No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So stop whining about it yourself then. Go back to explaining how it is that fact-injection was a circus until the guy that doesn't really mean it did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

A couple things. Obvious reference to expediency being not particularly high on one party's list. But, more importantly, there's no truce on this. I can't see it. As much as folks clamored for an FBI investigation, that's not actually what they want. They want delay. The investigation is a pretense. There is nothing they uncover that is going to change the vote of a single D. At least that's my opinion. I could be wrong. I've been wrong on numerous occasions.

So, this window-dressing is pretty much just that. The people screeching for an investigation won't change their mind. They'll say it was too short (after numerous Ds said we could do it in a few days; how a week stay for an investigation; 4 or 5 days, that's all -- no delay). That's my prediction. If I'm wrong I'll eat those words. The people who thought the investigation would be a joke will say, AHA! Look at the Investigation! And none of the fundamental facts will have changed.

At the end of the day there will still be a thousand mile gap. And what's worse is I that these things aren't going to dial back down. The next big showdown will somehow be worse. I can't imagine it, but that's the way it goes. Until the terrorists bomb the shit out of us and we all unite for 18 months.
      That's entirely possible.

Comment

• I don't know what the markers of credibility will be, but Judge is one. This isn't a criminal investigation though, so he can't be compelled to testify, if I have it right. She's taken a polygraph; he should too. But it seems like the idea here is that Trump sets the parameters. Not the investigators. Trump's weird comment about being unsure if the candidate continues notwithstanding, I still think the most logical outcome is providing Collins and Murkowski some cover. Flake is going to be a lobbyist in a few months, most likely, and he'll be owed some favors he can cash in at that time.

Comment

• only if Judge takes one on the day of his grandmothers funeral, asked two indirect questions while crying, and at someone else's expense.

all things being equal here

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah, man. That's the YUUUUUGE risk when you draw 55/45 districts instead of 80/20.
            That district is drawn well though, it doesn't have the have the hallmarks of gerrymandered one There is one in the Metro area that looks like hangman. The 14th CD is ridiculous

Comment

• Jesus Christ. Hack whining, Talent pontificating, Jeff slobbering on Talent's micro genitalia.

All of you, for the love of sweet baby Jesus, get back to being shit boots and stop this.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Just saw a new NRCC attack ad on Slotkin, followed by a new Bishop ad.

AA - I know you are going to try, but shit boot ain't sticking.

Comment

• Fucking shameful fucking shit, AA.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent- Exactly. Shameful. If I wanted estrogen, I would go back to the Teen Vogue website. I mean, uh, I have never been there and you cannot prove that I have!

Froot- I plan to carry the shit boot banner. My superior self-actualization super power means that I do not care if anyone else uses it. You fucking shit boot.

The rest of you, take a fucking Midol before I kick all of you in your gaping front-hole man twats.
                    Last edited by AlabamAlum; September 28, 2018, 07:00 PM.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Topshelf

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Oddly, that probably would have drawn a rather PC lecture from linesman. I got quite a few of those.

Comment

• If directed at Paul. Certainly.

Comment

• When I first got back here, Jeff cautioned me for being mean. Or something. What made it funny was that someone, I don't remember who, had called me a dickhead, which apparently was perfectly fine.

Jeff = linesman with longer posts.

Look, it's 7:30 and I have already had a couple of wine spritzers. The claws are coming out, bitches.

Comment

• You ARE a dickhead. And Buchanan is Liney with more words and less sensibility. Liney was the LLLLoyd of forum moderators. Maybe good at one time, but slowly drifting to oblivion. Buchanan is the Hoke. Doomed from the jump by sheer incompetence. I, of course, was The Nick of forum moderators.
                                Last edited by iam416; September 28, 2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X