Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're such a partisan shill.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I should have known when DSL didn't provide the actual tweets that it was a total canard. A tweet filtered through the #GentryCommunist filter of Strangewoke. And when called on it, it's just a matter of snarking it up.

Hopefully there will be lots more bad news for him to post today.

Comment

• Comment

• You can continue to conjure up things I never said. It's your way. And, I'll continue to take you task for the bullshit you DO say.

Last edited by iam416; August 6, 2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• For Fruit and DSL ........I will take a bow this morning for posting last night that the Chinese Central Bank was very unlikely to simply let the Yuan seek it's own level in relationship to the US$$$ and not intervene to prop it up. Accordingly and sadly for DSL, this is not 1929 all over again.

Dow Futures are up 291 points, about 1%. If you cashed out your equity holdings yesterday you sold low and will miss the rebound. That is the typical problem with market timers or those that get too emotionally involved with their investments and therefor act irrationally on that emotion. They miss the rebounds. History demonstrates that large market ups and downs are closely clustered making it nigh impossible to time getting in or getting out. Still, there are proponents of market timing as an investment strategy and will be glad to show you all kinds of technical analysis to support their views ........ hello, it doesn't work. But I digress.

I'm going to speculate that there is some back room dealing going on involving the "stupid" people advising the president and their Chinese counterparts. This kind of shit doesn't just happen because the Chicoms are nice people. They are tough negotiators with a much longer view than that of the US. There's bound to be a quid-pro-quo here. The Chinese also have a rep for being fiercely honest ..... IOW, they don't pull punches but they will try a feint or two. When they say they are going to do something, they ultimately do it. That's a picture, you would think, of contrasts between the two leaders, Xi and Trump. But wait ......outwardly, DJT and his administration project a bad rep for honesty and straight forwardness but, as is usually the case, what we see on the book's cover is not necessarily reflective of what is actually inside said book.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Talent- genuine apology for getting nasty and heated. Got a lot of work today but wanted to say that before I put the phone away for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                For Fruit and DSL ........I will take a bow this morning for posting last night that the Chinese Central Bank was very unlikely to simply let the Yuan seek it's own level in relationship to the US$$$ and not intervene to prop it up. Accordingly and sadly for DSL, this is not 1929 all over again.

Dow Futures are up 291 points, about 1%. If you cashed out your equity holdings yesterday you sold low and will miss the rebound. That is the typical problem with market timers or those that get too emotionally involved with their investments and therefor act irrationally on that emotion. They miss the rebounds. History demonstrates that large market ups and downs are closely clustered making it nigh impossible to time getting in or getting out. Still, there are proponents of market timing as an investment strategy and will be glad to show you all kinds of technical analysis to support their views ........ hello, it doesn't work. But I digress.

I'm going to speculate that there is some back room dealing going on involving the "stupid" people advising the president and their Chinese counterparts. This kind of shit doesn't just happen because the Chicoms are nice people. They are tough negotiators with a much longer view than that of the US. There's bound to be a quid-pro-quo here. The Chinese also have a rep for being fiercely honest ..... IOW, they don't pull punches but they will try a feint or two. When they say they are going to do something, they ultimately do it. That's a picture, you would think, of contrasts between the two leaders, Xi and Trump. But wait ......outwardly, DJT and his administration project a bad rep for honesty and straight forwardness but, as is usually the case, what we see on the book's cover is not necessarily reflective of what is actually inside said book.
                Yeah I never said shit about the Dow yesterday. Cool story Glenn.

Comment

• DSL:

Like it or not, we need to find comity with football upcoming and HARBAUGH!!!! proclaiming M defending B10 co-champs and Sparty losing their god-damned fucking mind with uniforms. Ohio once saved this blessed country from the clutches of the treasonous conquered people. We can do it again. You can be General Rosecrans to my General Grant any day.

Comment

• perhaps talent is back to his sandbaggus emeritus status in downplaying trumps chances of reelection

Read a whole JB post--may have to read another

far as guns go--new York is one of the toughest in the country as far as gun laws go and ranks 48th in gun homicides. impressive. Chicago is also gun free but 3000 people have been shot there. I don't know what the answer is but I think you leave it to the states. every state is unique in its rural and urban population. when you have a guy who stops at walmart to eat then decides to shoot up the place or a guy without a record who by all accounts was a loon, identified many times as a possible mass shooter and still able to get a gun killing multiple people including a sisiter--not sure you can stop anyone if people like him skate throughgunless you strongly include mental health providers-and theres never gonna be enough of those to identify and more importantly report the loons to the proper authorities who then can regulate them from obtaining firearms. be interesting to know if the dayton shooter triggered any proffesionals to red flag him.

Comment

• and the dow is up today

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Yeah I never said shit about the Dow yesterday.....
                        Yeah, but you continue to insist Trump's administration is full of stupid people advising him on trade. I'm certain you will continue to do that while the Trump administration may very well turn out to be the first to actually get China to correct it's long standing unfair trade practices.

Goes back as far as Jimmy Carter who severed diplomatic relations with China over Taiwan and trade but then had two administrations (Reagan And Bush I) back track on a hard China line. Obama talked a lot about it but didn't achieve anything. Trump? We'll see.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It is full of stupid people, its indisputable at this point. But keep up the nonsense about the Dow.

Comment

• By now, an administration with smart people wouldn't have said they were going to nominate Judy Shelton and John Ratcliffe.

Comment

• The NYT had the temerity to run a headline that said "Trump Urges Unity v Racism". Now, I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with that, but, boy, was there ever something wrong with it...

The response was swift from Communist Leader Palin-Cortez:
                              Let this front page serve as a reminder of how white supremacy is aided by - and often relies upon - the cowardice of mainstream institutions.
                              Fellow comrade Corey Booker was equally as grave:

Other reds, of course, followed suit and, eventually, the NYT rewrote the on-line version: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ne/1929546001/

Once again the NYT shows that it takes its marching order from the likes of Palin-Cortez. Newspaper of record. LMAO.

Comment

• Talent - You a Civil War buff? Have a question if you are.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X