Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

at the event it's being played, clearly. dipshit
    It says all present at a rendition of the national anthem. It makes no distinction between a recording and a live performance. A rendition is a rendition. And if the image of a flag stands you should clearly stand.

And you don't stand at home because there's no peer pressure to stand. It's the "patriot's" version of a Sunday Christian. He prays loudly and demonstratively while in church with his neighbors all around him. It's also the only time all week he prays.

More importantly, if you want to honor the troops you should be listening to AA's video. By choosing to post instead of honoring the troops shows you hate America. A shame, really.
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 6, 2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Loving your country means standing for 2 minutes at the 3 or 4 football games a year you attend.

Comment

• I've only been to KFC. There is a chain in Detroit called Captain Jays fish and chicken that is supposed to be good. Maybe I've had Churchs.

Comment

• Cane's is great. Popeye's with slight edge maybe because of more options? Never had Church's. Ate Zaxby's only once and it was so long ago I remember nothing. KFC is the McDonald's of this conversation.

On a related note, we have a wing chain called Roosters here in Ohio that's significantly better than BW3 if you're ever stuck here craving wings. Following off on that tangent, did anyone know that Arby's bought BW3? Had no idea until i saw an article recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

No. I am talking about lumping everyone's motives in a fluid social movement or protest into one group because of the statement from one of the people in that group - especially when we are talking about the benign act of standing or kneeling. I think it reasonable that many of the people did it strictly to support a teammate. Hell, I would do it because I am a contrarian and do not like forced exhibitions of patriotic or religious social conformity.

If you are are gonna critique analogies - bad or not- try to understand the point of the author.

Now,

The 5 best chicken chains:

1. Popeyes. No debate here will be allowed.

2. Cane's

3. Zaxby's

4. KFC

5. Church's
            1. Popeye's. No doubt.

2. Chic-Fil-A. There is no better chicken sandwich. Anywhere. Their tenders are only second to Popeye's

3. Champy's. Good shit. Beer on tap. Good sides

4. KFC. Just because.

5. Zaxby's. Decent wings, but second rate otherwise.

Church's is greasy, nasty, crap.
            Last edited by CGVT; June 6, 2018, 07:19 PM.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I am sorely disappointed in you. Your posts in response to the flag, Kaep anthem non-sense from Kapture and Crash is definitely some of your best work to date. Well, that and talk of your Scottish heritage.

Bristle on.
              Once, years ago, when I started on the boards back in the halcyon days of November of 1997, I would argue vicously, prolifically, endlessly, using socratic reductios to crush my enemies and see them driven before me. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

I was an internet legend. Now, I take a Centrum Silver and talk about hot sauce.
              Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 6, 2018, 07:20 PM.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Cane's is great. Popeye's with slight edge maybe because of more options? Never had Church's. Ate Zaxby's only once and it was so long ago I remember nothing. KFC is the McDonald's of this conversation.

On a related note, we have a wing chain called Roosters here in Ohio that's significantly better than BW3 if you're ever stuck here craving wings. Following off on that tangent, did anyone know that Arby's bought BW3? Had no idea until i saw an article recently.
                BWs is always hit and miss depending, I guess, on management. I've been is some that were really good and some that sucked.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

1. Popeye's. No doubt.

2. Chic-Fil-A. There is no better chicken sandwich. Anywhere. Their tenders are only second to Popeye's

3. Champy's Good shit. Beer on tap. Good sides

4. KFC. Just because.

5. Zaxby's. Decent wings, but second rate otherwise.

Church's is greasy, nasty, crap.

Forgot about Champy's! I don't dig their sides that much, but that chicken is outstanding.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Cane's is great. Popeye's with slight edge maybe because of more options? Never had Church's. Ate Zaxby's only once and it was so long ago I remember nothing. KFC is the McDonald's of this conversation.

I have been to Roosters. Reminds me a bit of Quaker State.

Comment

Loving your country means standing for 2 minutes at the 3 or 4 football games a year you attend.
                      it's fine, sit if you want. I wouldn't want you to feel pressured into it haha

Comment

• I like KFC, but it has the worst service so slow.

Comment

It says all present at a rendition of the national anthem. It makes no distinction between a recording and a live performance. A rendition is a rendition. And if the image of a flag stands you should clearly stand.

And you don't stand at home because there's no peer pressure to stand. It's the "patriot's" version of a Sunday Christian. He prays loudly and demonstratively while in church with his neighbors all around him. It's also the only time all week he prays.

More importantly, if you want to honor the troops you should be listening to AA's video. By choosing to post instead of honoring the troops shows you hate America. A shame, really.
                          yes all present. sorry but if I listen to a live stream of a concert, it doesn't mean im present at it lol

Comment

• I found a cheap way to attend Lions games, just listen to them on the radio. If you hear it it means you're present

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I have been to Roosters. Reminds me a bit of Quaker State.
                              Yeah, that's true, now that you mention it. There's almost none here in Columbus though so it's been some years that I ate at one. Tempted to say better variety of sauces at Quaker State but that's just from distant memory.

Another (unrelated) Ohio chain that can border on the disgusting ---> Mr. Hero. Will often taste great, but many of the restaurants look like a half dozen health inspectors were murdered and stored in the freezer.

Comment

• Kaepture only loves America if others can see him standing for a live performance of the anthem. Sad, really. Any recording or transmission of the live performance completely negates his love of America. Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
                                Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 6, 2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X