No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we would just unleash the powers of THE NICK!!!! HARBAUGH!!! FARMER FRAN!!!...we could beat this damn corona thing!!!

Couple of questions that have me puzzled though...has Alice Cooper stopped eating bats...and how the hell did Buddy from the movie Hoosiers get reinstated to the team after walking out on Coach Dale...

...please answer...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
      AA, did you make it to the Bibliotheque nationale de France? The illuminated manuscripts are staggering.
      Not this last trip.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          And I will go to my COVID-19 grave believing that aerosol is a possible route of transmission no matter how much the WHO denies it. Aerosol might not be a common route, but I think we have a decent about of evidence to suggest it is possible even with pre-symptomatic people.
          Sure,it's possible, but, once again, the probability bugaboo pops up for normal, everyday circumstances that normal everyday people encounter. When the choir story broke, most people assumed the worst ..... we're doomed ...... the science just doesn't back that fear up. But, of course, nobody's talking about that. Stoking fear is a much more appealing undertaking these days.

This is a balanced, scientific article that looks at the current evidence on both sides of the question. I recommend a thorough read.

Evidence suggests the new #coronavirus #Covid19 can exist as an aerosol only under very limited conditions, and this transmission route is not driving the pandemic.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In the lab, it is viable as an aerosol for hours. In real life conditions, maybe 30 minutes.

But saying aerosol transmission is a thing would worsen panic. You think we are short vents, count up the negative pressure rooms.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• In the lab The Wizard is a drooling moron, but in real life conditions he's a drooling moron.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                In the lab The Wizard is a drooling moron, but in real life conditions he's a drooling moron.
                Cogent...yet lucid...

Talent:

hello
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• hi

Comment

• Mahoning County seems like a place that is being disproportionately hard hit. 3rd most cases in the state, #2 in hospitalizations, and #1 in deaths.

Comment

• My mother and her deficient immune system is holed up in southern Mahoning County. I don't think she's left the house in 3 weeks.

I don't know if Ohio testing has decreased, but today was 266 new cases. That's 13.7% growth. I'd like to think DeWine's iniatives are paying dividends, but unless we know how much testing they're doing it's hard to say.

Comment

• Also, 42 of the 55 deaths (76%) in Ohio are people over 70.

198 ICUs out of 2199 cases (with at least 500 of those probably early stage enough that ICU isn't a possibility). You're probably looking at 20-25% ICU.

Finally 55 out of 2199 is AT LEAST 2.5% -- and that's if none of the other active cases result in death. That means it's almost certainly well above 3 and pushing 4%. Of course, that's based on confirmed cases.
                        Last edited by iam416; March 31, 2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Rules for women during the lockdown.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I like that Malaysia has a "Women's Ministry" -- that's some tight shit right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                              Rules for women during the lockdown.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...161122688.html
                              They should apologize...

for not telling women to not nag every day
                              Last edited by Hannibal; March 31, 2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Sweden, a country without safety measures, will be an interesting epidemiological paper to read and compare and contrast to others.

Comment

Working...
                                X