No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversity, as we measure it in the US, is a joke. A principle rationale justifies overt racism. The actual results in real life fields are negligible. If one wants to use it as a justification for assisting so-called marginalized people (we really just me black folks) then fine. But quit this make-believe that a diversity of identity within a group predicts success. It doesn’t. Diversity in terms of the way people think does. But identity obviously doesn’t predict the way one thinks or their ability to think.

But there are so many fools that blindly worship at the diversity altar. Facts be damned. #GentryProgs
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• don't bother kapture right now.

Still trying to explain why epic stooge Page was handpicked and promoted to NatSec team w/ known compromising foreign and domestic ties.

Unsure if the diversity post is real.

Comment

• Well the hard science if genetic diversity is improved organisms. Inbreeding leads to stupidity.

Comment

• Well the hard science is that those organisms that thrive are superior. Merit. If that’s the analogy space we’re playing in. Seems like total silliness to me, but I’m adaptable.

The soft science, of course, is that group problem solving is not improved by identity diversity. But that’s blindingly obvious.

Anywho, I’d rather drive across bridges built by folks picked on merit. YMMV.

Comment

• Meh.

Larger pool = greater chances for success

I think the micro argument only exists because the other side of the fence still dresses up in white gowns, laments a dying era of dominance, and utilizes countries clearly not America to demonstrate the benefits of numbed buzzwords (homogenous)

Comment

• I was going to say the other day that China really isn't homogeneous but I can see where the Communist Party and one-party rule gives people that impression.

Neither is Switzerland (three official languages = homogeneity? Ok).

Comment

• Meh.

Larger pool = greater chances for success

I think the micro argument only exists because the other side of the fence still dresses up in white gowns, laments a dying era of dominance, and utilizes countries clearly not America to demonstrate the benefits of numbed buzzwords (homogenous)
                Of course you do. Facts be damned.

Larger pool = greater chance of success. Lol. Such a non sequitor. That means companies should are as many people as possible! It means engineering and marketing and legal and etc should have 1500 people on them instead of 8!

Bullshit platitudes. People have to make decisions as to who gets in and who doesn’t. There are limits. And that’s exactly what we’re talking about. I’m aware of no outcome based evidence to support identity diversity (except maybe a correlation study on women in corps). There is some to support diversity of thought.

It’s clear that the GentryProgs can’t sell Affirmative Action anymore on its own merits so they peddle diversity and underlying bullshit justifications.

Incidentally, I’m entirely fine with income-based affirmative action at our schools. I’m not fine with using identity as a proxy for the way one thinks. Apparently you are. So are the dudes in the robes you gratuitously threw into your post because you have nothing else to say.
                Last edited by iam416; February 11, 2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• DSL:

It’s neither homogeneous nor heterogeneous in terms of identity that matters. People think differently (independently of identity). Some people will never get organic chemistry; some will never be able write a coherent essay. Groups with varied ways of thinking are the key. Diversity of identity just doesn’t matter when it comes to problem solving.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Of course you do. Facts be damned.

Larger pool = greater chance of success. Lol. Such a non sequitor. That means companies should are as many people as possible! It means engineering and marketing and legal and etc should have 1500 people on them instead of 8!

Bullshit platitudes. People have to make decisions as to who gets in and who doesn?t. There are limits. And that?s exactly what we?re talking about. I?m aware of no outcome based evidence to support identity diversity (except maybe a correlation study on women in corps). There is some to support diversity of thought.

It?s clear that the GentryProgs can?t sell Affirmative Action anymore on its own merits so they peddle diversity and underlying bullshit justifications.

Incidentally, I?m entirely fine with income-based affirmative action at our schools. I?m not fine with using identity as a proxy for the way one thinks. Apparently you are. So are the dudes in the robes you gratuitously threw into your post because you have nothing else to say.
                    I think you misunderstand me.

I'm not a proponent of AA, but I'm not at a loss in understanding where that pendulum swing came from. I don't find it surprising that the left continues to redefine/repackage the same fundamental idea. that doesn't mean I endorse it. Id agree with you on income-based affirmative action.

I am a proponent of merit based hiring/promotion/advancement because the absence of it breeds toxic leadership. That being said, it is a joke to think this country isn't full of people in positions to make decisions where merit is synonymous with not lazy, not black, not Latino, not Hebrew, not female. That's where where the ideal has and continues to breakdown.

Comment

• Ofc, the larger pool = larger chance of success wouldn't extend to enforcing employment numbers. But, it certainly applies to applicant pools.

Comment

• Diversity of thought > diversity of skin color/gender

There are greater differences within groups than there are between groups.

Comment

• When you go so far left that Buzzed has to call you out

Comment

• The long global airline safety streak comes to an end with 70+ people dying in a Russian airline crash. Cause isn't clear.

The Russian regional airliner went down within minutes, killing all 71 people on board.

Comment

• Obama did it, with Clinton's help and Mueller is covering it up. #Obvious
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

When you go so far left that Buzzed has to call you out
                                Ya, what a joke.

Honestly though, are we not being fed the same soup by Trump in terms of Russia/Putin?

Comment

Working...
                                X