No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we just ff to 2019 and watch the subpoenas start flying already.

Comment

• threatens to cut GM subsidies because of plant closings. Trouble is, the only "subsidy" of any importance is a $7500 tax credit that goes to consumers, not GM. More empty whining from the POSOTUS.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
        Can we just ff to 2019 and watch the subpoenas start flying already.
        Jerome Corsi is desperately leaking everything Mueller has given him to the media now

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I don't think taking away a subsidy is the same as "raising one's taxes"

I love how the dims now love corporate welfare.
          If you're going to have the subsidy, it shouldn't be determinate upon doing what the President finds politically beneficial.

And as Ghenghis points out, it's a stupid kind of threat anyways.

But hey, just more proof that Trumpists favor government intervention in the economy.

Comment

• The White House is refusing to allow Gina Haspel, the head of the CIA, to brief the Senate on Saudi Arabia and Khashoggi's murder

The White House is preventing the CIA director, Gina Haspel, or any other intelligence official from briefing the Senate on the murder of Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist, Jamal Khashoggi.

The secretary of state, Mike Pompeoaudio tapes

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

If you're going to have the subsidy, it shouldn't be determinate upon doing what the President finds politically beneficial.

And as Ghenghis points out, it's a stupid kind of threat anyways.

But hey, just more proof that Trumpists favor government intervention in the economy.
                correct, it should be what the American people find beneficial. like cutting jobs in China and Mexico rather than the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  The White House is refusing to allow Gina Haspel, the head of the CIA, to brief the Senate on Saudi Arabia and Khashoggi's murder

The White House is preventing the CIA director, Gina Haspel, or any other intelligence official from briefing the Senate on the murder of Saudi dissident and Washington Post columnist, Jamal Khashoggi.

The secretary of state, Mike Pompeoaudio tapes

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...el-white-house
                  remember when Killary wanted to Khashoggi Julian Assange?

i do

Comment

• It is currently 21 fucking degrees in Podunk Falls, Alabama.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Good

Comment

• Yeah, F AA.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It ruins my morning walk, where I stop and chat up the pretty widow woman. She always makes me a cup
                          of coffee and we sit on her porch while Ranger chases her lab.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            I think Ocasio-Cortez is young, idealistic, and completely in over her head. Given time, she can probably get it together.
                            She can certainly get more polished and over time she can come up with answers that make her look less stupid. With that said, she'll never have to. She has a 45 year career in the House if she wants it. Her district will absolutely never vote her out and if she ran for President today, she would probably do no worse than John McCain. In less than 20 years she can win if today's demographic trends continue.

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            The image is of a non-player character. Something to do with video games that the right is using as sass toward the left.
                            It's a reference to the phenomenon of robotic, scripted responses to inputs (e.g. DSL making constant references to the evils of white nationalism without ever putting forth some sort of fact-based argument as to why we should embrace unfettered immigration from the third world or why it's wrong to prefer immigration from the first world).

Comment

• Oh the travails of life in Podunk Falls

Comment

Working...
                              X