No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not earth shattering news but apparently Kimberly Guifoyle tested positive after she got to Trump’s Mount Rushmore event. Formerly of Fox, formerly married to Gavin Newsom, and now dating Donnie Jr.

Junior tested negative.

Comment

• She also graduated magna cum laude from UC - Davis, and received her juris doctor (J.D.) from the University of San Francisco Law in 1994.

So, she's not a bimbo.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• UA unable to verify the Covid parties:

Officials in Tuscaloosa, where the school is based, said students known to be COVID-19 positive were attending parties and infecting others
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          She also graduated magna cum laude from UC - Davis, and received her juris doctor (J.D.) from the University of San Francisco Law in 1994.

So, she's not a bimbo.
          So she’s got a case of the Gretchen Carlsons? Gretchen acted like she was “dumber than the boys” on Fox for years but had graduated with honors from Stanford.

Comment

• She's still a bimbo. But a bimbo with a more impressive degree she probably earned by being...wait for it... ready?....sure about that?... okaaaayyyy...

...a Bimbo!
            ​​​​

​​

Comment

• Whatever you say, guys ... but if earning a law degree was that easy, everyone would do it.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The US has 10x the cases/deaths from covid than Canada. Why? Seems to be mostly citizen attitude of teamwork and cooperation, not the US attitude of you can't tell me what to do or not do. What a surprise.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/20...s/coronavirus/

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Man do Leftists hate conservative women.

But, then again, their “believe women” schtick ended as soon as Biden was in the crosshairs.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The US actually has about 3X the cases and 1.5X deaths than Canada if, you know, you control for the very, very, very small difference in population.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                      The US has 10x the cases/deaths from covid than Canada. Why? Seems to be mostly citizen attitude of teamwork and cooperation, not the US attitude of you can't tell me what to do or not do. What a surprise.
                      Not really.

Probably something to do with population density. Canada is a bit larger than the US in terms of land mass. Meanwhile, the population of of the US is 8X greater than that of Canada (291.0 million compared to 35.6 million).

TBF, I don't fault your implications entirely although I think a closer analysis of who is getting infected since June 9th (when the curve starts to accelerate upwards) in the US, that is with a mean age of 34, will tell us that socializing without distancing or masking, i.e., at bars and clubs that re-opened in many states around that time, is behind the US surge. That's fixable and implementation of measures to do that appear to be underway - let's see how that goes before we make any rash decisions.

But, sure, alternatively we could go back to shuttering everything and head back to our caves for another month. That didn't cost much did it?

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Whatever you say, guys ... but if earning a law degree was that easy, everyone would do it.
                        I didn't call her a moron. I didn't say she was a bimbo. Despite having previously been married to the current Governor of California and Mayor of San Fran, I'm sure she's a sincere and committed lifelong conservative. Just like the Trumps!

I suggested she cloaks her own intelligence to be more palatable to the Fox audience. Just like Gretchen Carlson used to do.

I don't know why but this got me thinking how so much of the Classic Simpsons era would be regarded as virtue-signaling trash by our rightwing culture warriors if it came out today

Comment

• The right would never get a chance to see The Simpsons if it were made today because the Left would have banned it. So, there's that.

I mean, Hamilton is considered dated given for this "era". Can't have a bunch of POC celebrating white slave owners.

Comment

• A read of S. FL's paper this morning, the Sun Sentinel, revealed a couple of noteworthy things IRT FL being the #4 state in terms of new cases and GR (R[t] = 1.34, NV is #1 @ 1.44). While officials involved with COVID decision making in the tri-county region of S. FL have implemented stricter mitigation measures, including mandatory masking in spaces where social distancing can't be practiced, none of them have shuttered anything except beaches. Bars and clubs that obtain > 50% of revenue from alcohol sales never reopened in S. FL. They did in other parts of the state and most are now re-closed. Enforcement is ramping up.

What's interesting is that a number of restaurants, and not just a few, are making the decision to re-close. The reason is that they aren't profitable at 50% capacity AND given the risk of exposure to staff in locales with rapidly increasing numbers of infected people. The general observation coming from proprietors is that patrons have been irresponsibly "cavalier" about compliance with sensible, easy to follow rules to mitigate spread of the virus. They are also aggravated by stupid people that confront their staff when they are reminded to don a mask, such requests including reminders that officials will shut the place down if they stop buy and see people not masking or distancing. Stupid people don't seem to care and proprietors are tired of it. That is sad.

I'd like to hope we'll see a flattening of the slope of the splines over the growth curves during the next 10-14 days but I'm not at all confident that is going to take place ..... because a large number of people have now proven to me they can't be trusted to act responsibly. I was willing to believe people would act responsibly in the face of COVID but I was wrong.

Next step failing a decline in GR over the next 2 weeks? Well, before doing anything crazy, look at regional CFR (IFR) and get the straight scoop from big hospital system administrators on how they are doing (the data is available, just requires careful scrubbing by people w/o agendas). If those two numbers are OK, give it until the first week in August to determine if Floridians (and others nationally) are paying attention and complying with mitigation measures put in place over the last week or so. My gut tells me that the primary cohort getting infected will be asymptomatic/not presenting with serious illness requiring hospitalization. Thus, the C-19 disease burden will be low and manageable. Admittedly, in that my gut has been wrong a couple of times on this stuff, I'm uneasy with it.

After that with case numbers still rising and spilling over to increased CFR (IFR) with commensurate pressure on HC systems? I can't imagine a complete economic shut down and sheltering but it could happen. I'd prefer a federally backed and coordinated, massive effort to test and track in targeted states/regions where two measures are substantiated: (1) GR, CFR (IFR) is highest and rising and that is accompanied by HC systems in those states/regions exceeding capacity (both bed space and staff). It's entirely possible to mount such an effort. Historical examples of mobilizing resources to confront a crisis are there. The Trump administration? Draw your own conclusions.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Mask mandates are just like when the Nazis made Jews wear the Star of David

Comment

• There's a bunch of more videos like those on that account of good citizens telling the County Commissioners where they can stick their masks.

As best I can tell they tend to fall into one of two camps. The first are really anti-vaxxers that've found a new cause to rail against. Those people come from all over the political spectrum, from the California soccer mom who thinks anything with 'chemicals' in it is going to kill her baby, to the sovereign citizen' type for whom no government can tell him what to do. These people make claims that wearing masks is literally physically dangerous. Masks do everything from suffocate you with carbon dioxide to cause cancer. The second group is a little more mentally sane but they view masks as more of a political loyalty test. If you love the President and this country you will refuse the mask. The mask means marxism and communism and nazism and so forth.

Underneath both groups is obviously a feeling that the disease is way overblown, probably not bad at all really, I am hoping that this week's signals by Trump to wear masks may tamp down on the second group some but the medical crazies will always stick around.

Comment

Working...
                                X