No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. Protests ARE patriotic. I find nothing about the 'taking a knee movement' that qualifies as "trashing our country." That said, a business has a right to demand compliance with certain reasonable employee behaviors that they find important while said employee is "on the clock" and I think that inculdes mandating that they stand or sit or whatever as directed while dressed out at the venue. I cannot imagine, though, some fan so ridiculous that they would only watch the NFL if players stand or would refuse to watch if they did not - especially since most fans have traditionally not even seen this part of the game until it became an issue (fuck you Kaep). It's a stupid argument getting stupid people stupidly worked up. I do not like the NFL product nearly as much as the college game, but not because of standing or kneeling players before the goddamned game even starts. Trump HAS played this well, though. Making this an issue has gotten all of the Natty Light-drinking, flag bandana-wearing "America! Fuck yeah!" morons in his camp and believing that the anthem is some kind of sacrosanct oath of fidelity to the US that should be revered whenever it heard (who among us stands at home when we hear it on TV or pulls our car over and gets out when it is played on our car radio before a game we are listening to? Identify yourselves so I can mock you).
    Yep
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It is trashing the county. it's the Progresives world view, America was never great. We are a deeply misogynistic, racist country and we will never overcome our original sin of slavery. At least until you white people admit your privilege and we destroy the racist, oppressive capitalist system and that dusty outdated Constitution written by slave owners.

That's American History through the lens of Howard Zinn, it IS trashing the nation, because this nation is none of those things.
      Last edited by Kapture1; June 6, 2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• no, it's not trashing America, it has nothing to do with that, it's just protest of our deeply racist country. not trashing America, you got it all wrong.

161127122838-01-colin-kaepernick-malcom-x-castro-shirt-0826-super-tease.jpg

imagine this if you will... people use to come together over the NFL, it was a unifying institution for this country. a space for people to get away from politics and work, and enjoy some entertainment. enter Progressivism, and completely destroy that unifying space.

so it's really not that hard to imagine people saying take your football, your union, your entire field and shove it up your ass.

America First.
        Last edited by Kapture1; June 6, 2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• If Putin's cock holster is so concerned about "sacrosanct oath of fidelity", perhaps he should carefully consider that military members take an oath to defend this nation against all enemies "foreign AND DOMESTIC" without an expiration date. He certainly fails in the latter category.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Oh ffs it is not trashing anything. You are manufacturing intent without facts. It's taking a knee while the anthem is played - nothing more, unless the person kneeling has done something else. There is no citizenship requirement to stand and there is no accepted or universal definition that equates kneeling with trashing. In fact, kneeling has traditionally been considered a gesture of even more reverence. In olden times, you kneel -not stand- before your God and king.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Oh ffs it is not trashing anything. You are manufacturing intent without facts. It's taking a knee while the anthem is played - nothing more, unless the person kneeling has done something else. There is no citizenship requirement to stand and there is no accepted or universal definition that equates kneeling with trashing. In fact, kneeling has traditionally been considered a gesture of even more reverence. In olden times, you kneel -not stand- before your God and king.
                lol

well we know the reason WHY they are kneeling, so no, I'm NOT manufacturing intent.

only a piece of shit would kneel during the honoring of our nation's heroes. period.

no there is no requirement to stand, but as mentioned only a piece of shit would dishonor our country and nation's heroes in such a way.

It's not like these players don't have a platform. wrong place, wrong time.

Comment

• You know why each of them are kneeling? You have surveyed them and they all "replied, "Hey, Kapture. Just trashing America. No big deal."

I doubt you stand for the anthem at home. Are you a piece of shit? Or do the heroes only need you to stand at ball games?

As far as wrong place, wrong time, they are doing it to get attention. And they have gotten tons of that from the room-temp IQ crowd. But, yeah, the NFL has the right to stop it. Fine.

Comment

• Looks as if somebody needs a little alone time to fondle his guns in Mom's basement.

Jesus. Get over your faux patriot indignation. Come back when you've done something for this country other than rant and spew misinformed hate.
                    Last edited by CGVT; June 6, 2018, 11:27 AM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Gonna fill the Yeti with some sweet ass Natty Lite, put the flag bandana on, hop in the F-150, turn the Travis Tritt up to 11, and go kick the shit out of anyone I see kneeling.

You communist motherfuckers aren't gonna trash the good ol' U.S. of fucking A on my watch.

Comment

• Gotta lose the Yeti. They are anti-NRA and gun rights. (not really, but the morons thinks they are, so dammit, Boycott!)

Comment

• That's correct , the Yeti is virtue signaler you can't afford.

Comment

• Fuckin' Yeti...

Comment

• The NFL product on the field is almost unwatchable now, that last Superbowl barely resembled the game we grew up with.

Comment

• Agreed WF. And with that, I have a tee time. My short game has gone to shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X