Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I've no interest in telling you, but rest assured, it's not in the public sector. My industry is probably 90% Republican.
    I'm pretty sure you've said it before. Not that I'll give it away, but alert readers may recall...

Comment

• So, Trump's first foreign trip is set. Which presents the silver lining to this whole dictator-in-office thing -- it's now legit to take a page from the banana-republic military playbook and stage a coup when the dictator is out of town.

Comment

• heh, with all 16 members of the military who are Democrats

Comment

• Republicans LOVE Don.

Comment

• They have either updated that Post accoint since I first read it or it is a different story. It now says Rod Rosenstein threatened to resign over the narrative that the WH pushed that he was the prime mover. We can definitely say that was false and obstruction of justice is becoming increasingly possible.

Last edited by froot loops; May 11, 2017, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              They have either updated that Post accoint since I first read it or it is a different story. It now says Rod Rosenstein treated to resign over the narrative that the WH pushed that he was the prime mover. We can definitely say that was false and obstruction of justice is becoming increasingly possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...004_story.html
              Yeah, reading that this morning as well. I think it was a late addition.

Comment

• Day 3 should be outstanding

Mr. Comey’s associates also denied the claim made by Mr. Trump, in his letter firing Mr. Comey, that the director told him on three occasions that he wasn’t under investigation. They said Mr. Comey never gave Mr. Trump any such guidance, which would violate longstanding policies on criminal investigations. “That is literally farcical,” said one associate.

Comment

• but I do care when you lie about me and you make blanket statement
                  Heed your own advice when dealing with me, Froot.

Anyway, this thread is officially total shit.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lost in all the treason and obstruction talk is the huge news that The Rock said running for president in 2020 is a real possibility. Imagine the debates. We know Stone Cold gave DJT the Stunner, the Rock giving that jabroni the verbal smack down would be glotious.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/862630386517585920[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Why? Because you've returned? :::rim shot:::

Comment

• I certainly acknowledge a role. It didn't seemed to improve any when I was gone for a few days. So, oh well. It's the Progs vs. Geezer "show".

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Heed your own advice when dealing with me, Froot.

1. Correct, I apologize for any time I did something like that to you. I will work harder in the future to pin down a quote.

2. you left the thread at the time when it needed you the most. To me Tuesday's news was pretty alarming. We need the calm dispassionate analysis of the defenestration of James Comey by Rod Rosenstein.

Comment

• Unfortunately, the good citizens of Ohio needed me. And I'd rather learn about cool endovascular equipment any day. But, lol @ the thread needed me. I like that.

The firing of Comey is the President's prerogative. It's remarkably stupid, politically. It won't derail the investigation. And he's now positioned himself as either (a) trying to cover up awful findings -- if those come out; or (b) covering up awful findings -- if the nothingburger evidence re collusion continues.

So, he's more or less lit his political parachute on fire re the alleged Russian collusion stuff. It's not that Ds would have accepted Comey's findings, but those findings still would have had currency amongst the middle. By the very nature of things, Comey's replacment's findings will not have currency if they find no collusion.

A few weeks ago I attended a continuing legal education conference that, for reasons not entirely clear to me, involved an hour from a PR crisis management guy. It was very interesting if not at all legal. Anywho, DJT's PR handling of Russia is almost incomprehensibly awful. IMO, he could have been done with this story in the very near future and taken minimal damage. Instead he bayonet-charged the German lines at Sedan.

Comment

• I mentioned last night that nearly all reporting indicates both Bannon and Priebus had major reservations about doing this. Not a fan of either guy, but both are smart enough to know the optics are awful.

But Trump gotta Trump

Comment

Working...
                                X