counted" possibly.

Comment

• Trump calls for boycott of Goodyear Tires after they allow employees to wear BLM shirts but not MAGA hats (political party or candidate-specific gear is apparently not allowed)

CANCEL CULTURE!

EDIT: It should be noted that our tireless President called for the boycott approximately 10 minutes after a segment about it aired on Fox Business. Just another day of working hard as hell for America!

https://fox8.com/news/president-trum...oodyear-tires/
                      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 19, 2020, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• They apparently allow BLM but have “zero tolerance” for “Blue Lives Matter” or anything of that nature including “MAGA”.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Goodyear put out a statement:

“Goodyear is committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful workplace where all of our associates can do their best in a spirit of teamwork. As part of this commitment, we do allow our associates to express their support on racial injustice and other equity issues but ask that they refrain from workplace expressions, verbal or otherwise, in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party as well as other similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of equity issues.”

Comment

• Yeah, there was a screen capture on Twitter of what they allow and don’t. Not allowed is Blue Lives Matter, All Lives Matter, and MAGA.

Personally, I think it’s a bad idea to allow political movements of any stripe on work uniforms - whether it is the SJW “woke”-approved “BLM” or the worse-than-Hitler x infinity “Blue Lives Matter” logo.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Goodyear put out a statement:

“Goodyear allows employees to express themselves politically, as long as that expression supports violent Left Wing Marxist hate groups..”
                              FIFY

Comment

• Goodyear is just one of many. Back in June my Inbox was bombarded with a "we support BLM" e-mail from every company that had my name on their mailing list. That included Wendy's and Target LOL (two business conspicuously burned and destroyed during BLM riots).

Comment

Working...
                                X