Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Hack actually reminds me a lot of Talent. Their arguments have the same meter, cadence, smugness, and condescension. They are both effective debaters.

They could be brothers.
    One of AA's greatest posts. Ever.

Comment

Don't be sensitive. Although it does make me smile that I scored points with my "troll" acqusation.
      takes one to know one.. =)
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• No one is forcing anyone to bake cakes. What they have forced people to do, is if they bake cakes, they cannot refuse to provide that service to people based on whether they are gay. (I.e. If you bake cakes, you have to bake them for everyone.)

It's not really that unique of a concept. If you replace a gay wedding with an interracial marriage, no one would even think twice.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
          As the Ds already tend to win urban districts, what would be the greater gain here?

And understand...I don't really believe the split is as much Urban v Rural as it is White v Minority. But I haven't delved into the voting demo stats, so I am open to other interpretations.
          Just to see how it would play for the future. You're not risking a seat, just trying out a new message.

I agree with you that that's not the REAL divide. But, given the situation right now, you don't have to identify the REAL divide. You just have to find any divide, tell people they are victims, and identify the perpetrator. I'm sure there are plenty of urban folk who aren't sick and tired of how politics is slanted toward the rural minority. They might not have even noticed. But if you tell them that they have a right to be mad as hell and that they shouldn't take it any more, some of them will agree. I just wonder how many.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            takes one to know one.. =)
            C'mere and gimme a hug, big guy.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
              But, Eskimo brothers? The horror.
              I was thinking more along the lines of Ben and Casey Affleck

Comment

• Is your objection that the government shouldn't have the ability to fine any business for refusal of service to ANYONE, including 'protected classes', or do you more object to gays being put into the 'protected class' category?
                First, I don't think the Constitution covers gay folks as a protected class. Second, I don't think that was the issue in Oregon. I believe Oregon law specifically covers gay folks. Third, I'm all for Oregon having the right to pass laws as they see fit. Federalism and such. Fourth, I'm agnostic as to the relgious-freedom argument -- I can see both sides. Fifth, what bothers me is the fine itself/damages award. That strikes me as grossly disproportionate.

I disagree with the law, but, as I said Oregon can Oregon. And North Carolina can North Carolina.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

C'mere and gimme a hug, big guy.
                  mind if I cry a little..

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of Ben and Casey Affleck
                    Stephen and Daniel Baldwin. I would be Alec.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      No one is forcing anyone to bake cakes. What they have forced people to do, is if they bake cakes, they cannot refuse to provide that service to people based on whether they are gay. (I.e. If you bake cakes, you have to bake them for everyone.)

It's not really that unique of a concept. If you replace a gay wedding with an interracial marriage, no one would even think twice.

completely agree with this.. which is why I do lean towards the fine. 135K seems rich, but agree with this analogy.

Now.. if Wiz wants to marry his goat, do the same rules apply.

Comment

mind if I cry a little..

It's getting dusty in here. I might tear up, too.

Comment

• Now.. if Wiz wants to marry his goat, does the same rules apply.
                          Yes. The principle set forth being that you can't discriminate against anyone for their choice of marriage partner. End of story.

Of course, race is in the 14th amendment. Buggery is not.

Comment

Stephen and Daniel Baldwin. I would be Alec.

or maybe Charlie Sheen and Emilo Estevez

Comment

• Talent did post a Wild Thing vid from "Major League" the other day. Hmmmm...

Comment

• I don't like you anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X