No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamala Harris hates white men! Joe Biden wants to murder the Bible! We'll all be speaking Chinese within 2 years! Canada will walk all over us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Kamala Harris hates white men! Joe Biden wants to murder the Bible! We'll all be speaking Chinese within 2 years! Canada will walk all over us!
      Joe doesn't know which utensil to use when he eats dinner anymore, much less do anything to the Bible. And the DNC doesn't want him to be President any longer than necessary. He won't be in office long enough to sample the WH cuisine, much less do anything to the Bible. He's the DNC puppet to get Kamala in the oval office.

Kamala has deniability in that she's married to a white man, and she's absolutely got Caucasian in her family tree, so there's that. She's at least 50% Indian (country-India) and unless her daddy was born in Africa to two african natives, she's not 50% on that side either. She's probably more Jamaican/Caribbean than she is African.

China is more interested in Taiwan than they are in us. They've done their part to mess up the country. They're sitting over there laughing at us right now. And getting ready to call in the debt.

And Canada wants nothing to do with the US right now. They've closed their borders and told us to stay on our side. I don't blame them.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Its still an upgrade to what we currently have. But don't fret, Trump still has 5 months to wipe his ass with the Constitution, destroy alliances, wreck the economy, spew lies, endanger the public, and generally act in a manner that shames and humiliates America in all aspects. So there is that.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The only time I 'fret' is when I play the bass guitar, and I haven't done that in a while, either.

Kamala Harris will be the perfect President to pick up where Trump leaves off. She'll wipe her ass with the Constitution, destroy alliances (especially Israel), wreck the economy, spew lies, endanger the public and generally act in a manner that shames and humiliates America in all aspects.

So, yes. There is that. And if there's anything left over after her tenure, President Cory Booker can finish what she doesn't get to.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Maybe we should wait for the Biden ticket to get elected. Shifting alliances in politics makes it hard to predict how politicians act ......make no mistake, Harris is a quintessential politician.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Pay walled article in the Economist reports Sweden's economy experienced a minimal 8.2% contraction, among the globe's top 5, due to the pandemic. 2 reasons: prompt, smart, apolitical government relief programs and, drum roll, they didn't shutter their economy or restrict mobility to the extent the rest of the idiotic world did.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yep. And a mere 5000 deaths.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Re the suburbs, Biden has promised to adopt Booker's daft bill to abolish single-family zoning.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-or-the-other/

Essentially, if you want federal dollars, build housing tenanments wherever the Federal Government says.

This is, of course, on top of Obama's AFFH, which is fundamentally designed to have HUD regulate localities on a micro-level. https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...stanley-kurtz/

I'm all reconsidering some zoning and letting voters and local governments sort it out. But, under President Biden, it will be HUD bureaucrats that decide how, e.g., Pickerington, Ohio should be zoned.

Last edited by iam416; August 12, 2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd have to think about how much control over the process I'd really want HUD to have but I'm in favor of eliminating blanket bans on low-income housing. That applies everywhere. It's pretty hard to complain about NIMBY gentry progs in San Fran blocking the construction of apartment buildings so, y'know, non-rich people can live there, but then turn around and applaud Dublin or Pickerington doing so to preserve "the suburban way of life". Both should accept some change.

Regardless, Trump's vision of the suburbs is frozen in the early 1970's. I don't think as many suburbanites are as horrified at the idea of "lower-income peoples" moving in as he thinks.

Comment

• Dunno if Ron Johnson let this slip intentionally or not, or if he made the whole thing up, but he claims fellow Republicans on his Committee have been blocking subpoenas for Jim Comey, John Brennan, and others because they fear his investigation is too political (Romney is on his Committee)

Comment

• First, San Francisco ain't Pickerington when it comes to zoning and Nimby-ism. For example, there is no massive shortage of housing in Pickerington.

Second, this is a local control issue. Pure and simple. That's not 1970s. That's extremely relevant today.

Third, Federal housing policies have generally been a total fucking disaster.

This is actually a real issue. It is, of course, not as dire as PDJT makes it sound (not political issue is ever as dire as politicians make it sound). But, it's not make-believe. The Ds absolutely want to use the Federal government to remake suburbia. I disagree with it, but I don't think it's a batshit crazy idea. But, make no mistake, it absolutely is a D objective.

Comment

• Heh, I always thought there WAS a shortage of affordable housing in the Columbus area. Housing prices here are so much higher versus the rest of the state and houses get snatched up in less than a week.

Comment

• I don't know what "affordable" means, but there's plenty of available house and rental listings in Columbus. In any event, no sane person is ever going to argue that the housing markets for San Francisco and Pickerington are the same or basically the same. They are, of course, radically different.

And California's general problem is building overall. Yeah, they don't build high-rise apartments, but they also don't build enough houses. So, if there's a housing shortage then you end up w/ people renting who should be buying and rental markets explode.

I don't think anyone is any danger of any meaningul hyprocrisy claim for thinking that California has a god-awful housing situation and for thinking HUD ought to stay the fuck out of Dublin. The federalism answer and resolution is for that person to simply say -- I don't want Dublin to do shit like California. Pretty straight-forward.
                            Last edited by iam416; August 12, 2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Louisiana's bar exam will be open book submitted via email and prospective lawyers will be on the honor system to not have anyone else write their answers

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                Once Joe is forced into retirement due to his health, Kamala will need a VP when she's inaugurated as President.

Cory Booker is her good friend. I'm sure he'll be on her short list if Michele Obama turns it down.

These ought to be giddy times for you, Strangelove. If you thought Trump was a "nutjob running the country", you ain't seen nothin' yet.
                                Actually, and this would give you nightmares, It would be Nancy Pelosi that would be elevated to VP
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X