Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent:
    Some national exit poll data breaking down voters: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...on/exit-polls/
    Sorry, Talent, but that WaPo breakdown is evidence of exactly what is wrong with this country and in particular the Controlled Media. They cannot even think to analyze things they don't believe. Evangelicals broke 81-16 for Trump. This country is on a path to declaring basic Christianity to be hateful behavior. Hillary, in her concession speech, used the phrase "freedom of worship", which, to the intelligent Christian, is the same type of wording as the phrase "health of the mother".

Comment

• Some early data suggests that blacks and hispanics weren't that enthralled with the PAH. If they had shown up at the polls in key states as they did for BHO, this election would be dramatically different.

Al Sharpton blames black radio and black churches. I don't know. I do know that it is done and we're just going to have to hope for the best.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        Talent:

Sorry, Talent, but that WaPo breakdown is evidence of exactly what is wrong with this country and in particular the Controlled Media. They cannot even think to analyze things they don't believe. Evangelicals broke 81-16 for Trump. This country is on a path to declaring basic Christianity to be hateful behavior. Hillary, in her concession speech, used the phrase "freedom of worship", which, to the intelligent Christian, is the same type of wording as the phrase "health of the mother".
        Wait..... what?
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I choked on that too. I would hope that it's the opposite. An unintelligent Christian may take offense, but anyone of intelligence is aware of basic freedoms in the constitution.

Comment

• Christians are super persecuted all around the country.

Comment

• Just in time for WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!! season

Comment

• If you tell them that for long enough they'll believe it. Which is why we now have the majority group, with more power than any other, acting like an aggrieved majority.

Comment

• Talent is correct.. if the Dem's reaction (not party leadership) but party members want to blame racism/sexism as the reason for the loss, they'll lose a lot more in the future. You can't ask for people to vote for you and call them hicks, racists, morons at the same time.

UNLESS.. you don't want their vote and believe you just needed more "true" dems to vote in the next election. And by "true" dems I mean the progressive view of the party..
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• obviously, I believe the dem party is similar to the pubs in the fact they have competing blocks within the party and you can't be everything to everyone..

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Some early data suggests that blacks and hispanics weren't that enthralled with the PAH. If they had shown up at the polls in key states as they did for BHO, this election would be dramatically different.
                      They will never again run without a minority on the ticket. Guaranteed.

ID politics is half the battle.

Comment

• AlabamAlum:
                        Yeah. The current inexorable creep to the fringe. That said, it's cyclic. Chin up. We will return to a centrist predominance around 2032. Of course, I will be in my cryogenic pod by then.
                        I think Entropy dealt with this when he found a quote from Thomas Sowell. It went something like "In the 60's they called me a radical, in the 80s they called me a liberal, now they call me a racist."

Look up Overton Window, and you will begin to understand what is happening. The entire range of acceptable outcomes or solutions has been shifting quickly to the left. Trump's election might slow its shift, but Thomas Jefferson was the first to observe that government trends always toward tyranny. What you and Talent see as a middle-of-the-road party now is actually a hard left party historically.

In 1994, the Republicans took control of the House for the first time in my adult life, mostly because of Hillary's plan for national health care. 1994 was a wave election where the US emphatically rejected the Clintons. Bill famously said, "the era of big government is over". Contrast that with Obamacare in 2010. Even though it was all based on profound lies, and never had public support, it still passed. That is a radically different notion of "acceptable outcomes" within a period of 25 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                          They will never again run without a minority on the ticket. Guaranteed.

ID politics is half the battle.

I believe that to be true as well. Which then suggests the working middle class in the rust belt will become republican. Some will call that racism. Some will say people vote for those that speak for them..

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                            I believe that to be true as well. Which then suggests the working middle class in the rust belt will become republican. Some will call that racism. Some will say people vote for those that speak for them..
                            "Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend on a certain point of view."

-Obi Wan Kenobi

Yes...I quoted from Star Wars, ON PURPOSE!

Comment

• The entire range of acceptable outcomes or solutions has been shifting quickly to the left.

I just don't understand that statement, when, in truth, most of Bernie Sanders' platform was merely a return to how things were under Reagan. My only way to understand why people believe that is revolutionary fervor. People have to feel a firm grip of what's at stake, and they're not going to keep coming to the polls if you tell them about all the great things they've enabled you to do in the last 35 years. So they need to keep fear alive.

Comment

• Clinton's Democratic Party wasn't hard left at all. Just further examples of being willfully ignorant to the facts.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X