No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know much of what you are going on about in that post Geezer, but look -- are you gonna be the last person on Earth to admit the DNC hack? Apparently so.
    Of course, the DNC was hacked. How else did the emails get to Wikileaks? I've never denied the hack, and I pointed out in my post that the right sought to verify the provenance of the emails. What I have been consistent about is that I believe a Trump presidency is far less desirable to a thug like Putin than some jelly-spined corruption queen selling US foreign policy to the highest bidder.

OBJECTIVE? Good luck proving it. But I'd rather you come back to the sane side, actually. I miss you.
    What did I say that is not objectively true?

And please don't edit my posts. My remark about Hitler was in the context of AA saying something like "...if it didn't originate with 4can, it's a great story." I hadn't read the Buzzfeed article until you posted it. When I read the part about Trump wanting to be pissed on, it triggered my recollection of what the OSS claimed Hitler did with his half-niece. I was saying to AA, "this stuff isn't all that original". Nothing more. There is actually a name for that kind of sexual deviancy, but I forget what it is called.

Please try to remember that there are things that are actually true and things that are not. I saw a poll today where over 50% of Dems believed that voting machines were hacked and the numbers changed. If you listen carefully to the progs, you will see that they all say "the election was hacked" in precisely that formulation. It is probably poll-tested. I've suggested here before that there should be a distinction between the campaign and the actual voting. I'm willing to accept Trump's statement today that Russia did the hacking. I've always believed that the emails affected the campaign. JMO about Russian motivation, but trying to make Hillary look bad (believing she would win) seems logical to me. It comports with what they are doing to our European allies. Hack, it is you who seem to believe that Putin and Trump somehow conspired to snatch defeat away from Hillary. There is absolutely no evidence of any kind about that type of conspiracy.
    Last edited by Da Geezer; January 11, 2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• "Trumpism", I think.

Comment

• Nice article by Daniel Summers on anti-vaxxers and the 'vaccine safety commision' to be headed by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Anti-vaxxers are bad at math. Conspiracy theorists who reject 1,567 studies that affirm their safety and efficacy. This just gives their idiocy legitimacy.

Sad, really.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Nice article by Daniel Summers on anti-vaxxers and the 'vaccine safety commision' to be headed by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Anti-vaxxers are bad at math. Conspiracy theorists who reject 1,567 studies that affirm their safety and efficacy. This just gives their idiocy legitimacy.

Sad, really.
          It is scary, because now the anti vaxxers are in power.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• From the article. And I will add... Anti-Vaxxers are fucking idiots.

Will that be the conclusion of a Trump-created, Kennedy-led commission? I have absolutely no confidence that it will be. The mere creation of the commission, meant to investigate a question that has already been asked and answered many times over, is ominous, even aside from the anti-vaccine agenda both men unmistakably share. Given Trump’s disdain for facts that inconveniently conflict with his opinions, to believe the commission will land on the side of vaccination requires an optimism bordering on the deranged.

Instead, what is likely to happen is that confidence in one of the greatest benefits to public health in human history will be further eroded. Its findings will certainly be as unfounded, perhaps fraudulent, as the anti-vaccine efforts that have come before it. But this time they will bear the seal of the President of the United States.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Next commission: we are going to look into this whole "gravity" thing! Rumor invented by crooked media! Very unfair! #bigly

Comment

• I can't believe the shit that is going on right now.

What the hell happened to this country?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  I can't believe the shit that is going on right now.

What the hell happened to this country?
                  Nothing. This is the country we always were under the surface.

Comment

• Look, I can tell from in the trenches. My experience with the panoply of pediatric vaccinations recommended by the CDC is that there is only a small percentage of idiot adults that say they don't want them for their kids. Admittedly, I don't see many pre 4y olds so I'm missing that portion of the vaccinated population.

What I see is plenty of kids coming in with their parents for their 3rd and 4th in a series of recommended vaccines. There's nobody who comes in for a well child check and says, "I'm an anti-vaxer; no vaccines for my kids." There are fence sitters who ask about them. I have handouts that I give fence sitters. I've not had one that, after reading the science, says, no I don't want them.

I'm obviously presenting a small sample size in my clinic but I've also seen the numbers. Anti-vaxers are small in number. They pose a much smaller threat to public health in the US than Merck Pharmaceuticals that holds the patent on the Measals, Mumps and Rubella Vaccine (MMR). Merck is the ONLY producer of this important vaccine. There are serious questions about the efficacy of what this company is producing.

The anti-vaxer movement and the controversy surrounding it is a distraction from addressing this more pressing issue of whether or not Merck is producing and selling a vaccine that is worth a shit. There are a fairly large number of scientists outside of the CDC and the FDA who say it is not efficacious and questions abound over these two government agencies abrogating their legal responsibility for oversight.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Interesting stuff Jeff, thanks.

Follow the money. Always.

Comment

• Jeff,

Do you have access to PubMed? Here is an article from several years back on the issue done by the University of Michigan. The last thing this "movement" needs is legitimacy.

Vaccinations against life-threatening diseases are one of the greatest public health achievements in history. Literally millions of premature deaths have been prevented, and countless more children have been saved from disfiguring illness. While vaccinations carry unavoidable risks, the medical, soc …
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This is a big part of the problem. A thirty year old that reads anti-vaxx propaganda has never seen a person crippled by polio or never had a cousin die from the measles.

Today, however, vaccines are becoming a victim of their success--many individuals have never witnessed the debilitating diseases that vaccines protect against, allowing complacency toward immunization requirements to build
                          And then,of course, the myth that vaccinations cause Autism (Trump believes it...)

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Jeff,

Do you have access to PubMed? Here is an article from several years back on the issue done by the University of Michigan. The last thing this "movement" needs is legitimacy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15568260
                            Not seen that particular Pub but I understand the issues. I'm not denying that parents opting out has consequences for the public health. One of the problems for me is that the data is scant on how many are actually opting out. One Measels outbreak at Disney is not enough to convince me that this is a bigger problem than Merck.

I've got an idea. Vet foreign manufacturers of the MMR and compete the pricing. If Merck wants to fold their tent, fine. Do it. Same for other vaccine producers that are complaining of litigation threats.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Saw this tweeted by Wikileaks... sounds like the Russian tech expert never talked to the US. I know. Thing of this website, but in an effort to post information I have, I wanted to share. It may or may not be true.

[emoji48]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Interesting...China has been quietly pressuring African countries to drop recognition of Taiwan's diplomatic status

Comment

Working...
                                X