Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake news!
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• White nationalist leader Richard Spencer spoke at Auburn last night. A Fed judge ruled that Auburn couldn't block him from speaking. He wasn't invited by any student group; some guy from Atlanta rented one of the school's auditoriums, apparently. Led to several arrests, some violence

Comment

• I never really understood the appeal of watching tennis on TV. Now I do.

The real action at a Florida tennis match took place off the court. As Frances Tiafoe and Mitchell Krueger competed in the Sarasota Open on Tuesday night, their match was interrupted by a couple ha…

Comment

• I'll check Geezer's tennis link when not at work...heh

In a surprise move, Jason Chaffetz will not seek reelection in 2018.

Comment

• crash:
            1. Hillary put flyover America last in her pecking order

2. farming churchgoing middle white America has been blamed for homophobic/muslim hating/environmental polluting/transvestitehating behavior for the last 8 years

3. throw in the fact that every program put forth by the past administration expanded government and pulled more dollars out of middle America to support those who wont work. 1/2 the country is basically supporting the other 1/2

4. Trump won because the 1/2 that works or want to work outvoted those who had nothing else to do that day but vote and still couldn't muster the enthusiasm they had in 2008 and 2012 to get out and support their candidate

5. when the plight of the lbgt-q, illegal aliens, muslim African americans and criminals who dominate the headlines over the plight of the middle class working stiff, police officers, military etc middle America figured it out and showed up to make their voices heard.

6. wish it would have been somebody else to vote for but as someone said it was an antihillary vote more then a pro trump vote. she embodied much of what flyover America despised
            There. Now you snowflakes can address the points rather than the punctuation. Crash, one of the tell-tale signs of ignorance on this board is an attack on a person or a source. They were taught that in college, from the book Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky. You should take it as a concession when they don't want to deal with the points you make.

You are touching a nerve when you draw a dichotomy between the working Americans and the non-working Americans. I call that the net taxpayers v. the non-taxpayers. Almost all here are non-taxpayers, either on welfare, pension, "working" for the government.

Comment

• I see Geezer and Crash think the only people that voted for Hillary don't work and those that voted for Trump do.

I don't want to deal with his "points" because they are based in fantasy. Pretty much not worth a rational thinking person's time.
              Last edited by CGVT; April 19, 2017, 10:47 AM.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'd wager a pretty sizable number of Trump voters receive govt assistance of some kind, think they completely deserve it, and think virtually no one else does.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                  hillary put flyover America last in her pecking order
                  farming churchgoing middle white America has been blamed for homophobic/muslim hating/environmental polluting/transvestitehating behavior for the last 8 years
                  throw in the fact that every program put forth by the past administration expanded government and pulled more dollars out of middle America to support those who wont work. 1/2 the country is basically supporting the other 1/2
                  trump won because the 1/2 that works or want to work outvoted those who had nothing else to do that day but vote and still couldn't muster the enthusiasm they had in 2008 and 2012 to get out and support their candidate
                  when the plight of the lbgt-q, illegal aliens, muslim African americans and criminals who dominate the headlines over the plight of the middle class working stiff, police officers, military etc middle America figured it out and showed up to make their voices heard.
                  wish it would have been somebody else to vote for but as someone said it was an antihillary vote more then a pro trump vote. she embodied much of what flyover America despised
                  I think there are many facts that are objectively untrue in this post, including that the federal government is pulling money out of middle America. http://m.motherjones.com/politics/20...spending-trump

I am curious about the bolded statement though. The counties Hillary won account for 64% of the Nation's GDP. https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...utput-america/

Why do you believe that Hillary's voters worked less than Trumps supporters?
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• This ain't rocket science...Hillary lost because she's a fucking beyotch cunt. End of story.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      This ain't rocket science...Hillary lost because she's a fucking beyotch cunt. End of story.
                      Close the thread!

;)

Comment

• Agree to an extent, but lets not lose sight of the fact that she clobbered him in total votes.
                        It's such a local thing, right? I mean, she won by 3M. She won California by 4.3M. Also, I mean, yeah, she won by 2.1%. She also beat Obama by 0.7% in the 2008 primary, but Obama dominated in a bunch of R states (lol). She goes down as the unluckiest candidate ever.

Finally, if 2.1% is clobbered, then DJT obliterated HRC in Ohio and comfortably won Florida (1.3%) and was ok in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin (0.8% each). The Rs can literally stop campaigning and California and lose that state by 15M votes and it just doesn't matter. Dominant California wins -- where 2 D Senators finished first and second -- may balm the wounds, but the this is real in Ohio, Florida and the 3 other B10 states.

DSL:

There's nothing interesting about Ossoff in the general election. He will lose.

when the plight of the lbgt-q, illegal aliens, muslim African americans and criminals who dominate the headlines over the plight of the middle class working stiff, police officers, military etc middle America figured it out and showed up to make their voices heard.
                        Quoted for truth.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          It's such a local thing, right? I mean, she won by 3M. She won California by 4.3M. Also, I mean, yeah, she won by 2.1%. She also beat Obama by 0.7% in the 2008 primary, but Obama dominated in a bunch of R states (lol). She goes down as the unluckiest candidate ever.

Finally, if 2.1% is clobbered, then DJT obliterated HRC in Ohio and comfortably won Florida (1.3%) and was ok in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin (0.8% each). The Rs can literally stop campaigning and California and lose that state by 15M votes and it just doesn't matter. Dominant California wins -- where 2 D Senators finished first and second -- may balm the wounds, but the this is real in Ohio, Florida and the 3 other B10 states.
                          I guess...I mean, all that was basically stipulated. But it was a very nice post.

Comment

• I am curious about the bolded statement though. The counties Hillary won account for 64% of the Nation's GDP
                            The top 1% account for roughly 20% of total income. The top 10% account for roughly 50%. The bottom 50% account for roughly 4% of the income. This is Progressive 101.

I don't particularly agree that Trump voters work more than D voters. But, percent of GDP is, IMO, absolutely irrelevant to the discussion. I'd look at, you know, unemployment rates in counties won by each respective candidate.

Comment

• I know I don't want to work.

Comment

• I guess...I mean, all that was basically stipulated. But it was a very nice post.
                                Your kinds words brighten my day, Wild Hoss. Anyway, I think that when recounting the woes of HRC, you have to include 2008. She was hosed by the system in that one, too. And I had the good fortune of voting for her both times! The Curse of Smarty Jones!

Comment

Working...
                                X