Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    It's like the Mike Price Reign in Tuscaloosa.
    Price? No, unless he's gone after 6 weeks. Dubose? Warmer.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Big data and Healthcare
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The Chicago Tribune is now taking the stance that Trump's tweet attacking Boeing was a direct response to the Tribune's story published this morning.

Comment

• MAGA...by buying from Airbus.

Comment

• Geezer a government-contracted road or bridge or school results in GDP. Do you want to further refine your statement?

Comment

• Economists David Autor, David Dorn and Gordon Hanson provide convincing evidence that imports from China led to fewer manufacturing jobs in the United States. In a recent paper with Kaveh Majlesi, they found that districts with industries more vulnerable to Chinese imports tended to elect congressional representatives taking more polarized stances, both among Republicans and Democrats. As reported in the Washington Post, new research by this group found that import penetration from China boosted support for Trump.

Comment

• Right or wrong re this Boeing thing, here's an area in which to keep an open mind. Defence contracting is a pretty cozy world in which taxpayer money is handed over to a handful of entities who are not made more efficient through competition.

Comment

• better ways to accomplish that than twitter.. jmo

Comment

• You'd think. But hey -- results are results. I know for myself that the best way to get customer service out of a company is to tweet at them, rather than through older ways. Maybe it's no different if you're the president.

Srsly, I'm not above using what tactics are available to get the a best and fair deal in government contracting.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      better ways to accomplish that than twitter.. jmo
                      LMAO

Comment

• Hack - so, you're ok with him trying to silence critics of his administration by (potentially)threatening to pull government contracts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                          Hack - so, you're ok with him trying to silence critics of his administration by (potentially)threatening to pull government contracts?
                          I heard that Boeing stock dropped $1.48B in value following the little hissy fit too, before rebounding some for a total loss of $550M. After DJT had divested himself of his Boeing holdings of course.

Comment

• There's not much I'm OK with, but this could be a silver lining? Dunno. Doubt it, really. If I'm Boeing I pretty much ignore it anyways. Are they really gonna go to a foreign company for a contract with national-security implications? In all likekihood, if the acutal program cost is $2.3bn or $3.2bn, Trump will tweet that out tomorrow and claim victory.

But, in general, defense contracting is a swamp. Anyone concerned with fiscal health should start there, and any attention on it is a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              It's gonna be a long four years. He's a petulant child and he has the nuclear football.
                              What do you think are the odds that he pushes that big red button?
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I hope none. But I don't trust him. He handles his poistion like he's on a message board, not in charge of the most powerful country in the world.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X