Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    When will ??s about Russian hackers being behind a complete reversal of expectated outcomes emerge?
    Two years, minimum.

And now the Ds will be bringing in Chinese hackers. Good times.

Comment

• The Trump capmaign has openly talked about for months how on Day 1 they plan to have Executive Orders already drafted, only needing Trump's signature, that will erase pretty much every Executive Order Obama ever signed and more to add on top of it. Anything we've agreed to do at the UN will probably be eliminated. Perhaps background checks on guns as well. He can also prob sign an order that orders the immediate enforcement of drug laws everywhere, which would throw out all these state marijuana resolutions that have been passing.

Comment

• I don't get the sense of how much to take him at his word.

Comment

• I think he will leave pot alone. He has been in support of medical, and I think the business/profit aspect will have him to leave marijuana to the states.

Immigration, trade, and the ACA will be his planks.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• After that Access Hollywood feeding frenzy, it was reported that they decided on a strategy of bringing the campaign into a mudfight to depress the vote. That's what happened. I think the polls caused a lot of complacency on the Democratic side and any leaners, she was up the whole time, people took it for granted.

There is a thousand reasons why they lost, but they lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              The Trump capmaign has openly talked about for months how on Day 1 they plan to have Executive Orders already drafted, only needing Trump's signature, that will erase pretty much every Executive Order Obama ever signed and more to add on top of it. Anything we've agreed to do at the UN will probably be eliminated. Perhaps background checks on guns as well. He can also prob sign an order that orders the immediate enforcement of drug laws everywhere, which would throw out all these state marijuana resolutions that have been passing.
              This is scary. Let's not forget his ability to involve us in foreign wars without congressional approval.
              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Yeah it's now being projected that this will be the lowest turnout since Election 2000

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  After that Access Hollywood feeding frenzy, it was reported that they decided on a strategy of bringing the campaign into a mudfight to depress the vote. That's what happened.
                  "They" also took away his access to Twitter, and I don't believe he made any TV appearances for the last several weeks. Basically...hide and throw poo.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I still think a lot of Pubs who were targeted by Trump over the last year probably won't suddenly become buddies.. They will leverage each other for what they want, but Trump won't be able to help himself. jmo..
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Trump did better in the burbs than I thought he would..

Comment

• The next 4 yrs will prove one thing.... my opinion that the right and the left are the same creatures.

Comment

• Talent:
                            (7) Congratulations to Hannibal. You were correct re polls, well, sort of -- you're prediction post certainly suggested you didn't think your take on the polls was likely correct, but it was. Hell, I don't think anyone, including Trump, thought they'd win Wisconsin.
                            I agree and I'm glad to see this post. Hannibal's posts during this election have given me insight into what middle-class working folks are thinking, and that was reflected in the election.

I'm only on page 657, so if this is redundant, it should be redundant.

Comment

• Huh? White males are the most pandered-to demographic in this country. Arguably, the fact that they are willing to buy the same bullshit every four years and can be completely hostile to facts when convenient for them is the reason we're in this predicament. If you didn't know what they were thinking by now, that's a bit of a triumph in ignorance. The difference this time is that Trump spoke the same old message but without the equivocating that makes politicians look like weenies.

Comment

• Arguably, the fact that they are willing to buy the same bullshit every four years and can be completely hostile to facts when convenient for them is the reason we're in this predicament
                                Completely hostile to facts.

Yep. I guess saying the same shit over and over again makes it true, no matter what proof to the contrary is presented.

As I said above. The thing that most turned this election was the fact that those that get their "news" from internet memes and youtube vids saw enough of them to believe that they were indeed fact and came out to vote.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X