X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EIP2N7gWkAMj8YL?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Well, this is a pretty diverse group of fairly smart people. I don't think any of us would think not talking about pedophilia, for example, is an approach that will make it go away. Getting this kind of stuff into the open is what will take a step forward in eradicating it.
      A guy like Trump is giving them positive affirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        What does the Elite Right talk about at parties?

Anyways, there's plenty of right-wing NIMBYism too. Like the rich coastal conservatives who fought to keep off-shore drilling banned in Florida, lest their seaside views be ruined, or these ladies down in Texas who were for the Wall until being told it was planned to literally divide their country-club neighborhood in half.

https://valleycentral.com/news/speci...-in-the-middle
        Well, yes, of course but your post is pure whataboutism. My point stands. Those associated with the left's liberal thinking on all matters pertaining to immigration aren't likely to seriously commit to them when their neighborhoods and schools their children attend are encroached upon by the socioeconomically lower classes that illegal immigration across US boarders has allowed.

The threat to this cohort is worsened by libs who have no vested interest in neighborhood but who otherwise feel fine about law breaking and will willingly provide sanctuary for illegals on unjustified humanitarian grounds.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Also, fix your autocorrect, It's BORDERS, not boarders.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Accidentally deleted my post in between those two. I was going to say that I'd love the R's to take your advice and run on a platform of immigrant-bashing and little else.

Comment

• Cogent

Comment

Accidentally deleted my post in between those two. I was going to say that I'd love the R's to take your advice and run on a platform of immigrant-bashing and little else.
                  Well, if Trump survives, it worked in 2016 and I feel confident Trump thinks it will work again in 2020. Of course, the American electorate is cool to immigrant bashing - for a lot of good reasons, actually - and if that is the tack he takes, as you say, it's not a winning strategy.

But on illegal immigration, if he can make that case and stick to it (not likely because as I've said, he'll fuck up the optics) that is a winning strategy. So is opposing open boarders, the whacko liberal left's quick-sand. So is any mention of blanket amnesty for illegals and probably their off-spring (DACA) who came to the US up to decades ago and have established themselves a "model citizens." Rational Americans are against that. Reasonable pathways to citizenship for this crowd, sure, but the appropriate fear coming from the right is, give the whacko left an inch and they'll take a mile on this important issue.

In general, does the US need immigration reform especially as it relates to illegals who got in during the Obama administration's lax enforcement of immigration law? Yes it does but I don't think Trump or any D candidate can make it happen in a way that suits the diverse views of congressional Representatives and Senators. Such is life in the American democracy.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff-

Scroll down a bit and you'll see polling on "do you approve of how Trump is handling immigration?". I acknowledge this is out of date but I don't believe it has sharply improved in the past 8 months.

And no, I don't think a voluntary, online poll on a conservative website is the equivalent of professional pollsters.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush/Barack Obama is handling -- [ROTATED]? How about -- ?

Also this. Note Republicans have significantly dimmer views of immigration, even LEGAL immigration, than both Democrats and Independents. Independents tend to be closer to Dems on immigration issues.

"Overall, do you believe that immigration is good for the country or bad for the country?"
                    Good Bad Unsure/
                    No answer
                    % % %
                    7/25-28/19 70 17 13
                    Republicans 49 32 19
                    Democrats 87 7 6
                    Independents 75 13 12

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

In general, does the US need immigration reform especially as it relates to illegals who got in during the Obama administration's lax enforcement of immigration law? Yes it does but I don't think Trump or any D candidate can make it happen in a way that suits the diverse views of congressional Representatives and Senators. Such is life in the American democracy.
                      Another Fox News trope. As stated numerous times in this thread, the illegal immigration numbers crested during the GWB administration. The country got by. Is it about illegal immigration is or the brown, yellow and black skin you talked about in that earlier post?

Trump is cutting legal immigration and drastically cutting refugee admittance. It is fucking abhorrent. If someone says, "I don't like his bigotry but I like his policies" it kind of means they don't care about the bigotry.

Comment

Jeff-

Scroll down a bit and you'll see polling on "do you approve of how Trump is handling immigration?". I acknowledge this is out of date but I don't believe it has sharply improved in the past 8 months.

And no, I don't think a voluntary, online poll on a conservative website is the equivalent of professional pollsters.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush/Barack Obama is handling -- [ROTATED]? How about -- ?

Also this. Note Republicans have significantly dimmer views of immigration, even LEGAL immigration, than both Democrats and Independents. Independents tend to be closer to Dems on immigration issues.

"Overall, do you believe that immigration is good for the country or bad for the country?"
                        Good Bad Unsure/
                        No answer
                        % % %
                        7/25-28/19 70 17 13
                        Republicans 49 32 19
                        Democrats 87 7 6
                        Independents 75 13 12

https://www.pollingreport.com/immigration.htm
                        Consistently in polls immigration is popular in areas where immigrants live and more unpopular where there aren't many immigrants. Probably the pack a gun if you go to Chicago people.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Consistently in polls immigration is popular in areas where immigrants live and more unpopular where there aren't many immigrants. Probably the pack a gun if you go to Chicago people.
                          Somewhat related to that...I believe polls and statistics have demonstrated that the fewer Muslims you personally know, the more likely you are to dislike and fear Islam

Comment

• Immigration, as an issue, depends on how it's framed. If it's framed by asking "do you support the batshit crazy proposals coming from almost every major D candidate" then it loses overwhelmingly. If it's framed as "children in cages" -- well, obviously. But, PDJT has pushed the Ds into preposterous positions. If you think voters support free everything for illegals, well, LMAO. But, I say go for it -- run on all that free shit -- FREE COLLEGE -- for ILLEGAL immigrants. Run on it. It's a winning issue!

Finally, the bullshit asylum claims have to be fixed. HAVE TO. A high crime rate is not cause for asylum. End. Of. Story. Nor is being in a poor country. End. Of. Story. Of course, that makes me a racist, but I can live with that. Given the source.
                            Last edited by iam416; November 1, 2019, 06:56 AM.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, on a state level, Rs are kicking ass in Florida. Super high approval ratings for both Senators and off the charts high for the DeSantis. PDJT may have a chance there. Especially if the Ds going nutso.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Iowa poll released this morning had Biden in fourth place. Not good

Comment

Working...
                                X