Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D4uB86NWkAYdR6H.jpg:large.jpg

funny how they all misspelled worshipers exactly the same way.

Comment

• well back to the Mueller report

while purusing cnn I found this little gem

Scott Jennings writes that a key takeaway from the Mueller report is that Barack Obama’s administration failed the United States with its tepid response to Russian interference in our democracy.

I do think the coverage for sri lanka has been just as intense as the new Zealand muslim killings.

you'd think after thousands of years--the religious wars would have played themselves out--now thanks to social media and all the networks seems worse then ever.

the 21st century crusades

Comment

• The militia group that was in the news for detaining illegals and handing them over to Border Patrol is interesting, not in what they are doing, I think they have the right to make a citizen's arrest and I think they have the right to carry weapons. I think he will have charges dismissed. At least I hope so. What is astounding to me is that this smallish militia that travels to the border and camps out has detained 5,600 illegals in just two months with zero violent incidents. No deaths, not discharged their weapons once.

It's all fairly impressive.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Trump and the Trump Organization are suing House Dems and one of the Trump Org's accounting firms to prevent said firm from complying with a congressional subpoena

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Trump and the Trump Organization are suing House Dems and one of the Trump Org's accounting firms to prevent said firm from complying with a congressional subpoena

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...-Complaint.pdf
            good. He should fight this stupid bullshit every step of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              The militia group that was in the news for detaining illegals and handing them over to Border Patrol is interesting, not in what they are doing, I think they have the right to make a citizen's arrest and I think they have the right to carry weapons. I think he will have charges dismissed. At least I hope so. What is astounding to me is that this smallish militia that travels to the border and camps out has detained 5,600 illegals in just two months with zero violent incidents. No deaths, not discharged their weapons once.

It's all fairly impressive.

too bad New Mexico's governor withdrew troops from the border, 5600 illegals in 2 months by a militia is a ton, imagine the numbers if the governor wasn't putting party politics over the people of her state.

Comment

• The governor of New Mexico ordered the states National Guard to withdraw a majority of its troops in place at the southern border.
                Last edited by Kapture1; April 22, 2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• D4wN1mfXkAAOTpk.jpg

Comment

• At the very least, that militia should apply for a contract with the Government. Forget Blackwater. This militia is very good at what they do. 5,600 detained peacefully at no cost. It's impressive.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And while a few on the Left had gone through verbal gymnastics to avoid calling it "an attack on Christians" I am not sure I care. Obviously, Easter is a Christian observance. If the attack had been on Jews at Yom Kippur. Or Muslims on Ramadan, I think most would know who had been attacked even if they mentioned the holiday as opposed to the religion.

Comment

• the point is not that I think people won't know it was Christians who were attacked, by omitting the word, and bending over backwards to apologize and comfort specifically the Muslim community and faith after the NZ shooting and the like, is a kin to them never saying radical Islam after the Pulse shooting and others. they continue to bend over backwards to appease Islam and to marginalize Christians, again, because Christianity is too white, too Western, and that is not the direction of their progress.

It is not the IT, but that they are fucking garbage for having DONE it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Trump and the Trump Organization are suing House Dems and one of the Trump Org's accounting fwant oversoightirms to prevent said firm from complying with a congressional subpoena

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...-Complaint.pdf

That one will be laughed out of court.

"We don't want oversight so we'll throw out the usual tired fantasy slop our slack jawed base believes and spin how we're taking the dems to court!"
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                            the point is not that I think people won't know it was Christians who were attacked, by omitting the word, and bending over backwards to apologize and comfort specifically the Muslim community and faith after the NZ shooting and the like, is a kin to them never saying radical Islam after the Pulse shooting and others. they continue to bend over backwards to appease Islam and to marginalize Christians, again, because Christianity is too white, too Western, and that is not the direction of their progress.

It is not the IT, but that they are fucking garbage for having DONE it.
                            I don't think saying "attacks on Easter Worshippers" marginalizes Christians. Just like if this were an attack on a mosque saying "attacks on Ramadan worshippers" would marginalize Muslims.

My milage varies on that. I am not sure replacing Christian with Easter has any effect - other than making them look a bit silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I don't think saying "attacks on Easter Worshippers" marginalizes Christians. Just like if this were an attack on a mosque saying "attacks on Ramadan worshippers" would marginalize Muslims.

My milage varies on that. I am not sure replacing Christian with Easter has any effect - other than making them look a bit silly.
                              point is they wouldn't say "attack on Ramadan worshippers", they would say the "Attack on X and the global Muslim community. We must continue to fight the perpetuation and normalization of Islamophobia and racism..."

Comment

• I don't think it was done consciously. social media bends it that way I supposes. Hillary calls it easter worshipers they all call it easter worshipers.

but it is amazing when you watch cbs/msnbc/cnn et al when a prhase gets ballyed around how much repetition there is for that phrase from Pelosi to the dnc cadnidates to the"expert panels" of each network whatevet the theme for the day is that phrase is used a hundred times.

Comment

Working...
                                X