No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..I'm just saying he hasn't been calling it the same thing from the beginning.
    No. And the media started out calling it the Wuhan Virus until they got Woke.

The more these daily pressers turn into debates over PC Culture and fights with the media, the happier Trump will be.
    Well, yeah. He's right and I think the strong majority of people in this country know he's right. The media's woke bubble is fucking dead ass wrong on this one, dude. But, they can't let it go. Can't do it. Gotta stay woke. Gotta defend China.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

No. And the media started out calling it the Wuhan Virus until they got Woke.

Well, yeah. He's right and I think the strong majority of people in this country know he's right. The media's woke bubble is fucking dead ass wrong on this one, dude. But, they can't let it go. Can't do it. Gotta stay woke. Gotta defend China.
      Well see and I say you're wrong. I would say the reason his approval on handling this crisis has risen is, in part, because he acted way more responsibly and maturely at the start of this week.

But it's all an act and he can't keep his enormous sense of self-pity and grievance and need for attention contained for long. Notice he's talking way longer and answering more questions than the health professionals at this point? So yeah, I disagree, the more Trump acts like MAGA rally Trump at corona press conferences being held because there's a public health crisis, the more he will turn off the Independent voters.

In the spirit of balance I'll say that Pence has been mostly pretty great (aside from the occasional and necessary Dear Leader praise). And there's some very good people in the admin, mostly the pros and not the politicos.

Comment

• The woke person who brought it up in yesterday's press conference was the 'woke" reporter from OANN. The same reporter who a week earlier reported it was developed at UNC. You can be sure if the dreaded woke media doesn't ask, he will find a plant to ask it. Its a diversion tactic.

Ignore this nonsense, move heaven and earth to get masks produced pronto it's a giant problem right now.

The press conferences instantly get better when he doesn't speak. Yesterday he still proved he had no clue about mass testing and why you want it.

Comment

• Calling it a Chinese Virus plays right into the Trump/Miller immigration stance. In their mind this virus (and they will not act on it until this is over and there is a later) justifies every hard line stance they have taken. And I would expect an even harder line stance on immigrants (including denaturalizing citizens here already there is an office in Immigration dedicated to looking into such things).
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• DeWine's closing the "senior citizen centers".

I have to admit, I don't know what those are. Anyone? Some form of assisted living?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              FWIW, my daoughter's opinion piece was published at AL.com this morning

https://www.al.com/opinion/2020/03/t...-in-italy.html
              Good article. You should be proud of your daughter, CGVT.

Comment

• I remember having the German measles as a kid. Now I realize it was just measles...and that I'm a fucking racist.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  DeWine's closing the "senior citizen centers".

I have to admit, I don't know what those are. Anyone? Some form of assisted living?
                  Think more like a rec center for seniors. We have one up here called The Gathering. They serve lunches have some entertainment. Benzie County Senior Resource Center operates out of there. It is a place where you can get in contact for things that the aging population might need to stay on their own.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    I remember having the German measles as a kid. Now I realize it was just measles...and that I'm a fucking racist.
                    It's okay we know that you were disadvantaged being in Nebraska.

Comment

• Are we talking about the Trump Virus?
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• This is an interesting Reuters article. It has some good news with details of airline industry "bailouts" being drawn up by various governments world wide. No government is giving out free money to airlines operating under their flags. In the US, they are loans in the 6-7% range that turn into equity stakes with additional restrictions on executive pay. The US congress understands what happened in 2008 with bank bailouts - and it was not entirely awful. There was abuse, but loans were made, paid back and the government made money. That doesn't often get mentioned. So, I"m for it.

The bad news also contained in the article demonstrates the dramatic impact of COVID-19 on the commercial airline industry. Some airlines will not survive if, like many of them, they were in bad cash positions before the pandemic and highly leveraged. There are huge lay-offs occurring and this goes well beyond the airline industry itself and their employees as you can imagine. No telling how all this will shake out in 6-12 months. Once we get through this, demand for air travel will resume but the industry will be considerably smaller - interesting to see what that means on product pricing.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Good Lord...5 Detroit cops test positive but another 152 have to be quarantined

EDIT: Was wondering how much of the total force that would be and looks like somewhere between 5-10%. Not quite as bad as I thought

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...us/2884695001/

Comment

• I saw a gallon of gas at $1.67. Crazy,

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              I remember having the German measles as a kid. Now I realize it was just measles...and that I'm a fucking racist.
                              Well, they've still accountable for WWII and the Holocaust.. just like the Spanish flu is still answering for the Inquisition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Good Lord...5 Detroit cops test positive but another 152 have to be quarantined

EDIT: Was wondering how much of the total force that would be and looks like somewhere between 5-10%. Not quite as bad as I thought

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...us/2884695001/
                                This kind of news speaks to the potential for the loss of front line law enforcement and first responders including fire fighters. We have already seen reports expressing concerns about front line medical staff who got exposed and now, due to existing CDC guidance, have to remove themselves from doing their jobs because of that.

I have a hunch that like the medical community, law enforcement first responers and firefighters are looking closely at the COVID-19 titers I talked about up thread. With these, you can see who's been exposed and now has some level of immunity - I could go into how this works, answer questions about does it last? ..... can you still get sick? ...... and so forth but your eyes would glaze over like I'm pretty sure is going on here with most of my posts. Your loss.

Those exposed who had nothing more than a common cold (remember that's at least 80% of all cases, probably more when you age stratify and remove all the old folks), can go back to the front lines and do their jobs. I'm not seeing much about this despite the huge potential to provide needed front line people and maybe more importantly to boost optimism. What I do see is lots of body bags stacked up like fire wood on wagons outside hospitals in Italy.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X