No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's waaayyy different than Mueller. With Russia, there was no underlying collusion at all and then the only issue was whether firing Comey (and doing other things) amounted to covering up or obstruction. So, literally, he stood accused of covering up/obstructing a crime that did not exist. Further, the central obstruction case involved him wanted to fire people he had authority to fire, could have fired, and didn't fire. That was a massive reach.

Here, the attempt isn't to cover up a crime that doesn't exist, but rather to commit a substantive crime/impeachable offense. This instance is a direct. He also, it would seem, clearly used his authority to take steps to effectuate the desired result. That is, they actually held up the aid. And, TBH, they probably held it up as much as they could. So, they did as much arm-twisting as they could.

Whereas in Mueller, if he wanted someone fired he could have fired him. The fact that they weren't fired certainly suggests to a normal person that he didn't much care if he was fired or not.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Comics' take on the impeachment stuff.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Another Fox poll that Trump won't like

Biden 51, Trump 39
          Warren 46, Trump 41

Democratic primary voters increasingly feel the need to nominate a candidate who can beat President Trump in 2020, and more think Joe Biden can do that than any of the other top Democratic hopefuls.  In addition, while most Democratic primary voters are satisfied with their field, over a quarter wish they had other options, according to a new Fox News Poll. 

Comment

• Comment

• If Trump was really smart, what he'd do is pretty much stop all opposition to the impeachment process.

Sit back, pop some popcorn, and watch the Dems flail away with all their accusations.

Let Midget Nadler act like the tough guy. Let Schiff be the owl in the headlights. Let Pelosi stammer her way to gaveling the articles "have been approved"

Let them bring their articles to the Senate, where he, just like Bill Clinton, is guaranteed an acquittal.

Then he, just like Clinton, can have a massive pep rally on the Capitol steps.

Then Hillary can come back and save the day for us all.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  ....If Trump was really smart.....

He'd resign and let the country start to heal. Offer a pardon in trade.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post

He'd resign and let the country start to heal. Offer a pardon in trade.
                    I wouldn't be totally opposed to that Jon. Its pretty much what happened with Nixon.

If that kind of evidence of criminal activity is proven, it'd be the best way out for him.

Bringing charges just because he's hated, (or hateful) isn't going to work.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Trump now claiming, after weeks of demanding transcripts, that the Dems will "alter" the transcripts to make him look bad.

Comment

• This is sleazy even for President Slimeball. Totally in line with Trump's don't-deny-my-criminal-activity-but-assassinate-the-character-of-those-who-don't-kiss-my-ring policy, the White House has apparently launched a Trump declared smear campaign against Vindman.

Comment

• I wouldn't call this NYT/Sienna poll great news for Ds: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/u...legrounds.html

I think they just need to push a little more to the left.

Comment

• It's NOT great news but it's just one poll and I've got some questions: Namely Trump doing better in Michigan than Florida. Just the day before Emerson released a poll showing Biden up by 12 points in Michigan. That seems pretty high, but I'm overall skeptical of any scenario where Biden wins Florida but not Michigan.

Comment

• I'm always dubious of any NYT or NYT-related content, so the poll is probably total bullshit.

Comment

• Some interesting county-by-county unemployment maps in this article.

Comment

Working...
                                X