Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donny, you're out of your element!!

Comment

• No, you’re not wrong, Strangelove, you’re just an asshole.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ok then

Comment

• To be clear, that’s a BL line. Your Mel Brooks loving ass probably only knows a few lines.

Comment

• Yeah, well, that's just your opinion, man

Comment

• On a related note, did ANYONE here like Hail Caesar? I thought it was one of the most disappointing things I've seen since my cholesterol levels

Comment

• Disappointing by Coen Bros standards. Still better than anything Mel Brooks did.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Disappointing by Coen Bros standards. Still better than anything Mel Brooks did.
                  Boy, I'd genuinely disagree. The only thing that made me laugh was when all the Commie blacklisted writers rowed out to the Soviet sub. That was so silly it did make me laugh. Otherwise a pretty humorless affair.

Maybe I should watch again. The whole Scarlet Johansson/Esther Williams subplot was entirely unnecessary except for padding the film. Oh I guess I did like Tilda Swinton as the twin sister/Hedda Hopper parody too.

Comment

• In one of Strangelove’s more candid moments, back many years ago when we were chums, he confessed to me that no man tickles his funny bone like Tim Conway. He celebrates his entire catalogue, though he’s particularly fond of The Apple Dumpling Gang series and, of course, the timeless genius of Dorf on Golf.

So, it’s not surprising that he loathes Joel and Ethan Coen.

Comment

• You despicable brigand. You omit that you and I were in heated discussion debating the relative merits of Dorf on Golf or Leslie Neilson's abominable "Bad Golf Made Easier". You swore allegiance to the latter, it being released closely around the time of "Dracula: Dead and Loving It", which was among your favorite films of the mid-90's and described by you on the CNN forums as "Peak Brooks".

Comment

• You speak poison with two tongues, Magua.

Comment

• The Washington Post reports tonight: “Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III informed President Trump’s attorneys last month that he is continuing to investigate the president but does not consider him a criminal target at this point, according to three people familiar with the discussions.”

Comment

• It's a Buckeye Bloodfest!
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                              https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...obert-mueller/

The Washington Post reports tonight: ?Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III informed President Trump?s attorneys last month that he is continuing to investigate the president but does not consider him a criminal target at this point, according to three people familiar with the discussions.?

It's quite possible Trump will never be accused of anything criminal. Likely, actually. Though as the article notes, Dowd was still very wary of allowing Trump to do a sit-down with Mueller because he thought the investigators were just saying this to trick Trump into lowering his guard.

Comment

• Dow futures plummet as China announces more tariffs on American goods. This time they are getting more serious, imposing 25% duties on soybeans, cars, planes, and whiskey.

After a wild session on Wednesday, stocks closed sharply higher as Wall Street erased massive losses stemming from China's announcement of new tariffs on U.S. goods.

"Trade wars are good and easily won"

Comment

Working...
                                X