Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okra. Yea or Nay?

My wife likes boiled okra. I can't stand the slimy shit. I won't even put it in gumbo. I guess I can tolerate it fried, but that is about it

okra-raw.jpg
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You fellows might remember a couple of years ago I mentioned that my sources within the FBI had told me that the laptops of Mills and Samuelson had not been destroyed. Much derision ensued. The IG report that was recently released contains interesting information in that regard.
      http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...aides-laptops/
      Keep in mind that any immunity agreement has at its core a statement that the person receiving immunity has told the whole truth and stands ready for further testimony if needed.

You fellows might want to read the stipulation in Flores v Reno during the Clinton administration. That is where this silly 20 day period comes from. If the President were to change that to 75 days by EO, it would be challenged immediately in court. The answer is to pass legislation to extend the 20 day period, but Schumer has already said that he would not support that in the Senate. Typically, the only "solution" that the Dems are in favor of is for the President to behave lawlessly like President Obama and not enforce the law.

Comment

• Logging in for the first time since the new format for this forum. Not totally oriented yet but following with interest.

Comment

• How anybody can eat this shit is beyond me main-qimg-cbf76cc77c20cdd2e9041360241ca88d-c.jpg
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ACLU said that Trump's EO replaces one crisis for another, children don't belong in jail at all, even with their parents, under any circumstances.

Fucking told you.

Comment

• DgJywfMXUAcqZGK.jpg

Comment

• This is ok, I guess. It needs ketchup or maybe some ranch to dip it in, though.

1371599970530.jpg

Comment

• . IMG_4072.jpg

Comment

• Not so sure about this...

image?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-image.myrecipes.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Fmedium_2x%2Fpublic%2Fimage%2Frecipes%2Fsl%2F14%2F06%2Fsmash-fried-okra-sl-x.jpg%3Fitok%3DJKL4gGIg&w=700&q=85.jpg

Comment

• This looks like that frozen shit out of a bag

Southern20Fried20Okra204_zps20urp50i.jpg

Comment

• But this shit? No way

cooking-okra.jpg

Comment

• I mean, really? How could anybody eat this shit?

IMG_0845.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                            You fellows might remember a couple of years ago I mentioned that my sources within the FBI had told me that the laptops of Mills and Samuelson had not been destroyed. Much derision ensued. The IG report that was recently released contains interesting information in that regard.
                            http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...aides-laptops/
                            Keep in mind that any immunity agreement has at its core a statement that the person receiving immunity has told the whole truth and stands ready for further testimony if needed.

You fellows might want to read the stipulation in Flores v Reno during the Clinton administration. That is where this silly 20 day period comes from. If the President were to change that to 75 days by EO, it would be challenged immediately in court. The answer is to pass legislation to extend the 20 day period, but Schumer has already said that he would not support that in the Senate. Typically, the only "solution" that the Dems are in favor of is for the President to behave lawlessly like President Obama and not enforce the law.
                            Both Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz appear on Fox almost daily and are their go-to legal experts and both have gone on record to say there is absolutely no law requiring the Fed government to prosecute every single illegal immigrant to the fullest extent of the law and therefore separate kids, no matter how young, from their parents, for what is a misdemeanor for 90% of illegal immigrants. None.

On Monday's broadcast of the Fox News Channel's "Special Report," George Washington Law Professor Jonathan Turley stated, "the administration does not | Clips

Comment

• I'll post the article again because Kapture clearly didn't look at it...else he would know that the human trafficking justification was developed after the fact. DHS cites the 315% increase but aside from it being dramatically overblown as a threat, the administration was already planning to toughen the separation policy in the early part of 2017, which was long before the rise in trafficking stats was observed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Both Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz appear on Fox almost daily and are their go-to legal experts and both have gone on record to say there is absolutely no law requiring the Fed government to prosecute every single illegal immigrant to the fullest extent of the law and therefore separate kids, no matter how young, from their parents, for what is a misdemeanor for 90% of illegal immigrants. None.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...their-mothers/
                                qJ15G4iIkNlYxhrOd2MfSXyRkpe0sCfiycXOtWTq2qU.jpg?w=1001&s=ef163db7cd4c5753c224ce6f188568f7.jpg

The 0bama administration was sued for not separating kids and adults. 9th circuit ruled about the Obama-era policy of keeping children together with parents violated the 1997 Flores settlement.

point ii. is important. if they came with their parent and that parent is being prosecuted, they are not available to provide care or physical custody.
                                Last edited by Kapture1; June 20, 2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X