Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    He preached atheism on his social media and considered Christians to be "stupid". Sound like anyone you know?
    Me?

(J/k)
    Last edited by AlabamAlum; November 6, 2017, 10:28 AM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Am paralyzed by choice of thoughts-and-prayers-are-useless memes. Looking forward to tomorrow's Onion headlines.
      thoughts and prayers are useless... it's probably what the killer was shouting.

Comment

• Comment

• So it appears, at least from reports I read, that the Texas gunman wasn't able to legally buy a gun, i.e., subject to gun control laws AND was eventually shot by a law-abiding citizen carrying a gun.

Talk about hitting on the NRA talking points.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Nothing is better than liver and onions washed down with a nice crisp Pilsner

You... complete me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I heard his estranged ex and inlaws went to this church. He was kicked outta the air force for beating his wife and chikd and went to finish the job.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                I heard his estranged ex and inlaws went to this church. He was kicked outta the air force for beating his wife and chikd and went to finish the job.
                except it is not apparent that his estranged ex or inlaws were at the church. You know who where tho? about 50 Christians. so lets mock Christians.
                Last edited by Kapture1; November 6, 2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• There's reportedly been fake news accounts of what he believed, etc. If you aren't interested in making sure you aren't continually duped so somebody else can make a profit, well, I just don't know anymore...

Comment

• like to know what that Texan was armed with that make a guy with a bushmaster drop weapon and run

assuming talent is right and the Texan neighbor shot and killed this guy every part of this guy says PUSSY

starts shooting outside barges in church looking for wife kid and MIL to shoot
                    gets confronted outide by a citizen and evern though he had superior range and rate of fire drops the weapon and runs only to be shot by said citizen and die behind the wheel of his car

im glad this POS is dead but every aspect of his wife said PUSSY

flak ves

plan to escape and smoke himself

las vegas guy was prepared until the end
                    most other mass murders the plan is to take everyone out including whomever confronts you
                    this guy goes after his wife and kid taking out 26 innocents when she wasn't there then runs

pussy

sounds like it was an 11 mile chase before they got him

Last edited by crashcourse; November 6, 2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Cannot stress how volatile the ME is right now...past 24 hours have been very alarming

Three events in Saudi Arabia's capital that were not directly linked signal another seismic shift.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        There's reportedly been fake news accounts of what he believed, etc. If you aren't interested in making sure you aren't continually duped so somebody else can make a profit, well, I just don't know anymore...
                        I am going off of what has been reported in the news, which is that he was an outcast that preached his atheism online via social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          So it appears, at least from reports I read, that the Texas gunman wasn't able to legally buy a gun, i.e., subject to gun control laws AND was eventually shot by a law-abiding citizen carrying a gun.

Talk about hitting on the NRA talking points.
                          He purchased an AR 15 and the handguns from everything I've seen. Just got denied the concealed permit. With his background, how TF is that possible?

That's hitting the anti NRA talking points as well.

Comment

• By Leada Gore lgore@al.com
                            Police said they believe a domestic situation involving the suspect's in-laws may have played a part in Sunday's deadly shooting at a small Texas church.

Devin Kelley's motive in the massacre remains unclear, but law enforcement said in a Monday press conference they are investigating why "this particular church was targeted."

"I do believe that you will soon learn that there was perhaps a connection with this particular church, something that has not been confirmed or nailed down yet, and hence cannot be talked about. But I think what I want to convey to you is I don't think this was just a random act of violence," Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt said.

Officials said Kelley's in-laws occasionally attended the church where the shooting occurred. Twenty-six people were killed and more than 20 injured when Kelley opened fire at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs Sunday morning. Kelley later killed himself in his car after being pursued by a church member and another man.

The victims in the shooting range from 18 months to 72 and include the pastor's daughter. At least 10 of the 46 killed or wounded in the attack were children, according to Tackitt.

Freeman Martin with the Texas Department of Public Safety said there was a "domestic situation" within Kelley's family.

"This was not racially motivated. It wasn't over religious beliefs. There was a domestic situation going on with the family and in-laws," Martin said, adding Kelley had made threatening texts to his mother-in-law.

More on the shooting:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Kelley had previously been denied a state gun permit. Abbott did not provide information on why the permit was denied but Kelley received a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force in 2012 over charges of domestic abuse. It is unclear how Kelley obtained the military-style rifle used in the attack.

Among the dead is Annabelle Pomeroy, the 14-year-old daughter of church pastor Frank Pomeroy and his wife, Sherri. The Pomeroys were traveling and not at the church when the shooting happened. The visiting pastor was also killed.

Law enforcement said they seized three guns from Kelley: a Ruger-AR556 rifle, which was found at the church; a 9mm Glock handgun, which was found in the shooter's car; and a Ruger 22 handgun, which was also found in the shooter's car.

Tiny Southerland Springs, Texas is home to about 600 residents. Sunday's massacre killed roughly 4 percent of the town's population and is the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Tex. — The massacre here that killed more than two dozen people, the youngest an 18-month-old toddler, occurred amid an ongoing “domestic situation” involving the gunman and his relatives, at least one of whom had attended the church, law enforcement officials said Monday.

While authorities have not publicly identified a motive for the attack, they emphasized that the shooting did not appear to be fueled by racial or religious issues. Instead, they said he had sent “threatening texts” to his mother-in-law as part of this ongoing dispute. She had attended the church, though she was not there Sunday when the shooting occurred, officials said.

“This was not racially motivated, it wasn’t over religious beliefs,” Freeman Martin of the Texas Department of Public Safety said at a news briefing. “There was a domestic situation going on within the family and the in-laws.”

Investigators have scoured the gunman’s background since he opened fire Sunday morning on the pews of the First Baptist Church outside San Antonio, searching for a possible motive as the stories of those massacred began to emerge.

There were 26 people killed in the church attack, the latest mass attack in a seemingly safe public space. The dead included eight relatives spanning three generations in a single family. While authorities had said Sunday that the victims ranged in age from 5 to 72, they said a day later that those were the people who suffered injuries and were being treated at hospitals.

[ Death sweeps across 3 generations of a single family gathered at church ]

“Inside the church, the deceased actually ranged from 18 months to 77 years of age,” Martin said. The family that lost eight relatives said one of them was a 1-year-old girl killed in the attack.

Another 20 people were wounded at the church, 10 of whom remained in critical condition Monday, Martin said.

Texas officials early Monday identified the attacker as 26-year-old Devin Patrick Kelley of New Braunfels, about 35 miles north of Sutherland Springs.

[ The persistent crime that connects mass shooters and terrorism suspects: Domestic violence ]

They said the former Air Force member shot at the churchgoers with a Ruger assault-style rifle before coming under fire from a local man. Martin praised the efforts of “two Good Samaritans” who responded to the shooting, saying that a resident who lives near the church heard what was happening took his own rifle and began firing at the attacker, hitting him at least once.

Kelley dropped his rifle, jumped in his Ford Expedition and fled, Martin said. “Our Texas hero” flagged down another young Texan, hopped into his vehicle and they chased Kelley, Martin said.

It was “act now, ask questions later,” said the truck’s driver, Johnnie Langendorff.

[ An unlikely hero describes gun battle and 95-mph chase with Texas shooting suspect ]

During this chase, Kelley called his father on his cellphone to say “he had been shot and didn’t think he was going to make it,” Martin said. Kelley then shot himself, though the cause and manner of his death will be determined after an autopsy, Martin said.

Joe D. Tackitt Jr., the Wilson County sheriff, said Monday that Kelley’s in-laws had attended the church but were not present Sunday. They came to the scene after the shooting. In televised interviews, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) said it did not appear the church was chosen randomly, instead suggesting that it was intentionally targeted.

Three guns were recovered Sunday, according to authorities: A Ruger rifle and two handguns, one a Glock and another a Ruger, inside Kelley’s vehicle. He had purchased a total of four guns during each of the last four years, officials said.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Cannot stress how volatile the ME is right now...past 24 hours have been very alarming

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41893694
                                This is true and Kushner and Trump may have ok'ed it. Any thoughts on what a Saudi/Iran (Sunni/Shia holy war) looks like?
                                Last edited by SeattleLionsFan; November 6, 2017, 04:42 PM.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X