No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a tremendous study in cogitative dissonance and confirmation bias for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
      the post Is a good movie
      I'll pass. I have no interest in paying to watch the woman that gave child rapist Roman Polanski a standing ovation, and knew about Weinstein for decades.

Comment

• if I quit watching movies/sporting events/tv shows based on that criteria I would no longer watch movies sporting events or tv shows

Comment

• Recognizing I don't know shit about immigration and assimilation, my morning coffee cup was accompanied by a brief search of the literature on the subject. That effort was based on my realization that as much as I wanted to, I was going to get in trouble trying to defend any immigration policy based on anecdotal evidence of a lack of assimilation.

I found two really excellent articles that readers may be able to gain some understanding of this concept of assimilation which we have all acknowledged is a hazy, ill-defined term. The second link you have to read in it's entirety to appreciate the argument the author is advancing about the multi-dimensional nature of assimilation. I did post one quote from that article here but it's important to understand how the author got there. Its a good read if you have the time.

Overall though, lessons from the Age of Mass Migration suggest that fears immigrants can?t fit into American society are misplaced. It would be a mistake to determine our nation?s immigration policy based on the belief that immigrants will remain foreigners, preserving their old ways of life and keeping themselves at arm?s length from the dominant culture. The evidence is clear that assimilation is real and measurable, that over time immigrant populations come to resemble natives, and that new generations form distinct identities as Americans.

As in war, the outcome of the immigration we are now experiencing is difficult to discern. And this is precisely what is most lacking in the continuing debate over immigration?a realistic appreciation of the powerful forces with which we are dealing. We have heard much in recent years about the daunting experiment we have embarked upon with welfare reform. Yet our immigration policy is arguably a social experiment of even greater import?with enormous potential benefits, but also enormous risks. None of us knows for sure how these millions of newcomers will affect the United States. Easy answers about computer scientists and welfare cheats don?t begin to help us address the enormity of this issue. And neither do ill-informed notions about assimilation.

Article by Peter Skerry, Nonresident Senior Fellow, Governmental Studies, the Brookings Instsitution, in Society, March/April 2000
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You should have stopped at "Recognizing I don't know shit"
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm with everyone else here who, at one time or another, have threatened to kill you themselves, considered hiring someone to kill you or otherwise inflict serious pain on you to include drawing and quartering you. Did I forget anything?
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Nope...that about covers it!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I've often wished he be forced to live the rest of his life with all his ex-wives and no internet service.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If I could kill you twice Talent...I would kill you three times.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I have memo fatigue.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shaddup and stay on topic
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Chump approves release of propaganda memo, stocks plunge almost 400 points in response to his unhinged behavior.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Everything i said has been confirmed

The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the initial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page

Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information

The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications

DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president

Comment

• Fusion GPS & Steele were part of an active campaign to brief major American media outlets

FBI & DOJ relied in part, on media reporting to lend credibility to the dossier when they made applications to the FISA courts for these warrants

Comment

• Director Andrew McCabe told the House Intelligence Committee that no surveillance warrant would have been sought for a Donald Trump campaign aide without the Steele dossier
                                This seems a little problematic. It'll be interesting to see what gaps are filled in and what counterpoints are made. But that certainly is at least a little troubling.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X