No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTR, I think that debates at this stage are largely a bullshit waste of time.

Comment

• I was at one of the more famous debates, the one where Ross Perot talked about the giant sucking sound. The amount of secret service agents was astounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        I'd argue that she has essentially been through the primary process only once. This year barely counts as one. It was a rigged game from the beginning and she still didn't win decisively. Her opponent was a hunched over old, totaly uncharismatic Communist who ran a nice, gentle campaign that never took her to task on anything. On the rare occasion that she got challenged, she didn't react very well...
        So you agree with me...her problem is that she struggles going up against old white guys that get away with saying crazy shit.

Who wouldn't?

Comment

• Trump has an easier bar to clear. He just has to appear competent and not "drunk uncle at Thanksgiving". Hillary has to appear likable. A tall order. But that said, never underestimate Trump's ability to trip over his own two feet.

Comment

FTR, I think that debates at this stage are largely a bullshit waste of time.

agree... it will be more of the same on twitter and FB. Both sides will claim the other candidate is morally bankrupt (and they'll be right)
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
              So you agree with me...her problem is that she struggles going up against old white guys that get away with saying crazy shit.

Who wouldn't?
              depends upon your definition of is...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Trump has an easier bar to clear. He just has to appear competent and not "drunk uncle at Thanksgiving". Hillary has to appear likable. A tall order. But that said, never underestimate Trump's ability to trip over his own two feet.

trump will say something stupid.. he can't help himself. The question is will it be something new or something similar to what he's said before? I think that will determine his poll changes.

btw.. if Hillary looks sick or come across as "not 100%", that will hurt her more than anything. JMO.

Comment

• and if Johnson was allowed in these debates (which I still see as a the parties keeping their duopoly), it might be entertaining. Johnson has things to say I like and others... well, he's a little bit off the reservation.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    and if Johnson was allowed in these debates (which I still see as a the parties keeping their duopoly), it might be entertaining. Johnson has things to say I like and others... well, he's a little bit off the reservation.
                    He could fire up a doob onstage...that'd be epic.

Comment

• "Syria is a bummer, man. That's a bummer. Mind if I do a J?"

Comment

• LOL

Trump in 2011 to Hannity: The Clintons have done so much for African-Americans

Comment

• DSL:

Thanks for stuff on NYC "Broken Windows" policing.

As for Chicago, that data isn't what I'm looking at. I'm looking at it from relatively newly implemented "ACLU Policing" -- i.e., pretty much this year. Sample size is probably not large enough to draw a strong conclusion--but woof...it's certainly startling.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• talent.. for those of us not immersed in the ACLU policing..., can you explain? thanks

Comment

FTR, I think that debates at this stage are largely a bullshit waste of time.
                              They aren't true debates. They're a platform to offer empty promises and deliver one-liners. The best part is how the media will come on and tell us who "won" the "debate." The truth is that with these two offered as the nation's best choices, we all lose. An egotistical blowhard v.s. a shrew lacking any shred of humanity. Neither of them give a rat's ass about the Constitution. You know, that document they'll swear to uphold.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Leona Helmsley vs David Berkowitz. What a great pair of candidates.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X