No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neither Loeffler nor Burr will get any protection from the MAGA crowd. They don't like Burr because he was too independent during Mueller and Impeachment and even issued Don Jr. a subpoena. Not enough of a Trump loyalist. And obviously they prefer Doug Collins to Loeffler -- the delayed primary plus this will give him a big boost to knock her out of office.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

There's always room for some nuance in your heart if it's a D, isn't there.
      Oh investigate the hell out of her. Along with her three colleagues, lol

Comment

• The interesting thing about "insider trading" is that it's almost always ttrading on material, non-public information about the specific security you're trading. In a private actor sense, it's never general knowledge about the market -- there's not specific. Martha Stewart had specific knowledge about ImClone, e.g., and traded on it.

If the STOCK Act applies to general market knowledge then I'd advise Congressional members to simplyI not own stocks or to not trade them. They're always going to have some sort of non-public knowledge, and if that knowledge relates to the economy then...

Again, I'd like to see their respective trading histories. If Loeffler has a portfolio of $20M, then selling of $3M isn't particularly newsworthy. And, she's richie rich rich, so she might. If either of them sold off their entire portfolio, then that is newsworthy.

In any event, one ought to wait for the facts to play out in this one -- starting with what was the material, non-public information the Senate received? And to that end, if Dept of Health officials really did brief them that a pandemic was likely and we'd all be working from home, then we have bigger issues because that's the executive branch speaking. Were PDJT's people really saying pandemic on January 24?
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't recall this at all but saw it pointed out last night. During the financial meltdown, Burr was accused of using inside info to benefit himself in advance of the general public.

At around the same time he was telling constituents not to mob ATM's and start a panic he called his wife in North Carolina and told her to withdraw all their cash from the bank ASAP. This was Wachovia Bank specifically, which was on the verge of failure.

Comment

• Since we're back to politics as usual, another specious suit against PDJT gets tossed: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...t-communities/

Comment

• Personally, I'm far more inclined to think Burr acted inappropriately than Loeffler. If I had to guess, I'd say Loeffler (and her Director of the NYSE husband) entrust their fortune to financial advisors -- [erhaps she gave the Mortimor Duke order to SELL! SELL! SELL!, but then why only that much?

And selling off in late January or early February wasn't exactly some sort of genius move -- the public information certainly suggested a potential disaster. The more we move into February the more that information was out there.

Comment

• In the US, you definitely get the sense that NY is fucked. That's about to turn pretty bad pretty fast. I'd assume California is next after them.

Comment

• Talent-

Take with a grain of salt but Jeff Blehar (one of the more conservative guys I follow on Twitter) looked at the accusations against all 4 Senators and this was his opinion on their level of "trouble"

Burr - In the "deepest shit" of the 4. He apparently cleaned out his entire stock portfolio well before the market truly tanked and as Chair of Intel he obviously has access to information that even ordinary Committee members don't have. (I haven't verified if it's true Burr sold all his stock holdings)

Loeffler - Can use the "I'm quite rich and don't need $3M, you peasants" defense as you point out. There's no criminal case here but it is a blessing for Doug Collins

Feinstein - The transactions went through her husband and they took a loss on them. The stock they sold went up after they dumped it all. Jeff didn't think it was a big deal.

Inhofe - Apparently Inhofe's cash-out is something he initiated in 2018 and it's been dragged out forever. So also no big deal.

Comment

• I actually think Leoffler's defense is probably true. I think Burr is fucked.

Isn't that what I just said? You should, from time-to-time, listen to me.

Again, this is a fact-based assessment. The complete sell off would be pretty damning. A modest sell-off (10-15%) would actually be vindicating. The sell-offs aren't all going to look the same and may, in fact, look quite different.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      In the US, you definitely get the sense that NY is fucked. That's about to turn pretty bad pretty fast. I'd assume California is next after them.
                      Maybe Florida will get lucky and heat/humidity really does stem the spread. But I would think if things get out of hand there it could be very, very bad. The first case to be found in The Villages will cause a panic. Apparently they only just a couple days ago banned big events.

Comment

• In some positive news, Hollywood royalty Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson appear to be on their road to recovery. The WuTang virus was never gonna take down Captain John H. Miller.

Comment

• Florida is about 432 cases? Hmmm. Yeah, when this thing starts ripping through the Del Boca Vistas of the world it's going to be a bad.

Comment

• The future of America is in good hands with it's far sighted youth.

Capture.JPG
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Crazy ass Zionists on verge of a vaccine? https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...vaccine-619101

The gold rush is on. No hugely expensive clinical trials to deal with as everything gets fast-tracked. Show pre-clinical efficacy and safety and fucking go! So outlay dollars are greatly reduced and the reward is, at a minimum, Global Hero Status.

Comment

• Think I mentioned it a couple days ago but it's probably very likely now that it was circulating at Mardi Gras (Feb. 25). Louisiana is tied for 4th in most deaths and has more confirmed cases than much larger states like Texas, Georgia, Ohio, and Virginia.

A significant share of Colorado's cases aren't in the Denver area but at the ski resort towns. Eagle County (home to Vail and Beaver Creek) has more known cases than Denver County at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X