Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    Oh, fuck ....... I'm no Trump fan but Richard Nixon's presidency was the pinnacle of the Imperial Type. Keep pretending?

Comong, man. There is a difference here between the two but it's subtle; both were/are very interested in self agrandizement and Nixon was probably the worst. HE alone, along with his legacy, not any business interests he might have had, were his thing.
    I was speaking of the use of government for personal enrichment.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Also, I've posted this exact link before about the Keystone issue being largely nonsense:
      https://rbnenergy.com/need-for-keyst...t-refining-hub. Feel free to vet the source. See who the guy is and where he gets his revenue.
      My understanding is that the Alberta Tar Sands play needs oil to be at $70-80 to be profitable. Which renders Keystone largely irrlevant at this point and time.

Shale fracking in the US is expensive but the process for extracting oil in Alberta is even more so.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        There is no chance whatsoever of the GOP ever approaching impeachment. There is literally nothing he could do for those guys to consider it. Put that out of you mind, he could sell the Presidency in plain view and they would cheer him on. A clown like Jason Chaffetz would notarize the sale of the Presidency.
        Yeah, we'll be amazed at how morally flexible these zealots of conservative principle become once Obama moves out of the White House. Like I said Nov 8th...the buffet is open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          My understanding is that the Alberta Tar Sands play needs oil to be at $70-80 to be profitable. Which renders Keystone largely irrlevant at this point and time.

Shale fracking in the US is expensive but the process for extracting oil in Alberta is even more so.
          Well Alberta has its conventional oil too, which is also heavy oil. But they found other ways to move it. Keystone was irrelevant by 2013, when oil was still north of $100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            Yeah, we'll be amazed at how morally flexible these zealots of conservative principle become once Obama moves out of the White House. Like I said Nov 8th...the buffet is open.
            It's more like a trough, but buffet will work. I can only imagine the designs of that repugnant reptile Darrel Issa has to loot from the Federal government.

Comment

• Let's be clear here, the notion that Trump has decided not to pursue charges on Clinton is utter nonsense. She was already cleared by the corrupt FBI and it's not his job, he wasn't elected to be a 3rd world strongman.

Why was Pence at Hamilton anyway? The booing was to be expected, he was a bad governor, I'm sure he was used to that. But the play itself must have been excruciating, the lead is a gay HIV positive actor and the play is lionizing Alexander Hamilton not the American Sphinx. It must have been the real life equivalent of the Ludovico technique.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                There has been no solution on Flint, nothing has been done. They have give out filters and fought to supply bottled water. The GOP congress Sat on their hands, this issue has been going on for years and nothing has been done. The GOP is in control of both houses in Lansing and both houses in Washington and they've done bubkus.
                And BTW, The State of Michigan is appealing a federal court ruling saying that the State of Michigan has to make sure the filters are working properly and give Bottled Water out the residents of Flint. The State of Michigan is saying that this is too much expense for them.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• "The Conspirator" is decent. Don't know how I missed it when it came out. I'm a sucker for Civil War era pieces.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                    And BTW, The State of Michigan is appealing a federal court ruling saying that the State of Michigan has to make sure the filters are working properly and give Bottled Water out the residents of Flint. The State of Michigan is saying that this is too much expense for them.
                    No doubt the work of AG Schutte.

Comment

• About 4 million workers would have become eligible to earn overtime under the new rule set to go into effect Dec. 1. Business groups and 21 states sued. A Texas judge has now put the rule on hold.

A judge blocks millions of Working class white voters from receiving overtime pay. Of course the rule was put into effect by the Obama administration because the republican congress refused to act to help working class voters.

So, good for those working class voters. You really nailed who is looking out for you!
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/NPRinskeep/status/801183816656289793[/ame]

Comment

• A judge blocks millions of Working class white voters from receiving overtime pay. Of course the rule was put into effect by the Obama administration because the republican congress refused to act to help working class voters.

So, good for those working class voters. You really nailed who is looking out for you!
                          Perhaps Obama should have appointed a "better" judge.

Also, no mention of the merits. And, of course, why would there be? When it comes to progressives, the judiciary is all about the ENDS, the ENDS, the ENDS...fuck the process.

As it turned out, the Obama-appointee applied Chevron in a straight-forward way and used basic statutory construction to say a statute means what the words say. I can see why that would rile those on the left.

It appears you've tried to reach a page that doesn't exist or has been moved. If you need further assistance -- please Contact Us or return to the home page.
                          Last edited by iam416; November 23, 2016, 08:37 AM.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent,
                            That's because my comment wasn't directed at the process. I thought the argument was a good one, albeit a long shot. In fact I was at a conference earlier this year that the eminent defense counsel in the room assumed it was going nowhere.

My comment was direct at the idea that white working class voters voted republican because the democrats were not looking out for their economic interests. This is a rule, directly aimed at increasing wages for millions of working class voters, which was enacted by a democratic executive branch because the republicans refused to do anything. And no w it's gone, and won't be replaced. Because republicans have no intention of actually trying to increase wages for working class voters.

So good job working class voters. You done good!
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'm less than clear as to how that falls at the feet of Rs. I mean, Obama over-reached; an Obama-appointee rejected it on at least credible grounds. (it's hard to see the 5th C overturning...heh).

I don't think Trump ran on this issue or any other sort of coerced wage issue, but rather other ways to create jobs. And, in any event, he isn't even in office, yet.

But, I do understand you and others don't much care about any of that. Blame the ignorant white folks?
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Working-class voters have been pandered to a ridiculous amount. If someone told me exactly what I wanted to hear for that long I'd probably lose a sense of things myself. It certainly is time to point out their own errors to them. Not doing so counts as an example of the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Comment

Working...
                                X