No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when Bill was proud to be a white southerner?

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Good post on the role of government, Rocky.

WSJ had this two weeks ago. Its last paragraph carries your thought to its logical conclusion.

Comment

• The ACC is now removing all neutral site competition from the state of North Carolina for the 2016-17 season. This includes the ACC Football Championship game, which was supposed to be in Charlotte.

Comment

• Geezer, trump called for 6 weeks of paid maternity leave in addition to the tax cuts. This is less than 8 months after the GOP members of congress refused to applaud for a call to provide for maternity leave. He says it'll be paid via unemployment insurance.

Re: Clinton's health. Can you give a timeline of Trump's health in 2005? How about the mid 90's? People claim she is not transparent, but that article proves the converse is true. You know more about her health than anyone else that I can remember running for president.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• That's where context is key. No doubt HRC's campaign falls short on transparency. But how rich for anyone supporting Trump or part of his campaign to suggest that. He's running the least transparent campaign in 50 years.

But HRC knows what she's up against. Trump has his own rules. No sense bitching about the system, but need to keep the context in the debate.

Comment

• I don't know what's wrong with HRC but she's been having problems longer than the last few months. It doesn't really matter, though. We'll continue to lose our freedoms whomever is selected as president. Collective groups will continue to demand their "rights," though what they really seek are entitlements. The natural rights of life, liberty, and property for individuals who just want to be free of government interference are fading fast. Just wait until all currency is digital and all transactions are transparent. Unfortunately, George Orwell's 1984 has become less a warning and more a playbook.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Well, that stuff works both ways. What's the loss of my privacy if all transactions can be traced? I don't know how much I have to hide in comparison with crooks and tax havens and banks and terrorist-finance networks. If they were subject to the same loss of privacy because of blockchain technology I could see the cost-benefit analysis being pretty favorable toward law-abiding citizens.

But whatever's going on with HRC's health is another matter. I don't really have the ability to know how much of this is anti-Clinton noise, but the fact that there's not an immediate demand for Trump to release more information tells me this is more about hitting her than it is about any legitimate concerns. If anyone thinks Hillary's health is an issue, and yet is not wondering about Trump's health and level of medical disclosure, than the best you can say about that person is that their thought process could improve. Even if you're using it as a proxy to worry about her level of transparency. If you're worried about what she hides, and you aren't just being partisan about it, you ought to be screaming at the top of your lungs at this point about Trump's taxes.
                Last edited by hack; September 14, 2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• I'm surprised to see no dialogue on the CP leaked emails...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    the fact that there's not an immediate demand for Trump to release more information tells me this is more about hitting her than it is about any legitimate concerns. If anyone thinks Hillary's health is an issue, and yet is not wondering about Trump's health and level of medical disclosure

Well, Trump hasn't had multiple very public health episodes like Hillary has. She has suffered a very serious concussion in public a few years ago and now collapsed in public.
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• If you are actually genuinely concerned about the health of a candidate, and you wanted to make an informed decision, you'd want the information from both sides and not just one. But all the hollering about transparency is actually aimed at the more transparent campaign. There's a pretty easy and obvious conclusion about that. Not to mention that a concussion and pneumonia aren't exactly recurring issues. This is just opportunistic bullshit, which is why it is particularly notable the lack of skepticism with which some of you read your partisan media. Selective skepticism is not skepticism.
                      Last edited by hack; September 14, 2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• A candidates prior history is definitely reason for examination, both candidates should divulge any major problems, but in this case you have a candidate with high profile medical issues, of course it is valid to examine. I'm not a doctor bit Icev read that Hillary's 2012 incident was more than just a simple concussion, deep thrombosis or some such? Has to take cumadin?. Pretty serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• She's taking a very common drug for a very common condition, which is what happens to you when you reach that age. If we wanted to elect people based on the rudeness of their health we should elect 21-year-olds.

Both candidates should make the standard disclosures. The fact that you are going on about only one is telling.

Comment

• You know of her history only because she was in the public eye and she told you. Trump has not said anything. That's what hack is saying. (Btw, she released an update to her health history today. Hillary 2, Trump 0).

And Coumadin has been in use for more than 60 years. Something like 20 million Americans are prescribed it every year. It's not exactly an exotic or experimental medication.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              She's taking a very common drug for a very common condition, which is what happens to you when you reach that age. If we wanted to elect people based on the rudeness of their health we should elect 21-year-olds.

Both candidates should make the standard disclosures. The fact that you are going on about only one is telling.
                              especially when it is the one candidate that HAS made the standard disclosures.

Comment

• If you can't see why Hillary's health is an issue you are being purposefully blinded
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X