No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou Dobbs on O'Reilly just now praising Trump for being absolutely brilliant and having a stroke of genius for calling the integrity of the election into question. This bitter old fuck really may be even more in the tank for Trump than Hannity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      Depends on the training level.

Cardiac Technicians and Paramedics in GA can administer ACLS drugs - epi and anti-arrhythmics without MD orders.

In my own experience in a rural ER setting, I've not seen a whole lot of Paramedics. Most of the EMS units, sadly, only have AEMTs (Advanced EMTs). But, yeah, this is GA. I think you are right. In most states if you've got an ACLS card you can do what needs to be done in accordance with the ACLS Algorithm.

I can't speak for the Metro-Atlanta area. I should know more about this for my own benefit and I don't. I can just see myself loading up on a truck seeing V-fib on the monitor and saying give me the fucking epi and getting some sort of blank stare as I black out.
      AEMT is the old EMT-II. When I became a paramedic (NREMT-P) decades ago, there were only medics and EMTs. It was a simpler time. Besides saving lives, it benefits the rural ambulance companies to get medics because they can bill more.

Heh. You'll never see your own V-fib, but at least the EMT basics can defib with an AED.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Jeff, Drew Sharp also had two open heart surgeries.

Comment

• when he was a kid

Comment

• Election update, with the new ABC poll showing Clinton +12 as food for thought

Early voting numbers suggest good trends for Clinton in VA, CO, NC, and Arizona. Not so much in Iowa or Ohio.

Want these election updates emailed to you right when they’re published? Sign up here. Instead of a poll, let’s start today’s Election Update with some actual v…

Comment

• Also, Real Clear Politics now considers Texas a toss-up state

Comment

• The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• This is a great comparison of HRC's proposals to improve the ACA and Trump's proposals to eliminate the ACA. It's done by the Rand Corporation and paid for by the Commonwealth Fund, a liberal philanthropic organization that began in the early 1900's. You can Google it to learn about it.

I'm providing it without editorial comment other than it elucidates the complexity of the ACA and the difficulty and huge costs to the American health care consumer in shit-canning it.

Even though I have issues with the entire health care delivery system and would like to see it changed dramatically, it also is clear to me that's not going to happen but good public policy can reshape it.

IMO, HRC offers two main change provisions to the ACA that have the potential to lower drug costs (a huge issue for me as a health care provider) and lower the cost of Insurance for middle income families and the poor. These are (1) specific provisions that will shape the current pricing strategies of the pharmaceutical companies and (2) a public insurance option that would be structured like Medicare along with expanded Medicare coverage starting at age 55. It's competition for private insurance and is likely to drive private insurance costs down.

Obviously there is a cost to this and it is not insubstantial.

Presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have proposed distinctly different approaches to health care policy. Use this feature to compare the 2016 candidates’ health proposals.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff: What do you pay yearly for malpractice insurance?

Comment

• Nothing. My practice pays for it and that is pretty standard.

Moreover, I'm a Physician Assistant. Malpractice Insurance rates are about 1/3 that of an MD. Rates also vary by specialty. Obstetrics and Emergency Medicine top the list.

My background is in Emergency Medicine but I can tell you we are heavily backstopped by the MDs we practice with. They're keenly aware of what the strengths and weaknesses of any mid-level (PAs and Nurse practitioners) working in an ER setting are and are we're on a short leash until you prove they can trust you. The reason for that is they are the ones the get sued if we screw up because they supervise everything we do.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Tom Hayden died today at 76,

Comment

• Wake County, NC sees a 9% rise in early voting despite fewer polling places. In 2012 this County (where Raleigh is) went 55-43% for Obama

More people voted during the first four days of early voting in Wake County than during the same period four years ago, despite fewer early voting locations being available this year.

Comment

• Harris County, TX (Houston) sees 6,000 people voting per hour on the first day of early voting in Texas

Comment

• Early voting looks promising for Dems in Florida and NC. Republicans returning absentee ballots not nearly as large a lead as in 2012

In 2012, well more than half of all voters in battleground states Florida and North Carolina cast their ballots before Election Day. In Florida, 56 pe

Comment

• Total speculation, but I think some of the turnout in NC could be because of the gubernatorial vote. Pat McCrory signed their discrimination bill that caused the state to lose ACC championship games and tourneys.

When I was visiting in-laws a couple of months ago, the campaigning was incessant.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X